Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

21 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

See Galbraith played a part in today’s game. Rooster’s attempt to crock him must’ve been too feeble to achieve what he hoped.

They are pathetic and Rooster is a pathetic little shitebag.

Maybe his nickname should be changed to 'Roaster'.

Remember, he was out of the game for four years.  The first one wasn't groin but a tight hammy.  This time it popped severely.
You were next to me when McCormack came off in the first game and indicated to young Emma the physio that it was his groin. She was working away on it for ages !! #Chancer

Bo'ness United 2 Gala Fairydean 2. The BU's were dominant in possession but wasteful and it was a shocker to go behind not once but twice. The BU's then equalised through a mystery penalty when the referee saw something nobody else saw. After that it was harem scarem stuff for the BU's defence as they tried to get a winner while taking risks at the back. Truth be told in the last 10 minutes we were as likely to get zero points as 3 points.

Disappointing result and there's plenty of room for improvement.

16 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Bo'ness United 2 Gala Fairydean 2. The BU's were dominant in possession but wasteful and it was a shocker to go behind not once but twice. The BU's then equalised through a mystery penalty when the referee saw something nobody else saw. After that it was harem scarem stuff for the BU's defence as they tried to get a winner while taking risks at the back. Truth be told in the last 10 minutes we were as likely to get zero points as 3 points.

There sure is a lot of room for improvement. Chance after chance missed in the first half then we go one down to poor defending. We equalise before halftime. Then settled back down to watch us win the game in the second half, what a disappointment that was.  Gala went back in front but Zander scored what as you said was a mystery penalty. 
Our back four was posted missing several times in the last 20 minutes and only some desperate defending kept us from a defeat. Of course we created several chances but we do not have the killer touch when they arrive.

To be honest there looks no shape to the back four and the midfield don’t seem to be a unit.

Over to you Max, you’ve got a big job on.

A fluke goal and a mystery penalty,too many wasteful moments and a defence all over the place most of the game,we need to improve big time,and our lack of a back up keeper almost bit us really hard as I thought the yellow card for Murphy was kind. MOTM Craig Comrie 

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

^^^ Should’ve gone to Specsavers.

From the opposite end of the park it looked to me like a Gala player was pulling or holding a BU shirt and was spoken to. Then once play resumed, he pulled or held a BU shirt and the penalty was given. Unsure if anyone ITK on here can confirm?

40 minutes ago, boheesian said:

There sure is a lot of room for improvement. Chance after chance missed in the first half then we go one down to poor defending. We equalise before halftime. Then settled back down to watch us win the game in the second half, what a disappointment that was.  Gala went back in front but Zander scored what as you said was a mystery penalty. 
Our back four was posted missing several times in the last 20 minutes and only some desperate defending kept us from a defeat. Of course we created several chances but we do not have the killer touch when they arrive.

To be honest there looks no shape to the back four and the midfield don’t seem to be a unit.

It’s been almost a guarantee that this BU side will take time to gel given the amount of new faces. The lack of a proper pre-season certainly won’t have helped either. However, there were some promising signs. Our two new full backs look to be a pair of good signings.

33 minutes ago, boness4ever said:

A fluke goal and a mystery penalty,too many wasteful moments and a defence all over the place most of the game,we need to improve big time,and our lack of a back up keeper almost bit us really hard as I thought the yellow card for Murphy was kind. MOTM Craig Comrie 

I was stood right in line with the Andy Murphy incident and even the yellow card he received was an absolute joke, as per the reaction from everyone down in the corner at the Kinneil end. Andy won the ball, clean and fair, booting it off the Gala player whose momentum caused him to collide with Andy.

A crap call by the referee who would have only seen it from behind the Gala forward and a decision a linesman capable of keeping up with play could’ve helped the referee with. Been a long time since I’ve seen a linesman so consistently fail to keep up with play. The amount of times Gala got through on the BU goal due to him being miles behind play in the second half was absolutely ridiculous. 

Edited by 8MileBU

9 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

^^^ Should’ve gone to Specsavers.

From the opposite end of the park it looked to me like a Gala player was pulling or holding a BU shirt and was spoken to. Then once play resumed, he pulled or held a BU shirt and the penalty was given. Unsure if anyone ITK on here can confirm?

It’s been almost a guarantee that this BU side will take time to gel given the amount of new faces. The lack of a proper pre-season certainly won’t have helped either. However, there were some promising signs. Our two new full backs look to be a pair of good signings.

I was stood right in line with the Andy Murphy incident and even the yellow card he received was an absolute joke, as per the reaction from everyone down in the corner at the Kinneil end. Andy won the ball, clean and fair, booting it off the Gala player whose momentum caused him to collide with Andy.

A crap call by the referee who would have only seen it from behind the Gala forward and a decision a linesman capable of keeping up with play could’ve helped the referee with. Been a long time since I’ve seen a linesman so consistently fail to keep up with play. The amount of times Gala got through on the BU goal due to him being miles behind play in the second half was absolutely ridiculous. 

Ok the linesman was behind the play but the back four were sometimes the back two. Keep your shape at the back and you won’t have to worry about a linesman. 
I’ll give you the point about shortage of game time preseason and the nucleus of new players coming in but continue missing the chances we had last night could come back and bite us on the arse. There are harder games in front of us so we need to get the shape of the team right and put the scoring opportunities away.

3 hours ago, boheesian said:

Ok the linesman was behind the play but the back four were sometimes the back two. Keep your shape at the back and you won’t have to worry about a linesman. 
I’ll give you the point about shortage of game time preseason and the nucleus of new players coming in but continue missing the chances we had last night could come back and bite us on the arse. There are harder games in front of us so we need to get the shape of the team right and put the scoring opportunities away.

True about the back four being the back two and also about missing chances but the squad have got to be given time to gel we can't be overly critical yet.

@Sure & Stedfast Did you have something you wanted to add to the discussion? I had a notification that you'd quoted one of my posts last night. Should I just presume that as you deleted it it was just some snide drivel?

Edited by 8MileBU

51 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

True about the back four being the back two and also about missing chances but the squad have got to be given time to gel we can't be overly critical yet.

@Sure & Stedfast Did you have something you wanted to add to the discussion? I had a notification that you'd quoted one of my posts last night. Should I just presume that as you deleted it it was just some snide drivel?

Correct - wasn’t directed at you though. Will rise above it. Life is too short. Best wishes to you and yours.

On 21/07/2021 at 22:17, boheesian said:

Flabbergasted by the negativity at this post ! 
the back four are all new players, these need time and games with the covid probs re preseason, players who haven’t played for over 6 months, missing a couple of really good looking signings due to injury. 
We played some really good stuff and should have been goals up in first half, hardly a big job on his hands ! 

5 hours ago, buloyal said:

Flabbergasted by the negativity at this post ! 
the back four are all new players, these need time and games with the covid probs re preseason, players who haven’t played for over 6 months, missing a couple of really good looking signings due to injury. 
We played some really good stuff and should have been goals up in first half, hardly a big job on his hands ! 

It’s all about opinions. A lot of experience on the field but I didn’t hear a lot when things were going wrong. We will have had training sessions where defensive and midfield tactics will have been discussed surely.

Yes we have kicked of the season undercooked but Max has still got to get what he wants instilled into the players.

Boheesian- glass half empty
BU loyal - glass half full

You both make decent points and call it as you see it.

I am convinced that this team will improve as they play more games. Once the players know how their new teammates play they will make more chances.

In Max we trust.