BERWICK RANGERS 2021/22

Pugsley

• 2 weeks later...

Another 2 points dropped last night at Shielfield. Came back from 0-2 on Saturday to draw 2-2 (albeit ultimately against 9 men and we missed a penalty). Last night, 2 up with less than half an hour to go, but drew 2-2 again. Best team both times and should have won both.

Same old same old at Berwick. Decent team, but miss stacks of chances, then get all fragile and anonymous when we need some guts and fight.  Been like this since relegation. 

Very bad couple of results.

Dalbeattie loss today: self-explanatory as Star had 1pt from 13 games and winless since March.

Stirling Uni draw on Tuesday: what went largely unappreciated is the students had to fulfil a game v Durham the following afternoon (won 4-0 btw), and so rotated 7 players for Shielfield visit, with several 'freshers' from U20s also featuring:

Aslanoglu rescues point for Uni with late debut goal | University of Stirling Football Club

Stirling University fought back from two goals down on Tuesday night as Isa Aslangolu sealed a late comeback with a goal on his debut. The Uni travelled to Berwick with their BUCS Premier North campaign set to kick off the following afternoon. Uni boss Chris Geddes, therefore, made seven changes to the starting 11 from Saturday’s win.

Geddes said: “Two under-20 players started, and then we finished the game with four on the park. Not many teams in the Lowland League do that away to Berwick, so to dominate the last 35 minutes was a credit to the boys.

“All day we’ve been thinking about tomorrow. Cammy (McKinley) was actually coming off, and then he scored, so we had to sacrifice Ben (Woloszyn) in the middle, who was playing really well on his first Lowland League start. Then Isa (Aslanoglu) got his first senior goal, we had the under-20s captain and vice-captain out there, so I’m really happy for those boys. They’re all part of the first team squad, so they’re all needed, but credit to all the boys who came in tonight. Tomas Gilmour at right-back, on his first start for the club, was excellent, Mirzasalimov played well, and Euan McGill – the captain tonight – was excellent.

“We had three of our back four from the under-20s start the game with Finlay (Bainbridge) at left-back, so I’m really proud of the boys, and it was a deserved point.”

As Morrissey sang; This joke isn’t funny anymore 

seriously, Malcolm has had the second biggest budget last season and finished what, twelfth? This season all be it against some big spenders we can’t even beat the students.  We are drifting and the players lack bottle, can’t finish a jigsaw and at times look unfit. Out of the cups to let’s face it, secondary opposition and more comings and goings than Waverley station. Forfar fans said that would happen. All this glass half full nonsense boil’s ma pish. Times up.

8 minutes ago, sammyreidloyal said:

seriously, Malcolm has had the second biggest budget last season and finished what, twelfth? This season all be it against some big spenders we can’t even beat the students.  We are drifting and the players lack bottle, can’t finish a jigsaw and at times look unfit. Out of the cups to let’s face it, secondary opposition and more comings and goings than Waverley station. Forfar fans said that would happen. All this glass half full nonsense boil’s ma pish. Times up.

Malcolm behaved like a complete arsehole at your match against Linlithgow.

A good start would be emptying that arrogant helmet.

40 minutes ago, sammyreidloyal said:

What he said. 

Some terrible results, including today of course. Brings in Griff Sabatini to fill an obvious hole in midfield, and Cammy Graham to see if he knows where the net is, and leaves them both on the bench today, but plays Baker, Allan and Harris who have proved time and again that most of the time, they can't really be arsed. 

Malcolm's  interviews are passionless (or non-existent) and he couldn't motivate me to suppress a fart in a lift. 

He has to go. And if he had any pride, after losing to Stoneyburn, Linlithgow and Dalbeattie Star, he'd resign. 

He's made me feel embarrassed to support Berwick Rangers. 

Edited by Redcar

Nearly a week since a terrible result at Dalbeattie, then the Vice Chair resigns sniping at the Supporters Club (main shareholders) in his wake, and several fans call for the managers head. 

No communications from the club at all since that defeat. 

Diddy cup match at Spartans tomorrow suddenly becomes a big game. There absolutely has to be a positive reaction after last week. I hope there is - I'll happily swallow some humble pie. 

2 hours ago, Redcar said:

Nearly a week since a terrible result at Dalbeattie, then the Vice Chair resigns sniping at the Supporters Club (main shareholders) in his wake, and several fans call for the managers head. 

No communications from the club at all since that defeat. 

Diddy cup match at Spartans tomorrow suddenly becomes a big game. There absolutely has to be a positive reaction after last week. I hope there is - I'll happily swallow some humble pie. 

As a further to the above, I have tried several times on Border embroiderers, still showing pre order on the shirts, As I understand it these were out quite a while ago.

Also aside from clothing etc, there seems to be no outlet for car stickers, and other odd bits with Berwick on. 

THIS IS REVENUE FOR THE CLUB, surely if we can't sort this out what chance is there get stuff on the pitch sorted.

Sad to say the shenanigans on the pitch seems to be the same every year, but Christmas no wins, sniping and moaning and general despair, Some where around the end of February theres a break in the clouds but its too little to late.

There needs to be some serious arse kicking soon

I think Antell, Ferguson, Anderson, Nelson, Pyper, Travis, Sinclair, Stevenson, Sabatini, Barr, and Buchanan are good enough to be in a team at the very top of this league. 

Unfortunately, they keep playing like they have just met each other.

Well I'd hope that Malcolm would now do the decent thing and step down, (sadly we know thats not going to happen)

Would the board now step in and say enough is enough and offer the ultimatium (sadly we know they dont have the Cajonas for that)

East of Scotland next year !!! Come get your 3 points here

Well, the highlights show a team low on quality, low on confidence and the gaping divide between an organised drilled side and a team running on no direction. What Baker and Sabatini are doing is anyones guess. The second half looks like a training  game for Spartans. Piss poor effort. If there was any.
I can see us losing to the Rangers B lot heavily, Hearts all over again. However the week later is the game that will define this season. If we carry on in this vein the resurgent Beasts will turn us over at an empty home stadium. And that, would just sum up Malcolm’s tenure.

3 hours ago, sammyreidloyal said:

Well, the highlights show a team low on quality, low on confidence and the gaping divide between an organised drilled side and a team running on no direction. What Baker and Sabatini are doing is anyones guess. The second half looks like a training  game for Spartans. Piss poor effort. If there was any.
I can see us losing to the Rangers B lot heavily, Hearts all over again. However the week later is the game that will define this season. If we carry on in this vein the resurgent Beasts will turn us over at an empty home stadium. And that, would just sum up Malcolm’s tenure.

And here they are. Some really awful stuff amongst this from players who don't seem to give too much of a toss 

On 14/10/2022 at 20:28, berwicksfinest said:

As a further to the above, I have tried several times on Border embroiderers, still showing pre order on the shirts, As I understand it these were out quite a while ago.

Also aside from clothing etc, there seems to be no outlet for car stickers, and other odd bits with Berwick on. 

THIS IS REVENUE FOR THE CLUB, surely if we can't sort this out what chance is there get stuff on the pitch sorted.

Sad to say the shenanigans on the pitch seems to be the same every year, but Christmas no wins, sniping and moaning and general despair, Some where around the end of February theres a break in the clouds but its too little to late.

There needs to be some serious arse kicking soon

So what's fans thoughts on the Current boardroom position.

Is that two years they have been in place now. Certainly, on the pitch the club doesn't appear to have made any real progress during their reign. If anything this season, things look to be going backwards not forwards. Some poor exits from the cups at the hands of opposition from lower divisions and another season of league mediocrity. 

Are things looking any better off the park?