Queen’s Park 21/22

12 minutes ago, CM. said:

McBride is only a Blackburn u23 player so doubt that one's costing QP an arm and a leg tbh.

Plus he’s a local lad not as if he’ll be put up in digs by the club when his family are here. 

8 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Really hope Dylan does really well for your team.

He has spent some time training with Benfica and other clubs like Bayern Munich have been watching his progress.

Time will tell whether he can continue to improve and take his game to a higher level, as the football world is littered with promising youngsters who fail to make the grade. 

Good luck. Keep us updated with his progress.

I came here to say this, too. I think you've won a watch with Dylan. :) 

22 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

I'd like to see us go two up top (4-1-3-2 instead of our usual 4-2-3-1).

The formation of choice is a 4-3-3. 

And not buying into this doom and gloom. There is an effort to do things slightly differently - and it will be a bit of a hit and miss at times with some youngsters. However, they provide something different - something unexpected on the field of pay, rather than the tried and tested journeyman signing.   

I believe that this season is far from over - Championship here we come (via 4th place Play-off slot)  

Griffiths looked like he'd rather be anywhere else than a football pitch when we played Dundee the other week. A shame given the player he was in his prime, but I don't think I'd be throwing silly money at him if I were you guys. A change of scenery and being taken out the limelight might be what he needs...But I'm not sure it's worth the gamble.

A fit, sharp baggage free, arsed Leigh Griffiths wouldn’t even be entertaining the prospect of QP. Does he even exist in 2022? 

Now, I’ve stood and cheered the guy on for Scotland after he’s acted like a w**k, so I can’t sit and pretend not to be a hypocrite, but I’m thinking more of how it squares with what the club wants to be and how we would address the inevitable questions. 

”Rudi Skacel is a fucking refugee” chanting.

“Go back to your own country ya clown” to someone from Livingston.

Extremely questionable behaviour last summer. It doesn’t have to have been criminal to be extremely questionable. That’s before we even start with him being a terrible professional.

Think it’d be a mistake to be seduced by shiny big names. For me, the guy is very probably on the Riordan trajectory. The baggage doesn’t even come with guaranteed success. It would be a gamble and one the club should be thinking about very carefully for a number of reasons.

Edited by an86

While Griffiths has obviously struggled for Dundee this season, there's a massive difference between playing for a bottom of the table premier league club who create very little going forward, and dropping down to a League One side who often control games but simply fail to take their chances.

I doubt he'd be particularly cheap, and there's obviously baggage that comes with him, but I'd be shocked if he wasn't more than capable of scoring plenty at this level. 

If we ended up with Griffiths, it’s either going to be a masterstroke or an utter horrific signing, no in between. It’s been said for years now that a fit Leigh Griffiths will score goals anywhere but it’s quite clear now that he’s at a stage where there’s a genuine chance that he won’t be a full time footballer within a year or 2 from now, which follows the Riordan trajectory 

He’s not going to be cheap and there’s obviously baggage that comes with this but if (and that’s an extremely big if) he screwed his head and stayed out the limelight for 6 months then he should be more than capable of banging in the goals at this level as his ability is undeniable 

3 hours ago, CathcartSkins said:

The formation of choice is a 4-3-3. 

And not buying into this doom and gloom. There is an effort to do things slightly differently - and it will be a bit of a hit and miss at times with some youngsters. However, they provide something different - something unexpected on the field of pay, rather than the tried and tested journeyman signing.   

I believe that this season is far from over - Championship here we come (via 4th place Play-off slot)  

We do not set up in a 4-3-3. Look out for the formation when an opposing goal kick is taken. Probably your best still moment to see our formation. Gillespie and Luca sitting. The line of three in front then Bob pushed up further. It's 4-2-3-1.

Regardless, it doesn't work effectively anyway. 

Edited by QPSpider1867

3 hours ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Thought you guys turned professional?

Why would you want to sign a player who clearly isn’t interested in being a professional 

1 minute ago, Clown Job said:

Why would you want to sign a player who clearly isn’t interested in being a professional 

I'd just like to put it on record that the Daily Record isn't the approved outlet for Queen's Park's transfer deals. Although anything's possible at our club these days. More likely they're framing a "Hoops" story. Can't see it myself. So it'll probably happen. Or not.

But as our strike force collectively can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo, he's well worth the risk. The kids we just brought in need to learn from someone.

27 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

We do not set up in a 4-3-3. Look out for the formation when an opposing goal kick is taken. Probably your best still moment to see our formation. Gillespie and Luca sitting. The line of three in front then Bob pushed up further. It's 4-2-3-1.

Regardless, it doesn't work effectively anyway. 

And therein lies the rationale behind a 4-3-3 formation - its flexibility to adapt to a particular passage of play. Am sure if you took a still of, say a corner, the players would not be lined up in an easily identifiable 4-3-3 formation.  

9 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Desperation? Naivity?

2 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

But as our strike force collectively can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo, he's well worth the risk. The kids we just brought in need to learn from someone.

I wonder what Marijn would make of it? I'm dreading to think what the kids might learn from the bold Leigh.