Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

19 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

Now that you have made it so clear that you are the righteous one, I do hope that you will now visit every thread on every forum and pass on your wisdom to everybody that has made an error, in your eyes. 

I do. Frequently.

Max in the Journal online confirms 10 new signings. He talks about the clear out of most of the over 30's apart from Gemmell and Hunter. He says he is very happy with the way the training is going. Boys working hard without complaint and looking good when they get the balls out (know that's asking for a Kenneth Williams gif).

3 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Max in the Journal online confirms 10 new signings. He talks about the clear out of most of the over 30's apart from Gemmell and Hunter. He says he is very happy with the way the training is going. Boys working hard without complaint and looking good when they get the balls out (know that's asking for a Kenneth Williams gif).

984D9933-7BF3-4FC7-9C9C-6A851DB907A4.gif

Edited by 8MileBU

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

See on another thread the Whitburn v Camelon game was abandoned when ex BU Jack Simpson broke his ankle in what AlanCamelonFan described as a horrible challenge. Taken away in an ambulance.

Whitburn boy was running back. And absolutely clattered jack. Really dangerous 

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

See on another thread the Whitburn v Camelon game was abandoned when ex BU Jack Simpson broke his ankle in what AlanCamelonFan described as a horrible challenge. Taken away in an ambulance.

Just been told it's a double compound leg break

8 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

It was a good game both teams going for it as well. There was no need for the boy to clatter him like that.

I get the “no such thing as friendlies” thing, but unless you’re a total halfwit of a player you don’t go breaking legs.

41 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

A lovely lad Jack and a cracking player, hope he gets back from this.

Yup, if I was in charge of all things BU, given how Jack showed in his first spell I’d have been happy to bring him back into the fold for a wee trial spell to see how he got on. 

Sadly those kind of leg breaks are usually the worst and even when players make it back to playing again after a leg break in most cases they’re not the player they were before.

Can only wish Jack a speedy and full recovery.

Well it's less than a week until our first pre-season friendly at Sauchie. HURRAH !!!
Probably find the hosts to be a bit match sharper than the BU's as they have already played 3 games.
Sure the BU's fitness levels will be good as Max will have been pushing them hard in training.