Dumbarton vs Airdrie

If Aberdeen don't run up a vidiprinter score on Saturday - one that in the old Grandstand days would have the score in words in brackets just to make sure nobody made a mistake reading it - then Glass should walk after his first game in charge.

Saturday has 7 or 8 (eight) - 0 (nil) written all over it.

21 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Jesus Christ, that was appalling. Dumbarton are the worst side I've watched this season. Rotten.

I don't think the likes of Stirling Albion, Edinburgh City, Elgin etc would be intimidated playing against Dumbarton in the playoffs.

Hope the Sons can wrangle their out of finishing 9th but something has to change.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

That was a hard watch but we did look the better footballing team. How much that is down to how poor Dumbarton became in the 2nd half will be debated by many. One decent attack and a good goal  and Connell might have had a 2nd.  Turner shows how experienced and skilful he is  while the general work rate was very good from almost all. That corner flag stuff is something I have never liked but it did the job of eating up time, and keeping them pinned back. The daft situation around the Red Card happened so fast and it was the one time tonight that a good fair commentary team maybe lost it a wee   bit.  Dumbarton look unlikely to score and  it makes me wonder whether Falkirk are no great shakes. That will come back to haunt me next week no doubt. Three points in our current state was a great relief. and Clyde got beaten.   

Didn’t watch tonight but seems again. Another team of similar standard get a result out of us. Performance doesn’t matter all about result now. 
saw previous comment about Wilson and I agree he is part of the gang . There is a reason he’s at Dumbarton. 
let’s forget about Saturday and look at getting results next week. At least Clyde lost so we are still in it 

3 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I don't think the likes of Stirling Albion, Edinburgh City, Elgin etc would be intimidated playing against Dumbarton in the playoffs.

Hope the Sons can wangle their out of finishing 9th but something has to change.

We're heading for 10th.

I'm trying to think of the good things that happened in the match... The goal was well taken... The bit where Jamie Wilson jumped into Max Currie stood out, as did the red card at the end... Other than that, a really poor match between two really poor teams. Airdrieonians are as bad a side as their recent form suggests but they very fleetingly showed there's something about them and Kyle Turner sparkled a little bit.

Dumbarton, meanwhile, offered nothing. The lack of attacking quality is startling and Jamie Wilson and Robert Jones are so far out of their depth. Nothing sticks with them and the Diamonds were easily able to return the ball to the Dumbarton half. I've read the comments on Pie and Bovril across the campaign criticising Jim Duffy but after watching that: even I want him sacked!

At least the commentary team are good, fair play.

Edited by Francesc Fabregas

I'm surprised that anyone is surprised TBH. 

All these teams who are apparently not much better than ourselves keep beating us, funny that.  Airdrie were rank rotten tonight but they produced the only moments of quality in the entire 90 minutes; on that basis alone they deserved their win.  No point in being angry, but we've now had a series of 'mist win' home fixtures and flunked them all.  The reasons are there for those honest enough to see, but please don't try and tell us that our current predicament is down to the cramped schedule.  Or bad luck.  We're no' daft.

Anyway, that's midday Saturday freed up.

Wilson hasn't done anything to suggest he is above anyone else in the squad. He could well be a great goalscorer but we will never know and I don't see any reason to give him the benefit of the doubt considering the absolute guff that Duffy has signed.

18 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Nonsense red there. Airdrie indulging in a bit of gamesmanship. Forbes has a wee push to get the guy out the way and he falls over like he's been shot.

Red was a massive overreaction, particularly since the ref had his card out to book the Airdrie player who originally fouled Wedderburn. Ref needs to have a word with both players and then get one with it. Never a red in a million years.

Looked to me as if Forbes pushed him first, then kicked him. Idiotic.

1 minute ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I'm trying to think of the good things that happened in the match... The goal was well taken... The bit where Jamie Wilson jumped into Max Currie stood out, as did the red card at the end... Other than that, a really poor match between two really poor sides. Airdrieonians are as bad a side as their recent form suggests but they very fleetingly showed there's something about them and Kyle Turner sparkled a little bit.

Dumbarton, meanwhile, offered nothing. The lack of attacking quality is startling and Jamie Wilson and Robert Jones are so far out of their depth. Nothing sticks with them and the Diamonds were easily able to return the ball. I've read the comments across Pie and Bovril criticising Jim Duffy but after watching that: even I want him gone!

Terrible.

Can't fault your comments  and be glad you have only seen us tonight. It was fleeting but maybe it will gee us up. 

Thank f**k for that. It wasn't pretty, and I still don't fancy our run-in, but we needed a result tonight to stop the rot and we got one. I've slagged Thomson off constantly for his dreadful final ball but that was a cracking cross for the goal. And fair play to Ally Roy, that's two goals in two games now. I thought he was VERY lucky to get a new contract this season but hopefully he can go on a bit of a scoring run and prove his worth. He's only completed one 90 minutes but Turner is so clearly our best midfielder and the only one with a bit of quality about him. Hopefully Paton will be back next week to partner him in the midfield as that's probably the best midfield pairing we have. 

And more commendation to the commentators. Knowledgeable and well-researched (the Leon McCann playing in youth European competitions was very interesting, at least for me), balanced and made fair assessments of the game in play. I like our guys a lot too but you can't really ask for better than that. 

Edited by airdrieman

Wilson hasn't done anything to suggest he is above anyone else in the squad. He could well be a great goalscorer but we will never know and I don't see any reason to give him the benefit of the doubt considering the absolute guff that Duffy has signed.

In my opinion a striker is as good as the service he gets. Don’t know what people are expecting of him really. I wouldn’t say he played well tonight, but I don’t really understand how he can be effective if all we do is launch overhit poor balls forward in his general direction and the tactics are extremely negative. If we get decent support for him and balls into his feet and in front of him in and around the box, he will score, it’s happened on the very few occasions we have even dared to attempt to play some form of attacking football this season.

Duffy is lucky these games are behind closed doors because he’s properly entered booing off the park and calls for his head from the stands territory. That sort of thing can put pressure on a board to act but I reckon the lack of supporters voicing their disgust at him, his vile brand of football and the gang of stinking rejects he has assembled may well keep him in a job for longer.

Get him out and ban him from ever subjecting football supporters to Duffyball for the rest of eternity. His time is well and truly up.