G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

57 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Hold the fucking bus here.

Hartson says you can not judge Celtic on this game under any circumstances.

So surely the opposite also applies? Apparently when Celtic march into some rundown Scottish town and pump whatever diddies play there, only then can they be judged on their brilliance.

He would never understand that.

Not because he favours Celtic but just because hes thick as f**k.

10 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Remember in his last stint, when some journalist asked Rodgers at a press conference, about the financial gulf between his side and other Scottish ones, after he'd been moaning about another European hammering.

He simply argued that it was different, but didn't even attempt an explanation as to why.  

I just love it when they get thrashed in games like tonight's.  No downside at all, except of course that they get an immense fortune for literally making up the numbers.

I remember a press conference where he said Scottish football should be supporting them because them getting into CL brings money to the rest. The fact that the money is divided £30m to Celtic and £100k each to the rest is totally lost on him and supporters of these clubs.

1 hour ago, ahemps said:

I remember a press conference where he said Scottish football should be supporting them because them getting into CL brings money to the rest. The fact that the money is divided £30m to Celtic and £100k each to the rest is totally lost on him and supporters of these clubs.

Maybe you should throw gold bars like the Dormund fans did M8.

3 minutes ago, willywastecoat said:

I'm glad Celtic will never park the bus in Europe even if it means results like this,the disparity between a 2-2 and a 6-0 has got nothing to do with budgets.

This viewpoint probably highlights why Celtic will likely continue to under-perform in Europe. Rather than set up pragmatically, there are too many that demand to see Celtic play a certain way even if that leads to an inferior result. It's just madness in my opinion.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

This viewpoint probably highlights why Celtic will likely continue to under-perform in Europe. Rather than set up pragmatically, there are too many that demand to see Celtic play a certain way even if that leads to an inferior result. It's just madness in my opinion.

St Brendan changed tactics about 4 times during that game last night it was not madness M8.

12 minutes ago, willywastecoat said:

St Brendan changed tactics about 4 times during that game last night it was not madness M8.

I was referring to your claim of:

25 minutes ago, willywastecoat said:

I'm glad Celtic will never park the bus in Europe even if it means results like this

If parking the bus may potentially yield a better result, why would you be against it?

24 minutes ago, willywastecoat said:

I'm glad Celtic will never park the bus in Europe even if it means results like this,the disparity between a 2-2 and a 6-0 has got nothing to do with budgets.

The ability to defend intelligently and adapt tactics to the demands of the opposition are as much a hallmark of great teams and great coaches as free flowing attacking football. That's why Celtic have not been a truly great team since at least the reign of wee Gordon and young Mr Lennon. 

23 minutes ago, willywastecoat said:

Looking from the outside I think that last night showed that minus Maeda Celtic have very little pace or physical presence in the forward areas - you can get away with that in mediocre league in Scotland, but not at the top level in Europe.

They also have a number of players who have been getting smoke blown up their arse by the Scottish fitba media but who turn out to be alarmingly ordinary against quality opposition.

So another year of 'win the league, rinsed in Europe, and repeat'.

4 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Looking from the outside I think that last night showed that minus Maeda Celtic have very little pace or physical presence in the forward areas - you can get away with that in mediocre league in Scotland, but not at the top level in Europe.

They also have a number of players who have been getting smoke blown up their arse by the Scottish fitba media but who turn out to be alarmingly ordinary against quality opposition.

So another year of 'win the league, rinsed in Europe, and repeat'.

So the 2-2 was a fluke?

2 minutes ago, willywastecoat said:

It's not about results,Celtic will never sack a manager on European results M8.

What is it about then if it's not about results?

And I haven't said Celtic should sack Rodgers based on European results, I am asking why you'd be against parking the bus if it meant you may potentially pick up more points in the CL?