Living with cancer (and madwullie memorial thread)

1 minute ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

It's absolutely amazing the way that prognosis is changing. Take my cancer, myeloma. It has has the fastest rate of new lines of treatment out of any cancer. The 5 year statistic data is so out of date they would need to re-do it every year. Since I was diagnosed I have lost count the number of new drugs that have been approved and there's hundreds more still being looked at. 

To end on an even more positive note...

STILL IN REMISSION BABY! 🤗

5 years since diagnosis on Sunday. Feels like a milestone. 

Great news! :thumsup2

It certainly is!

12 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

It's absolutely amazing the way that prognosis is changing. Take my cancer, myeloma. It has has the fastest rate of new lines of treatment out of any cancer. The 5 year statistic data is so out of date they would need to re-do it every year. Since I was diagnosed I have lost count the number of new drugs that have been approved and there's hundreds more still being looked at. 

That's great news to hear mate!

16 hours ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Chuffed to hear this! Brilliant news!

• 6 months later...

Acute Lymphoblastic Luekemia (A.L.L.)

After Allogenic (by donor) Stem Cell Transplant

Remission is tough, doubt I will live to retire. 80% chance for 45 year old with ALL returning in 5 years!!

Still here, anyone with cancer feel free to PM me.

I can share a lot :)

An aside.

Every week we visit my mum. Every week she slips the kids a pound or two.

On Saturday we went to Tesco in Alloa after visiting. My daughter put her couple of quid in the Marie Curie tin. When I asked why she just said "Grandpa"

It got me. By the time I got home I was blubbing. She is 13, was 12 when cancer took him. They were very close.

17 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

An aside.

Every week we visit my mum. Every week she slips the kids a pound or two.

On Saturday we went to Tesco in Alloa after visiting. My daughter put her couple of quid in the Marie Curie tin. When I asked why she just said "Grandpa"

It got me. By the time I got home I was blubbing. She is 13, was 12 when cancer took him. They were very close.

FFS, tragic. Tears for you! Stay positive :)

On 03/10/2023 at 15:39, Honest Saints Fan said:

I join Maggies zoom calls each week, work let me.

For Highlands, majority of our group have Myeloma. Tough indeed, heard all about it.

Maggies & MacMillan are best!!!

7 hours ago, Sonam said:

I join Maggies zoom calls each week, work let me.

For Highlands, majority of our group have Myeloma. Tough indeed, heard all about it.

Maggies & MacMillan are best!!!

Very encouraging to hear a workplace allowing that, I just wish it was more common over here. Sounds like you’re getting the support you need to progress, don’t rule out that making retirement…even if it’s just to piss off some pols. Stay strong and feel free to share tales and tips, God knows there’s enough people around that can benefit from it.