Queen’s Park 21/22

1 hour ago, bobthespider said:

Surely that can’t be it ?

Think we can sign domestic loans until February 28th, but the reality is that we needed to act weeks ago to kickstart the season. I had naively made the assumption that there must have been a plan in place when Ellis left. Meekly letting the season slip away from us.

If we lose on Saturday, we can forget 4th. We’re already on our arse and there’s no way we’re finding momentum from nowhere if we take a blow like that. Some of these guys need to decide if they want to be full-time footballers or not. Last chance saloon for a good number of them on that front.

Well if that’s what we’ve waited an entire month for in the recruitment aspect then that’s absolutely nonsense. An unproven young striker to save the season is wild. The fact the official website actually say he’s an attacking midfielder is even more concerning as that suggests he’s not even a natural striker. I hope he’s great and makes a difference but I’d be lying if I said that I’m buzzing going into the rest of the season. Was hoping a few extra bodies would rejuvenate the squad and the general mood around the club 

The Blackburn Rovers website lists him in their U23s as a striker.

Ive been following the spiders since 1957/8 and when they have been promoted we havent managed to stay up for more than 2seasons,because the majority of the players who gained promotion departed for other clubs, hence no consolidation.The players  that came in last year are still there,and hopefully we should avoid the relegation playoff,i remember reading at the start of the season consolidation was the initial aim, as others have said come the end of the season we will have to look at the players we have especially those with ongoing injury problems,

Kinda feels like going to a firework display and there’s just a guy waving two sparklers.

All eyes on a new coach now. I fear if this keeps drifting the complacency amongst some of the playing group will deteriorate further. Gillespie and Connell seem to be in a contest to see who can waste the most passes and lose possession. Murray’s done for the season, or maybe a comeback just in time for scouts at the end of the season. Grant will struggle like Kilday has if he ever plays again.  It’s probably a good thing longer term if Dempster and Beuker toughen up the contract terms but right now, not looking good for Saturday/February/rest of season (delete as applicable).

13 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

Two goals in 35 appearances and a manager who says he is not ready to play week in week out. Sounds perfect.

How many fecking "attacking midfielders" do we need? Perhaps an entire team of them? Priorities should have been a striker who can score and a midfield bruiser. Recruitment obviously needs overhauled and I'm sure Marijn now realises that. It's like a miniature version of Hearts a couple of seasons ago when Craig Levein wasted a fortune on a tsunami of terrible signings.

An attacking midfielder could quite literally be the last position we need reinforcements in but maybe Beuker’s thinking is longer term and that the plan might be to sign these guys permanently in the summer if they impress and are out of contact ?

Edited by qpfc

7 minutes ago, Spidersmad said:

How many fecking "attacking midfielders" do we need? Perhaps an entire team of them? Priorities should have been a striker who can score and a midfield bruiser. Recruitment obviously needs overhauled and I'm sure Marijn now realises that. It's like a miniature version of Hearts a couple of seasons ago when Craig Levein wasted a fortune on a tsunami of terrible signings.

According to this, from a week ago, Bolton seem keen to have him back and this is another test for him. L1 in England is probably upper Championship in Scotland. tbh, the performance of our alleged attacking midfield has been awful since we beat Falkirk so a shake-up now might let some of them think harder about what they do for QP. 

Our only measurement of success now is position 4 in the league. The Roy Race position seems hard to fill but we should have had a lot more goals, and wins, from midfield and it’s just not happening with what we have. Aside of Longridge, the rest have underachieved. Something has to give.

Get a new head coach to work the squad and release Beuker to look for next year’s team.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/19870864.bolton-wanderers-boss-ian-evatt-reveals-delight-ronan-darcy-transformation/

18 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

According to this, from a week ago, Bolton seem keen to have him back and this is another test for him. L1 in England is probably upper Championship in Scotland. tbh, the performance of our alleged attacking midfield has been awful since we beat Falkirk so a shake-up now might let some of them think harder about what they do for QP. 

Our only measurement of success now is position 4 in the league. The Roy Race position seems hard to fill but we should have had a lot more goals, and wins, from midfield and it’s just not happening with what we have. Aside of Longridge, the rest have underachieved. Something has to give.

Get a new head coach to work the squad and release Beuker to look for next year’s team.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/19870864.bolton-wanderers-boss-ian-evatt-reveals-delight-ronan-darcy-transformation/

Agree but if head coach is not happening until March? we are left to drift for another month.

33 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I suspect that we are heading  for 6th place. Getting to the play offs would be great but I'm not sure if I'd like us to win them.

Summer is a rip up and start again job by the looks of it. Keepers, Doyle, Fox, Brown, Longridge and Quitongo, if he shows something between now and the end of the season, are the only ones I’d keep. There are others who can play their way into that, but they’re going to have to be putting in near MOTM performances every week to convince anyone. Clear that the kids in the 18s aren’t ready or they’d be in.

10 minutes ago, an86 said:

Summer is a rip up and start again job by the looks of it. Keepers, Doyle, Fox, Brown, Longridge and Quitongo, if he shows something between now and the end of the season, are the only ones I’d keep. There are others who can play their way into that, but they’re going to have to be putting in near MOTM performances every week to convince anyone. Clear that the kids in the 18s aren’t ready or they’d be in.

Add Thompson aswell cause he’s signed for 18 months. If I’m not wrong I read a few months back that Lewis Moore was signed on a 2 year contract which is incredible. Regarding Doyle, I don’t doubt he’s a great character around the club and in the dressing room. There’s no doubt he’s a fairly solid option at this level also but I’d be looking to move him on. His distribution and final ball has been extremely frustrating for a long time and I don’t see him fitting with the style of football that Beuker is looking to implement

Edited by qpfc

12 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Add Thompson aswell cause he’s signed for 18 months. If I’m not wrong I read a few months back that Lewis Moore was signed on a 2 year contract which is incredible. Regarding Doyle, I don’t doubt he’s a great character around the club and in the dressing room. There’s no doubt he’s a fairly solid option at this level also but I’d be looking to move him on. His distribution and final ball has been extremely frustrating for a long time and I don’t see him fitting with the style of football that Beuker is looking to implement

We’re going to need experience and character peppered among a squad of probable youngsters. Doyle will provide that. He’s not Cafu, and not in the form that we know he can be, but his attitude is first class and I’m not sure that can be said of every one of the rest of them.

Thomson will be here, aye. Forgot about that. Moore might have a two year deal, but there’s no conceivable way in which he can be involved next season unless he finds a spark very, very soon.