Kelty Hearts Thread

32 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Take your argument off our thread please gents 🤣

I was enjoying watching a couple of blokes arguing about a prize draw on the QOS website from 3 years ago. 

Noticed from your recent announcement that Darren Jamieson has left and young Liam Campbell has been retained, just wondering if he has a chance of being No.1 for you next season or do you think Tidser will go out and get a more experience GK and have him as Back Up?

Watched Campbell play for your Development Squad at the tail end of last year and thought he looked to be a good young Goalkeeper.

2 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Noticed from your recent announcement that Darren Jamieson has left and young Liam Campbell has been retained, just wondering if he has a chance of being No.1 for you next season or do you think Tidser will go out and get a more experience GK and have him as Back Up?

Watched Campbell play for your Development Squad at the tail end of last year and thought he looked to be a good young Goalkeeper.

Great distribution & did ok in the few games he played. Would be a risk though I think.

On 17/05/2023 at 18:08, cb_diamond said:

Maybe, maybe not. It's increasingly looking like McCabe and Airdrie are quite an attractive proposition for players.

Seems like Stenhousemuir was the more attractive proposition opposed to sitting on his arse no playing….. shocked! 

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Seems like Stenhousemuir was the more attractive proposition opposed to sitting on his arse no playing….. shocked! 

It's got to be said the first 7 words of your post are a rarely used combination 😂

On 11/05/2023 at 22:39, KH4 said:

Sad to see Philp go. He's been a fine servant and as our longest serving player he deserves some recognition. If memory serves he joined us just as we started off in the EOSL, so he's been with us through the East Of Scotland League, The Lowland League, League Two and now League One. That's quite a journey. If I'm being honest he has found it hard going this year, but he has been a real difference maker over the years. 

If the changes are as drastic as I fear they might be there are some players we'll get by without but some will be quite a significant loss. As others have said everything rests on what business were able to do between now and the start of the season. It's impossible to say how next season might go until we get some idea of the level of talent were bringing in to replace what we've lost. Looking just at outgoings nobody would be optimistic, but having someone like Tidser at the helm is encouraging. Whilst individually the standard of what were bringing in will probably be lower than what we've had this season, there's no reason why a new manager and a new direction can't outperform Potters imbalanced, threadbare side. 

Philip was at the club when they were still Junior.

2 hours ago, Robert Forbes said:

Philip was at the club when they were still Junior.

You're quite right, it would have been worth mentioning his previous spell with us as well. Perhaps someone with a slightly better memory can confirm, when he rejoined it was during the preseason before our EOSL campaign? I don't think it was any earlier than that? 

16 hours ago, KH4 said:

You're quite right, it would have been worth mentioning his previous spell with us as well. Perhaps someone with a slightly better memory can confirm, when he rejoined it was during the preseason before our EOSL campaign? I don't think it was any earlier than that? 

I honestly can't remember, but either way he is definitely a Kelty legend.

16 hours ago, KH4 said:

Was with us couple of seasons junior then went to Bo'ness and returned when we went into EoS league 

5 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Was with us couple of seasons junior then went to Bo'ness and returned when we went into EoS league 

I think it was the first season in the Lowland League that he missed due to injury, but he came back as good as ever the following season.