Queen’s Park 21/22

12 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Pretty certain Livingston decided to follow that path a while back and now their holding their place on the Premiership.

Yep, we use stats based recruitment. I imagine a large part in the success of it though is Martindale's ability to tweak and tune it

On 16/02/2022 at 20:34, Anonymous Spider said:

Is that us up at 5/6 other SPFL teams that have bagged their manager and got someone new in the door since Ellis boarded the good ship do one..? 

This is a bit nuts, non? 

New managers for Alloa, St Mirren, Queen of the South, Aberden in the last week (have I missed anyone?). 

We've either got a super-awesome-secret-plan or.....

Just now, Anonymous Spider said:

New managers for Alloa, St Mirren, Queen of the South, Aberden in the last week (have I missed anyone?). 

A club with a bigger and less patient fanbase simply wouldn’t be getting away with this. Sack the manager, announce caretakers who never do any caretaking, stick the guy who was brought in to do a completely different job in to do the caretaking, with no explanation. 

It’s not acceptable for the club to drift along silently with no communication. Won’t be long before a few itchy hands reach for the pens for the EGM signatures if this continues for much longer.

5 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Pardon the potentially obvious here but I'm genuinely interested.

With QP, is there an element of the type of manager you want not being willing to drop down to L1? It seems to me quite a difficult sell at the moment with the team not really firing. I would have thought someone like Jack Ross would take the job as a 'project' on the proviso that the team would be in the championship next season.

Even just finding a full time manager of the desired quality must be difficult. You need someone that knows League 1, and most of those managers are older, part time guys.

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Even just finding a full time manager of the desired quality must be difficult. You need someone that knows League 1, and most of those managers are older, part time guys.

Don’t necessarily agree with this. We’re in a financial position where we don’t need to jump on merry-go-round of the same old names. They need to know how to coach, develop and motivate. A big old world out there and I’d hope we’re looking beyond the usual names.

It actually wouldn't surprise me if the club's main target is waiting to see what division we end up in at the end of this season before committing. If that's the case then it better be a name worth waiting for. However, the longer we go without a manager then the more likely it is we'll still be in League One so that would be a pretty daft position for the club to take. 

Just hope the poster that said ages ago "we've got somebody lined up but he can't start 'til March" was spot on. 

Edited by Mick1867

47 minutes ago, an86 said:

Don’t necessarily agree with this. We’re in a financial position where we don’t need to jump on merry-go-round of the same old names. They need to know how to coach, develop and motivate. A big old world out there and I’d hope we’re looking beyond the usual names.

Yeah that's totally fair - I just thought the tactic might be to get some hammer thrower in on a short term deal to haul you out of L1, to be replaced by someone more fitting of the future plans in the summer for a crack at the Championship. Probably a bit late for that now right enough!

22 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Yeah that's totally fair - I just thought the tactic might be to get some hammer thrower in on a short term deal to haul you out of L1, to be replaced by someone more fitting of the future plans in the summer for a crack at the Championship. Probably a bit late for that now right enough!

That at least would have been a plan. At the moment we are drifting along aimlessly.

7 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

Went along to today's game against Celtic and was refused entry along with another 4 people. Things went from bad to worse when one of them asked if I was the guy on TV. He meant Keith! Anyway we were 3 1 up at halftime.

Ended in a 3-3 draw. Who could have predicted it?

1 hour ago, spiders4ever said:

Went along to today's game against Celtic and was refused entry along with another 4 people. 

I see that it was announced on our twitter just before kick off that it was "closed door"

Surely they could've just let the handful of you in to watch what was essentially a training match in a diddy cup.  

59 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

I see that it was announced on our twitter just before kick off that it was "closed door"

Surely they could've just let the handful of you in to watch what was essentially a training match in a diddy cup.  

I see Darren Lyon and our Cambuslang goal machine both started (is that allowed?)

image.png.830f767f1f5addcd19b1ad35019ec945.png