Ayr v Queens

2 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Not a definite though. Morton win next week would see us on 31 points. And Arbroath would be on the same points if you drew the game. So it would come down to goal difference

Arbroath and Ayr are both on -6. Ayr draw and Arbroath defeat means we have a better goal difference.

Edited by RedEd

RELIEF! But I suppose considering the circumstances before the season started we've done okay. Well done to all involved. Not easy for the Board. To try and field a team, against teams with a much larger budget (apparently), is not easy. The Championship is not an easy league so my hope is that next year we can go a lot better. But as I said at the beginning relief that we do not depend on a good result next week.

3 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Not a definite though. Morton win next week would see us on 31 points. And Arbroath would be on the same points if you drew the game. So it would come down to goal difference

A draw for Ayr would leave them on 29pts with a GD of -6

Morton win - Arbroath 29pts GD -7 (at best)

Draw leaves Morton on 29 pts with GD of -11

Morton lose to Arbroath and they're a point behind Ayr.

7   Arbroath 26 -6 29
8   Ayr 26 -6 28

9   Morton 26 -11 28

A draw for Ayr would leave them on 29pts with a GD of -6
Morton win - Arbroath 29pts GD -7 (at best)
Draw leaves Morton on 29 pts with GD of -11
Morton lose to Arbroath and they're a point behind Ayr.
7   Arbroath 26 -6 29
8   Ayr 26 -6 28

9   Morton 26 -11 28
Yep, Ayr avoiding defeat in Inverness keeps us away from 9th regardless of what happens at Gayfield due to the impact on goal difference.

The lateness of the subs I couldn’t understand but that’s my only gripe after that. We just have no cutting edge, need to hope it hasn’t bitten us on the arse come 10 o’clock on Friday night.

Edited by eez-eh

You’d make more money, sticking it on Aero getting booked!

5/2 with McBookie, lump on, its a certainty [emoji106]

Big Aero, the gift that keeps on giving!

What has the big fella got against the Queens.

5/2, shoe in after 34 minutes [emoji12][emoji106]

8 minutes ago, North British said:

Aero will finish his career at Ayr , most lightly club captain ! Hopefully he can continue his hatred of all things blue and white next season in the Championship . 

God sake it f-ing likely not lightly🙃

Edited by ryanayr1987
Poor grammar gets a riddy

Well we got the effort we asked for although still a real lack of quality on display which was to be expected given we’re 8th. Also got a lucky break with Alloa holding Morton to a draw which means we go into next Friday knowing exactly what we need to do.

A better performance by us but as usual absolute rotten with our finishing. Nice to see a bit of fight though

Speaking of fights I'm an acquaintance of one of the guys at the fence today and Wullie Gibson at full time was offering them square go's at his car. Dobbie also shouting over about us maybe going into League 1. Sad that QOS players cared more about what those guys said today than our own players did 

A better performance by us but as usual absolute rotten with our finishing. Nice to see a bit of fight though
Speaking of fights I'm an acquaintance of one of the guys at the fence today and Wullie Gibson at full time was offering them square go's at his car. Dobbie also shouting over about us maybe going into League 1. Sad that QOS players cared more about what those guys said today than our own players did 

Sad that QOS players are so easily wound up by a group of wee guys.

6 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I am sure there are two sides to every story, but at the end of the day who cares?  

If you dish out some verbals, you  expect to get some back. Probably all over in a minute or so, and everyone went on their way without much fuss.

Edited by qos_75

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Sad that QOS players are so easily wound up by a group of wee guys.

A quick “Aye, yer maw” would have probably swiftly ended matters.

Joking aside, it seems an instantly forgettable an encounter, much like the match was. 

I am sure there are two sides to every story, but at the end of the day who cares?  
If you dish out some verbals, you  expect to get some back. Probably all over in a minute or so, and everyone went on their way without much fuss.
This. There's nothing more tragic than fans getting upset when players give them a bit of it back. I know Gibson has a history but I'd put my house on it being them giving it back rather than instigating it.