Queen’s Park 21/22

17 hours ago, JT1867 said:

That's a disgrace, the club just don't give a f**k about the fans anymore.

As a general comment I wouldn’t disagree. However it could be to do with the current vocal disdain from a very small section of fans toward the first team and a fear that similar comments would upset the youngsters. Or it could be Pollok FC insisted no fans, thinking more about a 100 or so from Celtic. More along the lines of health & safety, insurance requirements etc. At Lesser it was disguised as fans visiting the Members bar who happened to wander out for fresh air. Or it could be some bizarre ruling from the Glasgow Football Association who run this tournament. 

Of course, all of this is speculation and perception and due to no communication from the club. Your perception is probably closer to the mark than my speculation. If it’s any consolation, here’s the current league table…

image.png.85d013a883d96213284eb51a5a3baf63.png

3 minutes ago, qpfc said:

I was looking at Cambuslang’s fixtures and as far I’m aware, their last game is April 9th? Would Williamson be allowed to play the remaining games for qp afterwards? 

Doubtful. Loan will probably extend beyond that. Juniors (or new variation of juniors) notorious for having to cram fixtures in well into May because of postponements.

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

As a general comment I wouldn’t disagree. However it could be to do with the current vocal disdain from a very small section of fans toward the first team and a fear that similar comments would upset the youngsters. Or it could be Pollok FC insisted no fans, thinking more about a 100 or so from Celtic. More along the lines of health & safety, insurance requirements etc. At Lesser it was disguised as fans visiting the Members bar who happened to wander out for fresh air. Or it could be some bizarre ruling from the Glasgow Football Association who run this tournament. 

Of course, all of this is speculation and perception and due to no communication from the club. Your perception is probably closer to the mark than my speculation. If it’s any consolation, here’s the current league table…

image.png.85d013a883d96213284eb51a5a3baf63.png

I was told that QP had refused to pay for stewards but I did see 3.

Unfortunately Cambuslang are in the hunt for their division and no doubt that'll be why he's on loan to them . Look at the number of chances that fired across the EF goal on Saturday with no takers. I don't care what standard The Lang are, I'd be tempted to bang him in the first team if we could. A scorer's a scorer.

1 hour ago, NathanQP said:

I think the biggest mistake was letting Salim Kouider-Aissa go to Airdrie. He’d score a bucket in this team

Based on what the strikers have produced this season then yes I think Salim would of been more effective for us but I’d be lying if I said that I was hoping for him to return last summer. I thought he was fairly poor throughout his loan spell and didn’t seem to look like the player he was the previous season. Seems to be extremely injury prone now also 

The thought process on Salim not returning for this season was also that I hoped and expected the club to have recruited an upgraded version of Salim but unfortunately it seemed like the club were content with Mchugh and Murray. We’ve paid the price for that decision 

Edited by qpfc

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

Based on what the strikers have produced this season then yes I think Salim would of been more effective for us but I’d be lying if I said that I was hoping for him to return last summer. I thought he was fairly poor throughout his loan spell and didn’t seem to look like the player he was the previous season. Seems to be extremely injury prone now also 

The thought process on Salim not returning for this season was also that I hoped and expected the club to have recruited an upgraded version of Salim but unfortunately it seemed like the club were content with Mchugh and Murray. We’ve paid the price for that decision 

Sal is out for the season it looks lile, just had a knee op and was on crutches at the montrosec game,   he came to the club totally unfit and was battling back to fitness until he blew his knee against Allo a in October, he is signed up for next season as well so hopefully comes good... Only issue I have is the only club he was decent for was yourselves in League 2 the rest have been a series of unsuccessful loan spells..

32 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Sal is out for the season it looks lile, just had a knee op and was on crutches at the montrosec game,   he came to the club totally unfit and was battling back to fitness until he blew his knee against Allo a in October,

All of this makes it even more unbelievable that we didn’t sign him.

3 hours ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Wide players are getting off the hook a bit in this sign a striker chat... if we're playing 3 up - they should be chipping in each week. 

Aye. How many times do they ever try to beat their man and hit the bye line to get balls in? Always cutting inside. Does my head in. 

17 hours ago, NathanQP said:

I think the biggest mistake was letting Salim Kouider-Aissa go to Airdrie. He’d score a bucket in this team

Maybe it was his preferred choice to sign for Airdrie after his contract was up at Livingston but aye, we definitely should have been in for him.

2 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Always cutting inside. Does my head in. 

Defenders are always told to "jockey the winger down the line" - "don't let them cut inside" We have scored some good goals from shots in and around the D.

We have to make better use of the posession when we do either; and to be fair there have been a raft of crosses into the box.