Fight for 2nd Place - Dundee vs Raith - 24th April.

We never got out of second gear and utterly strolled it. The worry is that Raith fans seem to believe that some of their game changing players were missing and they could now face us with some sort of sense of 'injustice' over the result of this game if McGlynn decides to go down that route. Two teams that could easily beat each other, but was surprised at just how off it Raith were today.

We allowed them back into the game with 10-15 minutes to go, but that seems to be our thing this season. McPake tries to close up shop, and we just don't have the ability to do that. We're much better as a 'attack is the best form of defence' type team. As soon as McPake wants us to go 'solid' we start to shite the bed a bit.

We're going into these play-offs on a fairly sizeable unbeaten run and hopefully we don't let that slip against a QoS team with nothing to play for on Friday because momentum will be everything in the play-offs IMO. 

We've got half a chance if we finish 2nd IMO.

5 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

Piss off you utter twat! Dundee won't be going anywhere unless there's an administration in the equation.

It’s taken a fair amount of utter shite posts but Mr. Alli has finally got his bite for the day. Fair play to him, persistence really does pay off.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Tin hat on, but Collum is actually starting to deserve his hype as the 'best ref in Scotland'. Still a terrible referee, but he's cut out the 'must make it all about me' tendencies and generally lets the game flow more than the likes of the utter shite we had midweek in Roncone and the embarrassing Steven McLean.

Called it.

Sensational performance by a top quality referee IMO.

Might be biased or sour but I'm not convinced Dundee were better than us today. Both teams were equally poor but the difference was that Dundee got the couple of slices of luck they needed and were able to shit fest the rest of the game. We got lucky against Alloa last week so I guess it evened out? Still had a fantastic season peppered with some real horrid games, today was one of them. I'm still confident we'll match Dundee's result next week and pip them to 2nd. I don't think either team is getting promoted though. 

raith knocked the ball about well without causing us any real issues...we did our usual and let a team score with a few mins to go just to keep the fans interested...also think we got a bit of luck with the penalty raith didnt get...boy didnt look offside to me ....ach well maybe we were due a wee bit of luck.

It seems writing down just how shite Raith (and Dundee) both are really gets to Raith fans. I've no idea why but for some unbeknown reason they were getting exceptionally over excited about potentially finishing second in this shit league. Not getting promoted, no. Finishing second so they get to play another four games before not getting promoted. 

Some bunch. 

Just now, Mr. Alli said:

It seems writing down just how shite Raith (and Dundee) both are really gets to Raith fans. I've no idea why but for some unbeknown reason they were getting exceptionally over excited about potentially finishing second in this shit league. Not getting promoted, no. Finishing second so they get to play another four games before not getting promoted. 

Some bunch. 

Have you not read their thread? They're a good bunch, but they weren't far off comparing this season as one of their best ever. Some even compared it to Jimmy Nicholl's Bayern facing side (although the reasonable amongst them did say that this current side were second to that Raith team).

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Have you not read their thread? They're a good bunch, but they weren't far off comparing this season as one of their best ever. 

:lol:

Fucking hell. Will need to read that tomorrow. Tonight I head to Falkirk.

Well that was rubbish. Hopeless hoofball for the most part which Dundee handled easily and just in general poor play going forward. Based on that game both teams will be playing in the Championship next season. 

If you wanted to look on the bright side, we weren't exactly pasted and I think the penalty that went against us was very soft. However, we were stinking going forward and never looked like scoring twice. How Ugwu lasted as long as he did I've no idea - slow, static and presumably the hoofball tactics were intended to make use of him. It failed and he should've been off at half time, frankly. 

The use of subs was weird. Vaughan should've replaced Ugwu and when Ugwu did make way, Adam King was not the one we needed - should've been Duku or Armstrong. 

It's been a while since I've watched a game and been fuming at a referee, but there it is. How on earth was our penalty claim offside? If he'd adjudged it a dive I'd have seen where he was coming from, but I'm struggling to see where they pulled offside from. The red card looked a yellow at worst, but again there aren't multi-angled replays. We also got a corner awarded by Collum, which was either a free kick for a foul on Macdonald or a goal kick to Dundee. 

A bad day at the office which now leaves us needing a win against Hearts as Dundee have QoS, for whom the game is a dead rubber. If suck up Gardiner can't get them take it easy, they certainly won't do it for us. 

6 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Some bunch. 

They are having their best season for years and we are having one of our worst. They think they are Brazil for some strange reason. Fucking muppets.