Dumbarton vs Airdrie

16 minutes ago, super-son said:

Serious question but obviously not going to act upon it. Is there security at the stadium to stop supporters peeking over the fence?

There's a steward on the main gate and another couple that are usually milling about. It might be worth a shot, but I reckon you'd probably be moved on if you got a bit close. 

Then again there are usually dog walkers and the like. So if you can grab a dog then that might be a good excuse 😂

3 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Will not be buying the stream

will not be watching a game again until Murray's gone

Will look for the updates on twitter.

The End.

As someone who used to be a frequent post-greenier of my crap output, who hadn't greened anything for ages, I was worried about you.

Good to know you're still here, sorry you're so hacked off with your team.

Edited by Boghead ranter

There's a steward on the main gate and another couple that are usually milling about. It might be worth a shot, but I reckon you'd probably be moved on if you got a bit close. 
Then again there are usually dog walkers and the like. So if you can grab a dog then that might be a good excuse [emoji23]
Might look a bit funny taking my dog up a ladder with me though. [emoji848]

11 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

90 minutes of pure, unadulterated Duffyball awaits. The worst 12 quid you will ever spend. Enjoy.

I paid £12.50 for a stream to watch East Fife -vs- Cove Rangers that didn't work, so if this game simply takes place it will not be the worst money I have spent this season.

Always great fun to watch players you're vaguely aware of but could not recognise heading balls at each other for 90 minutes!

1 hour ago, super-son said:

Serious question but obviously not going to act upon it. Is there security at the stadium to stop supporters peeking over the fence?

A few Clyde supporters went through earlier in the season with ladders but continuously got moved on by a steward. It was before any Covid travel restrictions were in place. 

3 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

We’ll swap with you if you want? Murray was incredibly good at getting the best out of a rag tag bunch of jobbers who looked doomed and Duffy was good at kick starting a team who should’ve been doing much better.

I said elsewhere I wouldn’t be entirely surprised if we swapped managers at the end of the season (or maybe even before then if things really take a dive). Murray as far as I know is still highly thought of at Dumbarton and Duffy fits the profile of the sort of manager we need (even if that is a bit of a cliche and one that I’m not even sure is a real phenomenon). I’d be hugely concerned about Duffy having to build a squad though considering his track record over the last 2-3 seasons with yourselves. I think he’d get a lot more out of our current squad however. 

2 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

I said elsewhere I wouldn’t be entirely surprised if we swapped managers at the end of the season (or maybe even before then if things really take a dive). Murray as far as I know is still highly thought of at Dumbarton and Duffy fits the profile of the sort of manager we need (even if that is a bit of a cliche and one that I’m not even sure is a real phenomenon). I’d be hugely concerned about Duffy having to build a squad though considering his track record over the last 2-3 seasons with yourselves. I think he’d get a lot more out of our current squad however. 

You take Duffy, Duffy offers Gallagher a 20p mixture and as much Irn Bru as he can drink again and we sign him back. I like it.

Definitely feels like a must win for us tonight - that said, we’ve looked at times since the re-start like we may not win another game this season, so not feeling overly confident.

To be fair, there have been extenuating circumstances you could point to in each of those games - the 4th minute red card at Peterhead, the timing of Thistle’s equaliser seconds after we missed a gilt-edged chance to make the game 2-0 and the injuries/suspensions at Cove. However, I worry that our problems run a bit deeper than all that.

Having Turner back will be a boost - not sure if Crighton still has a match of his ban to serve, but we missed him on Tuesday too. 

This won’t be our team, but I’d go...

Currie

P.McKay Crighton Fordyce McCann

Turner Sabbatini

Robert Carrick O’Reilly

Gallacher

6 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Will not be buying the stream

will not be watching a game again until Murray's gone

Will look for the updates on twitter.

The End.

Sorry Ammo but as the Beatles sang: "And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make"  so I will post you a report after the game, good or bad ( As long as the stream works)

7 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Hot take time.

If Rico is fit then I'd put McAllister in at centre-half for Ryan McGeever. I'm a big fan of McGeever, but in the past two games it's been his man who has scored. McAllister did a good job on Calumn Morrison on Tuesday night and appears to be hard as nails as well as a bit of sh*thouse. He looked quite keen to play out of defence a bit too rather than just launching balls up the channel. I'd like to see what he could do in his natural position.

Hoping we'll see wee James Wallace getting a start as well. I'd imagine quite a few players who played the full 90 (or near enough) on Tuesday might drop out for this one with the likes of Carsy, Forbes and Wilson returning.

^^^^^^^^

In the know or knows what hes talking about ? 

Either way well done !

Wedderburn and Frizzell being rested? Former I thought would be one of the first names on the team sheet if fit.

Looking forward to seeing what Wilson can do. Just hope he isn't isolated and does get some decent supply

Edited by CoveRangers1922

4 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Wedderburn and Frizzell being rested? Former I thought would be one of the first names on the team sheet if fit.

Looking forward to seeing what Wilson can do. Just hope he isn't isolated and does get some decent supply

It seems fairly clear that we’re rotating Wedderburn and Carswell now. I assume Duffy wants at least one frontline sitting midfielder relatively well rested for each game and I can’t blame him in the circumstances.

Some big opportunities for the likes of Langan, Duthie, and Wallace tonight.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

You take Duffy, Duffy offers Gallagher a 20p mixture and as much Irn Bru as he can drink again and we sign him back. I like it.

I for one welcome our new Ruaridh Langan, x1 Quitongo, Isaac Layne, Gary Oliver and exit trial overlords.