The Famous Aberdeen - European Tour 2021/22

tarapoa

Pitch looks better than Killie's. Paid for by the Iceland FA, no doubt... as dozens of pitches are. 

Sort of the GAA Ireland argument, where county teams who win feck all have cryogenic chambers, indoor training centres & 20,000 stadiums, while clubs in a "village" that's a crossroads with a church, a pub and a phone box have covered stands and weight rooms... coz they don't spunk money on ovepaying greedy, useless players... but that's for another thread.

Edited by FortescueFotheringhamSmyth
typo

12 hours ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Stjarnan are awful and they created many clear chances against this mob.

Heed first

I remember Stjarnan put Motherwell out a few years ago - in fact it was the night we won in Groningen, as we all laughed following a summer of Motherwell lording it over pipping us for 2nd, and going straight in at Europa Q2.

It backfired on them somewhat, given our reward ended up being three home European matches attended by a cumulative 50K and including trips to Netherlands and San Sebastian.

Edited by tarapoa

I hadn't bothered looking at the ticket information for this one as I knew due to work and parenting commitments I'd never be able to attend but those ticket prices have really made my eyes water.

If we're charging that for qualifying ties against teams from Iceland I wonder if that's the high water mark for ticket prices for the group stages should we make it that far or if they'll be even higher as there is the possibility of glamour ties against teams from Italy, England, Spain or Germany.

I understand the club wanting to make up lost revenue, reward season ticket holders etc but £30/32/34 for a tie against a part-time Icelandic team is a disgrace. Even the ST prices aren’t great. We’ve been granted full capacity but we’re not even going to reach it because people are being priced out.

Worth mentioning that St Johnstone are letting ST holders in for free against Galatasaray. Celtic are charging £19 and getting flak for it.

38 minutes ago, coprolite said:

That’s a fair chunk of income at £30 for most tickets. Doubt we'd get 16,500 at £20. Looks like a good call on pricing  if maximising revenue is all that matters. (Big "if") 

Can't agree with you here.

Thought the pricing would be the difference between getting 12/13K and maybe 16/17K..............and that looks like proving to be the case.

£18 STH / £22 non-STH would have been more realistic for this if getting max bums on seats was the priority.

21 hours ago, big al said:

£30 is pricing you out of attending a game of football?

On 08/08/2021 at 22:42, Bogbrush1903 said:

I will pay £30 this time but I hope the stadium doesn't sell out, all that will encourage is an escalation in prices both for the 'walk up' supporters and eventually for the season ticket holders.

No, it isn't me out (see above)...

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

Looks like a good call on pricing  if maximising revenue is all that matters. (Big "if") 

You must be tongue-in-cheek with the "good call" as you also seem to be suggesting that maximising revenue isn't all that matters and of course it isn't. You should always keep your customers (especially in football where they aren't just customers but supporters) onside.

In my view, I'm afraid, the pricing for this match and the Hacken match previously are ill-judged and my concerns are not in the present (well, actually they are) so much as if it's testing the water for future increases.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

58 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

You should always keep your customers (especially in football where they aren't just customers but supporters) onside.

Not difficult when one is a dealer and one's "customers" are junkies... which, as everybody knows - including chairmen & treasurers - is basically the relationship clubs have with fans...

....and not just in Leith🥄🔥💉🤪