Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

31 minutes ago, Bu bri said:

How long before the committee smell the rose’s. Come on enough is enough this is appalling 

If anything BU are getting worse .

Don't know what happens at training but assuming that passing of the ball doesn’t feature much .

Again we were second best and should have lost .

Two games at home VoL shipped 134 goals this season and Edinburgh Uni 82 goals lost and we can’t score against either of them .

Crowds  are dropping away week on week and it really is a pretty depressing watch this season , with just 2 or 3 exceptions .

31 minutes ago, seenitall said:

If anything BU are getting worse .

Don't know what happens at training but assuming that passing of the ball doesn’t feature much .

Again we were second best and should have lost .

Two games at home VoL shipped 134 goals this season and Edinburgh Uni 82 goals lost and we can’t score against either of them .

Crowds  are dropping away week on week and it really is a pretty depressing watch this season , with just 2 or 3 exceptions .

Assuming there are no other Cup competitions still to start (please feel free to correct me if there are), unless we can come up with a markedly improved performance against either Beith on Saturday in the Challenge Cup or Musselburgh a week Tuesday in the EoS Cup then our season is effectively over.

I hope we can somehow pull a result out of the bag, preferably two, but if we can't and the standard of performance doesn't improve, the above is only going to get worse.

The players currently available: Murphy(GK) only 1, Jacobs, McCormack, Skinner, Carstairs, Hawkins, MacAulay, Cross (On loan) & Hunter if needed (Defenders);  

Gemmell, Grant, Galbraith, Locke, Johnston (On loan ) (Midfield), Flynn, Wilson (Strikers ?), Stevenson, Nicol (On loan), McLeod (On loan)

Miller ( Long term injury ) 

Comrie ( Gone missing )

6 Transferred

2 Further loans returned to their clubs

If I have missed any please fill the blanks.

The loss of Miller ( speedy recovery ) is a big one but Comrie's non stop attitude has weakened the midfield. Replacing these two should have been a priority

I know it's difficult to get the required players but to continually bringing in loans must surely be disruptive to the style of play.

To the Club: There's a lot of disgruntled loyal supporters out there the but even their patience is being sorely tried so it's time to do something

Edited by boheesian

I am surely not alone in feeling that we are just so toothless and disjointed just now? 
Toothless ?
Yes. Bonnyrigg have scored 73 goals and have a +51 goal difference. Bo'ness have only scored 38 goals and have a +4 (yes only +4) goal difference. Take away the goals from two big early season wins at VoL and Edinburgh University and we have basically been scoring only 1 goal a game. It's not bad luck and MOTM performances by opposition goalies but a simple case of not putting it in the mixer ( [emoji2398] Boheesian). Tippy tappy out wide in cluttered midfields isn't turning into clear chances.

Disjointed ?
Yes. Shape of the team, distance between players, unwillingness to show for the ball, inability to see a pass, under hitting passes, poor communication and a severe lack of leadership on the pitch make for grim viewing.

.........and let's not forget discipline. We have hurt ourselves too many times with daft cards and disputes with officials.

Max PLEASE get it sorted.

2 hours ago, YirTea'sOot said:

Assuming there are no other Cup competitions still to start (please feel free to correct me if there are), unless we can come up with a markedly improved performance against either Beith on Saturday in the Challenge Cup or Musselburgh a week Tuesday in the EoS Cup then our season is effectively over.

I hope we can somehow pull a result out of the bag, preferably two, but if we can't and the standard of performance doesn't improve, the above is only going to get worse.

Lowland league cup is usually played the week after the seasons finished

3 hours ago, boheesian said:

The loss of Miller ( speedy recovery ) is a big one but Comrie's non stop attitude has weakened the midfield. Replacing these two should have been a priority

This has been our biggest loss on the park this season in my opinion. When Comrie plays, Bo’ness play.

Having read all the various comments over the past few weeks, it’s maybe time to be frank about why the performances are so poor. Analysis:
Murphy is one of the best goalkeepers around, the back four (when it plays) of McCormack, Carstairs, Skinner and Dev plus Gemmell as defensive mid are solid and comparable to most of the better sides in the Lowland league.
Unfortunately the attacking options are just not good enough, there are players in this squad who are not up to Lowland league standard never mind playing for BU’s.
Most of our recent goals have come from defenders and the lack of bringing in some quality attacking players would indicate that our hopes rest with getting Zander fit again.
This is the the reason we find ourselves in the position that we have got ourselves into.

Murphy is one of the best goalkeepers around, the back four (when it plays) of McCormack, Carstairs, Skinner and Dev plus Gemmell as defensive mid are solid and comparable to most of the better sides in the Lowland league.

Dolly, I reckon Andy Murphy is the best keeper in the LL. Don't think we have seen that back 4 you list in more than 2 games this season but I may be wrong on that. Personally I like Keir McCauley at left back with Devon paired up with Gemmell as a pair if defensive mids. A consistent line up has been the problem all season.

4 hours ago, dolly said:

Having read all the various comments over the past few weeks, it’s maybe time to be frank about why the performances are so poor. Analysis:
Unfortunately the attacking options are just not good enough, there are players in this squad who are not up to Lowland league standard never mind playing for BU’s.
Most of our recent goals have come from defenders and the lack of bringing in some quality attacking players would indicate that our hopes rest with getting Zander fit again.
This is the the reason we find ourselves in the position that we have got ourselves into.

If the players aren’t up to BU and Lowland league standards then who takes the blame ?

We do have a very good goalkeeper , but defensively can be shambolic , midfield chasing shadows and strikers that can’t control a ball .

We had the Camelon guys who did hee haw with us and are now part of a Rose team that are flying .

BU aren’t in a good position at all just now and as said previously crowds are dropping away. 

Somethings got to change .

6 hours ago, boness4ever said:

We are not gonna get relegated,or win the league,our main objectives are the cups,so why sign a player on loan that is cup tied! in at least one of the cups 

There’s not an endless pot of money or free agents that won’t cost anything?

Dolly, I reckon Andy Murphy is the best keeper in the LL. Don't think we have seen that back 4 you list in more than 2 games this season but I may be wrong on that. Personally I like Keir McCauley at left back with Devon paired up with Gemmell as a pair if defensive mids. A consistent line up has been the problem all season.

Dave, I could go with your idea with McCauley in the back four but as you say there is no consistent line up. My concern is at the other end of the park and the total lack of quality needed for this league. The attacking midfielders, while having skill just don’t score or create enough goals meanwhile the forwards carry absolute no threat to opposing defences and are just not good enough for this league.