Kelty Hearts Thread

4 hours ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Just saw this after I posted my previous comment, seems like it could just be run of the mill striker gets linked with every club.

I would imagine Kelty's entire management team moving across to us would naturally lead to us being linked with him. You may well be in for him also, albeit there's the added complication that you don't know what league you'll be playing in next season. 

I can't say the thought of signing a player that hasn't managed double figures in over 30 league games in the division below us fills me with much joy, right enough. 

On 18/04/2023 at 18:22, Michael W said:

I would imagine Kelty's entire management team moving across to us would naturally lead to us being linked with him. You may well be in for him also, albeit there's the added complication that you don't know what league you'll be playing in next season. 

I can't say the thought of signing a player that hasn't managed double figures in over 30 league games in the division below us fills me with much joy, right enough. 

It is possible for a player to be in a team that hasn't had a great season and still put decent stats on the board, Reilly at Albion this year is a good example of that. 8 Goals and crucially 1 assist isn't impressive for the number of games he's featured in so if you were looking primarily at that I can understand why you'd have reservations about a player one level below you. 

The thing with Agyeman that really stands out is his progress and potential. He joined us from BSC Glasgow the season we started in League Two. He's now our sides top scorer two levels above where we picked him up from and whilst they aren't big totals, he has demonstrated an ability to improve, progress and adapt to the level he's playing at. He isn't someone who spends a lot of time around the 6 yard box hoping for a sniff. He can play in that position but is also very capable out on the right so as well as the potential you've got a bit of versatility. 

He might well be a bust, but there's also every chance you'll be having the same conversation with supporters of a bigger club a couple of years from now. 

Edited by KH4

18 minutes ago, KH4 said:

It is possible for a player to be in a team that hasn't had a great season and still put decent stats on the board, Reilly at Albion this year is a good example of that. 8 Goals and crucially 1 assist isn't impressive for the number of games he's featured in so if you were looking primarily at that I can understand why you'd have reservations about a player one level below you. 

The thing with Agyeman that really stands out is his progress and potential. He joined us from BSC Glasgow the season we started in League Two. He's now our sides top scorer two levels above where we picked him up from and whilst they aren't big totals, he has demonstrated an ability to improve, progress and adapt to the level he's playing at. He isn't someone who spends a lot of time around the 6 yard box hoping for a sniff. He can play in that position but is also very capable out on the right so as well as the potential you've got a bit of versatility. 

He might well be a bust, but there's also every chance you'll be having the same conversation with supporters of a bigger club a couple of years from now. 

He's not an out and out striker is he? Certainly my impression in our games is that he's played from a wider position.

21 minutes ago, KH4 said:

His return is more indicative of a player that's hit his ceiling, rather than one that's taken to this level particular well and has the potential to go higher tbh. That might of course not be the case, but it would certainly not be an inspiring signing that's for sure. 

13 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He's not an out and out striker is he? Certainly my impression in our games is that he's played from a wider position.

Definitely not an out and out striker. He can hold his own in a more central position but I prefer him when he's out wide. He's not a Cardle type player, he's a lot more direct and powerful. As someone said earlier his end product isn't always there and that's reflected in his goals/assists tally. 

1 hour ago, KH4 said:

Definitely not an out and out striker. He can hold his own in a more central position but I prefer him when he's out wide. He's not a Cardle type player, he's a lot more direct and powerful. As someone said earlier his end product isn't always there and that's reflected in his goals/assists tally. 

Indeed. Point was though that @Michael W appears to be judging him as a central striker based solely on his goal return. He's been very good against us, very obviously Kelty's best player (to be fair, Kelty have done well against us so he's likely to shine).

Personally think Alfie would benefit significantly if given a full time opportunity with whoever and certainly worth a punt on as would cost heehaw bar a wage (are we entitled to a development fee??) If his end product was better he would've already been away as he has everything else in his locker just needs fine tuned imo still don't want him to go though 

On another note would like Reilly and Bevan in from Albion , Tiwi coming from Bo'ness so would like Patterson in from Arbroath as formed a good understanding at Bo'ness so 4 good youngsters and Milne back on loan and keep a good bunch of existing squad, no wanting much but would be happy with that 

30 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

On another note would like Reilly and Bevan in from Albion , Tiwi coming from Bo'ness so would like Patterson in from Arbroath as formed a good understanding at Bo'ness so 4 good youngsters and Milne back on loan and keep a good bunch of existing squad, no wanting much but would be happy with that 

Reilly looks like he’s away to Dundee.

8 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Thats an enourmous step up, league 2 - Prem more than likely. Did he not fail at a higher level previously?

He had a loan spell at Airdrie in 2019 where he looked very out of his depth. He joined on loan from Hamilton at the same time as Leon McCann but McCann looked miles ahead of him at the time. He’s really kicked on over the last couple of seasons now, though it is a very big jump as you say.

3 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Darge should be one we try & sign now for sure. I'm nervous as literally the whole squad could change 😯

22 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Darge should be one we try & sign now for sure. I'm nervous as literally the whole squad could change 😯

Yeah it's probably going to be a big overhaul in the summer neeb , hoping we keep the likes of Martin , Thomson , Higgy , Agy,  Jamieson , Peggie, Barjo and Lyon all got good experience and game time at this level now looking like owares away already Cardle will probably retire , Philp and Mcnab not cut it at this level . Austin is the one I'd love to stay and prove me wrong next season , done my head in this season as know he's capable of so much more but pastures new next season and wee bit nervous and excited , would take your hand off right now for another 8th place but hopefully higher 

53 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Yeah it's probably going to be a big overhaul in the summer neeb , hoping we keep the likes of Martin , Thomson , Higgy , Agy,  Jamieson , Peggie, Barjo and Lyon all got good experience and game time at this level now looking like owares away already Cardle will probably retire , Philp and Mcnab not cut it at this level . Austin is the one I'd love to stay and prove me wrong next season , done my head in this season as know he's capable of so much more but pastures new next season and wee bit nervous and excited , would take your hand off right now for another 8th place but hopefully higher 

Barjonas & Alfie will be away I think. Our new budget will dictate a lot but hopefully Tids has some influence too. Where is O'Ware off to? 

Local paper reporting that Tidser is after our youth academy player Reece Lyon who is currently on loan at Annan. 

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.greenocktelegraph.co.uk%2Fsport%2F23480316.morton-midfielder-reece-lyon-leaving-cappielow%2F

Never quite lived up to his potential so far but he's made over 100 appearances for us and definitely has ability and also seems to be having a good second half of the season with Annan. 

1 hour ago, port-ton said:

Local paper reporting that Tidser is after our youth academy player Reece Lyon who is currently on loan at Annan. 

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.greenocktelegraph.co.uk%2Fsport%2F23480316.morton-midfielder-reece-lyon-leaving-cappielow%2F

Never quite lived up to his potential so far but he's made over 100 appearances for us and definitely has ability and also seems to be having a good second half of the season with Annan. 

Saw this also. From all accounts would look like a decent signing. A good age & a fair bit of experience considering that age also.