Queen’s Park 21/22

5 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

He's more than good enough for League One, we were all singing his name for the first couple of months of the season when he was at his best. It's also a bit disingenuous to claim that Muir "has not shaped up" in League One in the past. He was fantastic for us in League One season 2016/17 when he returned from East Fife. He was only at Methil for a month or so and his reasons for leaving were nothing to do with his performances on the park. Unfortunately the following season he conceded a couple of dodgy goals and fell out with Gus, meaning we had that doughball Michael White in goals for the rest of the season. Pretty sure we would have had a decent chance of avoiding relegation if we'd stuck with Muir.

Ferrie has taken his chance superbly and if he keeps performing like this then he'll be our number one for a long time. His kicking and all round distribution also seems to have improved. I can't see Muir wanting to leave full time football though unless he has a job lined up. No idea when his contract is up. The club might decide Heraghty is good enough back up. He did well at Airdrie but I'd rather have an experienced back up tbh. I suppose there will be a lot of things up in the air once the new manager is appointed.     

Three goalies training last week...

Team Goalie at QP

Re the merits of playing at Airdrie or Firhill,  the park at the latter may be "challenging" but no one I talked to wanted to go back to Airdrie. We ran free buses and still couldn't get a decent crowd there. The crowds at Firhill have been relatively encouraging. 

Have a look at The Big March Revisited on ITV4 to see real men play on mudbaths and ploughed fields that make Firhill look like a bowling green.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

46 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Re the merits of playing at Airdrie or Firhill,  the park at the latter may be "challenging" but no one I talked to wanted to go back to Airdrie. We ran free buses and still couldn't get a decent crowd there. The crowds at Firhill have been relatively encouraging. 

Have a look at The Big March Revisited on ITV4 to see real men play on mudbaths and ploughed fields that make Firhill look like a bowling green.

Unfortunately the men of today, real or otherwise, don’t get the chance to emulate Ron Harris or Bobby Charlton. If the ref says it’s off, it’s off. 

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

I'm gutted for both of us that you didn't talk to me.

4 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

It's such a shame that there isn't a ground near Lesser Hampden that isn't used most weeks that we could use.

1 hour ago, Arachnophile said:

It's such a shame that there isn't a ground near Lesser Hampden that isn't used most weeks that we could use.

Aye, why couldn't you continue using Hampden? That would be the obvious choice, seeing as you have played there for the last 100+ years...

15 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Re the merits of playing at Airdrie or Firhill,  the park at the latter may be "challenging" but no one I talked to wanted to go back to Airdrie. 

Only one or two posting on here have mentioned Airdrie. The majority have mentioned Hamilton as an option as it's far easier to access by public transport. So not sure why you've focused on Airdrie apart from some sado-masochistic desire to bring back awful memories 

I’d be up for New Douglas Park as a fan, I’m sure Accies would be from a financial perspective.

Cue debates on artificial turf… I can’t stand playing on it but it’s all about the boys adapting to it and whether or not it suits the game they play when the time comes imo.

On 09/02/2022 at 07:50, j217 said:

I’d be up for New Douglas Park as a fan, I’m sure Accies would be from a financial perspective.

Cue debates on artificial turf… I can’t stand playing on it but it’s all about the boys adapting to it and whether or not it suits the game they play when the time comes imo.

Been told we're looking at putting in a hybrid surface at Lesser.

On 25/01/2022 at 17:59, qpfc said:

I really liked him last season. Had to bide his time to get into the team 1st half of last season but once he broke in, he looked considerably better than our current left back in Robson. Good going forward and intelligent on the ball but he’s also very solid defensively. Naturally I thought he’d be returning to qp this season given our ambitions but for some reason we didn’t go for it. 

Even going into this month and reading that several league 1 sides were after Paterson, I thought QP would be almost certain to be interested considering how underwhelming Robson has been this season. With the manager situation looking pretty bleak, we’ve really fell behind with the recruitment. Great signing for airdrie   

Better than Robson?! Surely you’re joking. The lad doesn’t get enough credit for my liking. He’s a quick left back that creates so many chances down the wing. There’s a reason he’s played 90 minutes of every game this season. 
I liked Patterson but I certainly don’t think he was better than Robson 

1 hour ago, OMalley58 said:

Better than Robson?! Surely you’re joking. The lad doesn’t get enough credit for my liking. He’s a quick left back that creates so many chances down the wing. There’s a reason he’s played 90 minutes of every game this season. 
I liked Patterson but I certainly don’t think he was better than Robson 

I thought Paterson was just a better player overall. Robson is better going forward but there’s no denying this season, particularly under Ellis that he’s been found wanting in defensive areas. 

He’s been much improved under Beuker and certainly seems to have found an extra spark in recent weeks. Final ball can be questionable but he’s getting in the dangerous areas multiple times a game now. Here’s hoping he continues this form 

On 10/02/2022 at 12:22, Mick1867 said:

Been told we're looking at putting in a hybrid surface at Lesser.

I think that is he same surface that is used at Parkhead and Tynecastle..

Surprise surprise it costs a fortune......   Just another day of fuelling Haugheys ego trip....

18 hours ago, Passionate said:

I think that is he same surface that is used at Parkhead and Tynecastle..

Surprise surprise it costs a fortune......   Just another day of fuelling Haugheys ego trip....

Good grief, the ego of the man, having the temerity to invest in a decent playing surface that's fit for purpose, allows players to perform better, that lessens the fear of injury and supporters watch a better game.  

1 hour ago, CathcartSkins said:

Good grief, the ego of the man, having the temerity to invest in a decent playing surface that's fit for purpose, allows players to perform better, that lessens the fear of injury and supporters watch a better game.  

All of your points made are debatable........  Time will tell...

how are QP performing under Beuker, can you see any difference in style, improvements etc,   since Ellis was binned, I still think after playing you 5 times his season their is nothing between the teams...    Any rumours of the now soon(March allegedly) to be unveiled manager or could Beuker stay at the helm until he end of he season..

2 hours ago, CathcartSkins said:

Quite right. How dare he fund something to the benefit of the club.