Kelty Hearts Thread

17 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Saturday was my first trip to Kelty and I was impressed. Clearly a lot of money has gone into the facilities as well as the playing side - something that doesn't always happen when benefactors are involved - and that gives the club a chance to now build a sustainable model. The community seem to be onside too which is crucial and certainly we got a warm welcome yesterday. Hopefully Kelty can go on and establish themselves as a self sustaining SFL club in the years ahead.

Thanks Waspie! Alloa fans were great banter & welcome back for sure.

6 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

No argument about what we've done in the past and we need someone to come in, but don't see how a crook like McKenzie and his two pals are going to help us. 

They'll have us in league 2 within 3 seasons. 

I mean this with the greatest respect, but I wouldn't imagine that anyone here is even remotely interested in your reservations and concerns about Raiths incoming management team. 

If any of them are still prepared to give you the time of day, perhaps it's for you and your fellow Rovers fans to figure out how your clubs found itself in the position it's now in. It's ironic that your attempts to diminish our club have only served to highlight what a predicament your clubs in. Imagine if they'd taken the reigns at Dunfermline!!! It would be unthinkable. All levity aside you're fortunate to have a guy thats both professional and capable, and far from just throwing money around he knows how to wring every last drop of out of what he's got to work with. 

Ive said it before but there's no doubt that Dean's support got us promoted from the Lowland League within a few seasons. It's entirely possible it would have happened anyway, but we were able to avoid the impending and inevitable bottleneck caused by former junior clubs fighting over one play off berth like rats fighting over a urinal cake. Dean's now taken his flying carpet and briefcase full of conservatory money to Kirkcaldy, and I've seen some pretty hysterical commentary about Kelty evaporating upon contact with reality. I think this is either wishful thinking or a demonstration of people being unable to understand basic data. 

If you look at what Kelty currently have in terms of facilities, structure, potential income sources and level of support, does anyone seriously believe Kelty aren't at least capable of competing in League Two? This season we are 5th in League One for average attendance and we've stunk the place out most weeks. Last season we were top by a comfortable margin and we had roughly double the average attendance of 5 out the other 9 sides. Look back over this thread or search out reviews and experiences from other fans and neutrals who've visited NCP. How many of them are saying "I'll tell you what though, the set up at Kelty is an absolute shambles"? 

I'm actually really intrigued about what comes next, at least we won't need to listen to people harping on about us being unsustainable because we've surpassed a club that couldn't attract flies with a mouthful of sh*te. No harm to the guy, but I don't think anyone other than Rovers fans are worried about Potter moving on, and when I seen Tidser was getting a crack at it I was genuinely excited. He's exactly the type of character you want in a situation like this and it's an encouraging first decision. Personally, I think the loss of Dean's expertise is more of an issue than the loss of anything else, and what happens next will ultimately depend on how well the new team perform. The reaction from everyone that actually knows who these guys are has been overwhelmingly positive, and rightly or wrongly Kelty supporters appear a bit more optimistic about the immediate and long term future than Rovers fans do just now. For what it's worth, I think both clubs will be absolutely fine.

12 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I was a your ground for the friendly in the summer. I didn't see much to be proud about to be honest. Very Cove Rangers like. 

You are a walloper & clearly have very little going on in your life. Come back when you have a shred of a tangible argument.

17 hours ago, KH4 said:

I mean this with the greatest respect, but I wouldn't imagine that anyone here is even remotely interested in your reservations and concerns about Raiths incoming management team. 

If any of them are still prepared to give you the time of day, perhaps it's for you and your fellow Rovers fans to figure out how your clubs found itself in the position it's now in. It's ironic that your attempts to diminish our club have only served to highlight what a predicament your clubs in. Imagine if they'd taken the reigns at Dunfermline!!! It would be unthinkable. All levity aside you're fortunate to have a guy thats both professional and capable, and far from just throwing money around he knows how to wring every last drop of out of what he's got to work with. 

Ive said it before but there's no doubt that Dean's support got us promoted from the Lowland League within a few seasons. It's entirely possible it would have happened anyway, but we were able to avoid the impending and inevitable bottleneck caused by former junior clubs fighting over one play off berth like rats fighting over a urinal cake. Dean's now taken his flying carpet and briefcase full of conservatory money to Kirkcaldy, and I've seen some pretty hysterical commentary about Kelty evaporating upon contact with reality. I think this is either wishful thinking or a demonstration of people being unable to understand basic data. 

If you look at what Kelty currently have in terms of facilities, structure, potential income sources and level of support, does anyone seriously believe Kelty aren't at least capable of competing in League Two? This season we are 5th in League One for average attendance and we've stunk the place out most weeks. Last season we were top by a comfortable margin and we had roughly double the average attendance of 5 out the other 9 sides. Look back over this thread or search out reviews and experiences from other fans and neutrals who've visited NCP. How many of them are saying "I'll tell you what though, the set up at Kelty is an absolute shambles"? 

I'm actually really intrigued about what comes next, at least we won't need to listen to people harping on about us being unsustainable because we've surpassed a club that couldn't attract flies with a mouthful of sh*te. No harm to the guy, but I don't think anyone other than Rovers fans are worried about Potter moving on, and when I seen Tidser was getting a crack at it I was genuinely excited. He's exactly the type of character you want in a situation like this and it's an encouraging first decision. Personally, I think the loss of Dean's expertise is more of an issue than the loss of anything else, and what happens next will ultimately depend on how well the new team perform. The reaction from everyone that actually knows who these guys are has been overwhelmingly positive, and rightly or wrongly Kelty supporters appear a bit more optimistic about the immediate and long term future than Rovers fans do just now. For what it's worth, I think both clubs will be absolutely fine.

Cracking post KH4

9 hours ago, KH4 said:

Nobody's disappointed that NCP wasn't included in the Euro 2028 bid, the point is there are too many half wits that lack even a basic understanding of the football pyramid. 

Oh I understand the pyramid alright. It's what will see you back in the east of Scotland league soon enough. 

Unfortunately we'll be slipping down it pretty sharpish as well with the Kelty brains trust at the helm. 

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Oh I understand the pyramid alright. It's what will see you back in the east of Scotland league soon enough. 

Unfortunately we'll be slipping down it pretty sharpish as well with the Kelty brains trust at the helm. 

Leo suggested you clearly have very little going on in your life. I'd suggest you clearly have very little going on in your head if your moronic mouse droppings on this forum are anything to go by. Being both a social dud and an utter buffoon is a terrible state of affairs to get yourself into. It's little wonder the rest of the Rovers supporters are thoroughly mortified by this lonely end of the pier routine you've been attempting to perform. I hope for your sake Dean McKenzie comes in and finds some way to put you out your misery. I'm not suggesting he takes you out behind the woodshed or anything drastic like that, but you can't go on like this. Everyone deserves some dignity. 

Edited by KH4

18 minutes ago, KH4 said:

Leo suggested you clearly have very little going on in your life. I'd suggest you clearly have very little going on in your head if your moronic mouse droppings on this forum are anything to go by. Being both a social dud and an utter buffoon is a terrible state of affairs to get yourself into. It's little wonder the rest of the Rovers supporters are thoroughly mortified by this lonely end of the pier routine you've been attempting to perform. I hope for your sake Dean McKenzie comes in and finds some way to put you out your misery. I'm not suggesting he takes you out behind the woodshed or anything drastic like that, but you can't go on like this. Everyone deserves some dignity. 

You know what? You're right. So sorry for bothering you all. Won't happen again. 

Come on man, no need to shuffle away in a huff. When I say put you out your misery, I meant something along the lines of banning you from Starks Park for the rest of your life, or something trivial like that. 

Mr McKenzie is a legitimate businessman running a successful conservatory business. 

Capiche? 

8 hours ago, Robert Forbes said:

You should have stood in amongst the Kelty fans and told them to their faces that their club was tinpot and scummy!

Please don't listen to him, he's making an arse of himself on her and our own page. Most fans believe this will be a good move, hopefully some cash but expertise which we have been lacking. Rumours of Agyeman coming, any good, could he make the step up.

9 hours ago, raith1974 said:

Please don't listen to him, he's making an arse of himself on her and our own page. Most fans believe this will be a good move, hopefully some cash but expertise which we have been lacking. Rumours of Agyeman coming, any good, could he make the step up.

I liked the look of him in the Xmas Eve game and I'd be keen to see him at EEP (we were linked in January) but I'd imagine he'll be on his way to Starks Park. Definitely not the finished article but a lot of potential. One you feel could move on again from a Raith/Dunfermline.

Taking the managers one thing, nobody's really bothered about that but if they come for Alfie (or any other key players) that'll diminish the goodwill somewhat, not that they'd care. Agyeman has really progressed in his time with us and is useful up front in a number of different ways. He's a player that could go either way if he plays at a different level, but given his progression so far I wouldn't bet against him being successful in the Championship, if he really kicks on perhaps even further. I'd be disappointed to see him go. He's very popular and usually puts a shift in. 

11 hours ago, raith1974 said:

Pace, strength, super direct and has come on leaps & bounds this year. Can be just as frustrating with the end product though. The potential is all there & he's been our main threat all season.

2 hours ago, KH4 said:

Taking the managers one thing, nobody's really bothered about that but if they come for Alfie (or any other key players) that'll diminish the goodwill somewhat, not that they'd care. Agyeman has really progressed in his time with us and is useful up front in a number of different ways. He's a player that could go either way if he plays at a different level, but given his progression so far I wouldn't bet against him being successful in the Championship, if he really kicks on perhaps even further. I'd be disappointed to see him go. He's very popular and usually puts a shift in. 

He's 23, he'll be leaving anyway surely? You certainly can't prevent it. I'm not sure why Rovers, if they are interested, should step aside and let him go somewhere else for the sake of some perceived "goodwill". Frankly, if they think he's better than other options at Rovers they'd be failing in their job not to go after him.

13 hours ago, raith1974 said:

Just saw this after I posted my previous comment, seems like it could just be run of the mill striker gets linked with every club.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He's 23, he'll be leaving anyway surely? You certainly can't prevent it. I'm not sure why Rovers, if they are interested, should step aside and let him go somewhere else for the sake of some perceived "goodwill". Frankly, if they think he's better than other options at Rovers they'd be failing in their job not to go after him.

He may well move on, reportedly other clubs have shown interest and like other minnows Kelty are at the mercy of whoever else is interested in their talent. 

The pragmatic, sensible part of me would probably arrive at the same conclusion as you - that's football and why not, there's nothing wrong with it. The unreasonable, partisan cretin within me that freaks out when when a linesman awards a perfectly legitimate penalty against Kelty in the dying stages of a closely fought game would probably arrive at a different conclusion. Our main backer, sporting director and manager have just left and thrown in with our local rivals, if their first order of business just happens to be taking one of our most important players off our hands, my initial reaction is probably going to be along the lines of "ain't that some bullsh*t". 

You're actually spot on, and I'm sure for many sensible Kelty supporters they'll be able to reconcile their disappointment at several key figures jumping ship with the knowledge that Raith Rovers are exercising their recruitment responsibilities in the best interests of their club. If we feel we're being bent over we'll have no option but to be quiet and take it like everyone else. You can't expect us not to whine about it afterwards though.

quite enjoyed the "kelty experience" for the first time on Saturday , the game was gash barring one last minute

but a tidy ground with good facilities, And a fair chance we will be back next season anyway 

and unlike EEP they don't run out of pies at half time ..

Edited by Vegetableman