Queen’s Park 21/22

1 hour ago, dirvy said:

I can’t profess to know enough about what you seem to have got a bee in your bonnet about.
Are you sure these people are not remunerated.
Have you asked the people who can do anything about it.
Are you personally affected.
If not the money has to come from somewhere. Will you pay an extra pound on admission next year, or forego a goal scoring striker?

1. The positions were advertised as “volunteers.” That doesn’t suggest that they will be paid.

2. Yes, I have.

3. No, I’m not. Not that that is relevant.

4. If we can afford to pay a Director of Football from AZ Alkmaar and CEO from Hibs, it wouldn’t be a credible argument to say we couldn’t pay community/youth coaches.

Would I forego the wages of a couple of players to fairly pay other people at the club? Yes, I would. However, as mentioned above, our structure is fundamentally flawed if we can pay top dollar at the top of the tree and expect those delivering on the ground to work for free. 

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Would I forego the wages of a couple of players to fairly pay other people at the club? Yes, I would. However, as mentioned above, our structure is fundamentally flawed if we can pay top dollar at the top of the tree and expect those delivering on the ground to work for free. 

Then it perfectly matches the British Empire we live in and the conduct of Lords and Knights of the Realm. If you feel that strongly right to the Laird o’ Hutchie….he’s paying for everything else anyway and wants to be “innovative”.

”Out of my way Percy, Big Jock has a fifty for the bar”. It’s what we voted for, right?

P.S. nominations for local council elections closes March 23. 

The manager situation is really an embarrassment. I think Jack Ross threw a spanner in the works and would not be surprised if we are still talking to him. The handling of the transfer window was a joke. We are crying out for a goalscorer and we bring in some young boys who may or may not develop. That is not what we needed at that time. We are being run like a bunch of amateurs. Beuker talks a good talk but he is not a manager and is unable to generate any fight and determination in the team. Just what Potter is doing heaven knows. Bait for Ross? Ms Dempster owes us an explanation on the manager/coach situation.

19 hours ago, QP145 said:

Heard the 18s won 2-1 at Murray park tonight 

Well done to them, it's a pity the club don't advertise their fixtures in advance.

Talking of not advertising matches, according to a post on the domestic cup forum we are playing a Glasgow Cup tie against Celtic at Newlandsfield on Tuesday with a 1:00pm kick off.

Not publicising a game that has been organised for the middle of a working day, it's almost as if the club don't want fans at games.

1 hour ago, JT1867 said:

Well done to them, it's a pity the club don't advertise their fixtures in advance.

Talking of not advertising matches, according to a post on the domestic cup forum we are playing a Glasgow Cup tie against Celtic at Newlandsfield on Tuesday with a 1:00pm kick off.

Not publicising a game that has been organised for the middle of a working day, it's almost as if the club don't want fans at games.

These games aren’t stewarded. If we advertised it we’d have to pay for stewards etc. Also these games are usually at unusual venues as we don’t have a stadium atm. Maybe this changes once we are in lesser, we’ll see 

1 hour ago, NathanQP said:

These games aren’t stewarded. If we advertised it we’d have to pay for stewards etc. Also these games are usually at unusual venues as we don’t have a stadium atm. Maybe this changes once we are in lesser, we’ll see 

Fair enough, there was a picture in a recent match report which clearly showed a crowd in the background, presumably they would have been players parents then.

On the new manager front, here’s a left field suggestion that ticks a number of boxes for the direction we look to be going in. Brentford are driven massively by data, sports science, and scouting for young talent. Their U23/B team manager is title winning QP player Neil MacFarlane.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11748/12311620/brentford-b-team-head-coach-neil-macfarlane-explains-why-the-clubs-academy-decision-is-working-for-them

https://www.google.com/amp/s/talksport.com/football/fa-cup/659667/brentford-data-revolution-england-smartest-club-championship-leicester-fa-cup/amp/

17 minutes ago, an86 said:

On the new manager front, here’s a left field suggestion that ticks a number of boxes for the direction we look to be going in. Brentford are driven massively by data, sports science, and scouting for young talent. Their U23/B team manager is title winning QP player Neil MacFarlane.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11748/12311620/brentford-b-team-head-coach-neil-macfarlane-explains-why-the-clubs-academy-decision-is-working-for-them

https://www.google.com/amp/s/talksport.com/football/fa-cup/659667/brentford-data-revolution-england-smartest-club-championship-leicester-fa-cup/amp/

Great find. That does seem to be what we are about.

On 19/02/2022 at 21:05, NathanQP said:

These games aren’t stewarded. If we advertised it we’d have to pay for stewards etc. Also these games are usually at unusual venues as we don’t have a stadium atm. 

I'm sure we could easily afford it.  Any stewarding for a Glasgow Cup game getting played in the middle of a working day would be minimal. What sort of crowds are you expecting for what is essentially a training match? I'm pretty sure Thistle advertised our Glasgow Cup game with them and the crowd wasn't up to much at all. Not sure what the venue of the match has to do with it not being advertised. Up to folk if they want to travel and if it's a closed door game then just say so. 

I'm sure we could easily afford it.  Any stewarding for a Glasgow Cup game getting played in the middle of a working day would be minimal. What sort of crowds are you expecting for what is essentially a training match? I'm pretty sure Thistle advertised our Glasgow Cup game with them and the crowd wasn't up to much at all. Not sure what the venue of the match has to do with it not being advertised. Up to folk if they want to travel and if it's a closed door game then just say so. 

Sure you would volunteer Mick. Can just see you in a hi vis jacket.

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Pretty certain Livingston decided to follow that path a while back and now their holding their place on the Premiership.

We decided to follow “the Brentford model” a few years ago and now we are at our lowest level since the late 70’s.

The workmen seem to have switched over to the west side of Lesser since the metal frame went up on the east side.
There's been some work in the dressing room area below the pavilion, and it looked today like they were demolishing the concrete terracing on the west side which had been poured by the original contractors 18 months ago.

So are there to be no fans on the west side of the ground, Just this directors area?
You’d have thought the best way to get fans back would have been to develop the stand that already exists on the west side of the ground.