Dundee FC vs Kilmarnock FC & Kilmarnock FC vs Dundee FC

Just now, RossDee01 said:

To be fair, watching that goal back again it has f**k all to do with tactics. Fair enough, it maybe wasn’t the best sub but the goal was lucky as f**k and 9/10 is blocked and cleared.

Perhaps, but does that happen with that little bit more protection down the right?

I don't think Killie will be as bad at home.

They will be more comfortable and more movement off the ball and a higher work rate. I don't think for example Chris Burke will be repeat his first half performance of standing on the touch line with his thumb up his arse.

Dundee might get more chances on the break and more opportunity to exploit space in behind killie's back 4 since i don't think they will sit so deep.

It is nicely in the balance.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Perhaps, but does that happen with that little bit more protection down the right?

Probably, because Mullen is actually in a  good position, if anything it’s Kerr that’s scrambling to get back.

Just now, RossDee01 said:

You are utterly obsessed with James McPake aren’t you?

It's just blatant nonsense that he's talking. I really like RandomGuy, but ever since he's got a hold of that daft website that has statistics on it, he now appears to think he knows everything when he barely watches the teams.

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

Probably, because Mullen is actually in a  good position, if anything it’s Kerr that’s scrambling to get back.

I disagree. I think our whole shape is different because of that sub.

I must admit I fully expected Killie to be a lot better than that. They played like an average Championship team tonight and I don’t see much improvement in them. It’s not as if things were just not coming off for them, it was constant aimless long balls up to Lafferty which is meat and drink for guys like Ashcroft and Fontaine. Not to mention the immobility of that midfield is a dream for McGhee and Byrne.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

I disagree. I think our whole shape is different because of that sub.

Yeah, like I said it wasn’t a good sub. However I think it had no bearing on the goal as it was actually defended well and was lucky as f**k that it fell right back to him. 

2 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

When was this? We beat them 2-0 at FP but they scudded us 4-1 in Ayrshire last time.

Ah right, had them backwards. Motherwell have been up and down week-by-week though tbf.

In that case I don't remember the last time I saw Killie at RP.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Killie might pump us on Monday, but we made them look very, very poor tonight. I still think Kilmarnock are favourites for Monday but as long as we don't get pumped rotten, we can hold our heads high IMO.

If we make Killie look as poor as they did tonight, then we absolutely deserve top flight football. This was a team on fairly decent form in the top flight in the build up to this and we're talking about if their 1 goal in a 2-1 defeat was a fluke or not.

Fair fucks. I'm terrified of Killie's boost from a crowd on Monday and I've bemoaned our manager for not having us in a better position, but man for man, we were fucking good tonight and no-one can take that away from us.

Onto Monday where we'll need at least similar if not better.

Dundee absolutely need to approach the next game like they approached most of tonight's. Those balls dropping just in behind the defence were causing no end of bother; the chasing and harrying was causing Killie trouble and they were seriously rattled for most that game.

If they go to Rugby Park trying to protect a lead, though, I'd fear for them. Killie's (only?) strength is whipped balls into the box - give them time and space to do that and it'll be a long evening.

Edited by Coventry Saint

Guest Flash

Don’t really appreciate pundits and presenters who are lucky to be at games, and getting paid, moaning about the cold.

12 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Tommy Wright, you clearly don't even believe your own bullshit in the post match interview. Good effort though, fooling no one however.

You're own fans know you're already fucked and are going down.

We will also win at Rugby Park on Monday evening, that is the reality I'm afraid.

Thank you and goodnight.

What did he say?

Dundee absolutely need to approach the next game like they approached most of tonight's. Those balls dropping just in behind the defence were causing no end of bother; the chasing and harrying was causing Killie trouble and they were seriously rattled for most that game.
If they go to Rugby Park trying to protect a lead, though, I'd fear for them. Killie's (only?) strength is whipped balls into the box - give them time and space to do that and it'll be a long evening.
This.

Our best way of defending the lead is to attack them - exploit the complete lack of pace in their back 4.