Kelty Hearts Thread

It's going to be a tough league again next season as Cove will definitely strengthen , most probably still be 3 possibly 4 full time teams in the league , Montrose doing some very early business , Stirling should be looking to kick on , Clyde couldn't get any worse could they ?? Annan on their day will give anyone a game , think East Fife will miss out unfortunately, we don't have any players apart from Tiwi and Mcnab signed i think and Mcnab will most probably be released , but still buzzing for next season already no matter what 

Mon Kelty 

Sad to see Philp go. He's been a fine servant and as our longest serving player he deserves some recognition. If memory serves he joined us just as we started off in the EOSL, so he's been with us through the East Of Scotland League, The Lowland League, League Two and now League One. That's quite a journey. If I'm being honest he has found it hard going this year, but he has been a real difference maker over the years. 

If the changes are as drastic as I fear they might be there are some players we'll get by without but some will be quite a significant loss. As others have said everything rests on what business were able to do between now and the start of the season. It's impossible to say how next season might go until we get some idea of the level of talent were bringing in to replace what we've lost. Looking just at outgoings nobody would be optimistic, but having someone like Tidser at the helm is encouraging. Whilst individually the standard of what were bringing in will probably be lower than what we've had this season, there's no reason why a new manager and a new direction can't outperform Potters imbalanced, threadbare side. 

13 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Agyeman confirmed as signing with us, from what I saw this season looks still quite raw but will run through brick walls for the team. He better out wide or upfront?

Better out wide coming inside. He's OK up top but not quite game aware enough for me.

21 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Agy away but we all knew it was coming , hope he kicks on at Falkirk but think Tids will have his number when up against us hopefully , just hoping at least a few guys stay on 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️😁

Reading between the lines ... so you don't think Falkirk will overcome their 1st leg deficit against Airdrie tomorrow then (and will still be in L1 next season), aye? 🤔

28 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

What about the boy you signed then put out on loan immediately? Scored about 299 goals, he likely to be ready for League 1?

Daramola. He's about the only player we've got atm for next season that's confirmed  😆

Hard to tell how he'll do tbh.

59 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Reading between the lines ... so you don't think Falkirk will overcome their 1st leg deficit against Airdrie tomorrow then (and will still be in L1 next season), aye? 🤔

Correct neeb 😂😂 I'm thinking Alloa will do the business for some reason and will go up and we will be back to 4 full time teams again in the league 

18 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Correct neeb 😂😂 I'm thinking Alloa will do the business for some reason and will go up and we will be back to 4 full time teams again in the league 

I admire your confidence ...👍

Hoping some serious behind the scenes stuff going on and few of the lads stay on, always say no news is good news 😂but to be fair apart from DJ , Barjo , Agy is anyone going to get better offers than us in League 1 to stay and play ?? 

On 12/05/2023 at 16:34, 1320Lichtie said:

DJ is a good keeper. Would’ve happily still have had him here if we didn’t have Gaston

On 12/05/2023 at 16:39, leomessi1984 said:

He's more than capable of stepping in. Big loss for us.

On 12/05/2023 at 17:50, Kelheart said:

Don't think you'll need them but he's no too shabby at saving the  penalties like 

He’s a keeper I’ve always liked. Had a good game yesterday. A good save in the first-half where he tipped the ball past the post and one in the second-half he put over the crossbar. The rest was all perfunctory stuff but he dealt with everything meekly thrown at him. He was well up for it too - celebrating the goal, geeing up the fans etc which was great to see. All the best next season! 

3 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Hoping some serious behind the scenes stuff going on and few of the lads stay on, always say no news is good news 😂but to be fair apart from DJ , Barjo , Agy is anyone going to get better offers than us in League 1 to stay and play ?? 

Going to need some patience I think Kelheart 😵