G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

9 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

Ewan Murray, the only Scottish football journalist I'm aware of who writes the truth about Scottish football, tells it like it is. Mind you he writes for an English based newspaper.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/oct/02/celtic-humilation-miserable-state-of-scottish-football?CMP

“Celtic, realising the totally futile state of the environment in which they participate week upon week, should be leading the charge for revolution.”

Him and I might just get on.

8 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Murray is a Jambo, so he's a miserablist by default, but he's also a decent writer.  He occasionally appears on the very good Guardian Football Weekly podcast.

Reading through Murray's article, it really looks like a composite of a few of the more considered posts that appeared in this thread after Celtic's humiliation.

9 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

Ewan Murray, the only Scottish football journalist I'm aware of who writes the truth about Scottish football, tells it like it is. Mind you he writes for an English based newspaper.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/oct/02/celtic-humilation-miserable-state-of-scottish-football?CMP

It's a good article, but as your last sentence alludes it will be a minority read in Scotland.  As for Celtic 'leading any charge' he fails to put any flesh on that hope, and that's probably because the current owner and BoD of Celtic are tungsten-nosed businessmen whose primary mission is to maximise revenue by whatever means.  And of course to ensure that revenue consistently exceeds that of their city rivals.

In that regard they have been very successful in their 'buy low, sell high' player recruitment policy, and they could well argue why bother with costly youth development when globally-sourced off-the-shelf talent is propelling them into the riches of the Champions League every season.

Being a huge fish in a stagnant wee pool will continue to work just fine for Celtic as long as 60K hoops-clad fans turn up every other week to pay their dues.

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

It's a good article, but as your last sentence alludes it will be a minority read in Scotland.  As for Celtic 'leading any charge' he fails to put any flesh on that hope, and that's probably because the current owner and BoD of Celtic are tungsten-nosed businessmen whose primary mission is to maximise revenue by whatever means.  And of course to ensure that revenue consistently exceeds that of their city rivals.

In that regard they have been very successful in their 'buy low, sell high' player recruitment policy, and they could well argue why bother with costly youth development when globally-sourced off-the-shelf talent is propelling them into the riches of the Champions League every season.

Being a huge fish in a stagnant wee pool will continue to work just fine for Celtic as long as 60K hoops-clad fans turn up every other week to pay their dues.

Aye but there's only about 40 out of that 60k  sing songs glorifying terrorism. If you believe some of the Celtic fans on here. The rest are in the toilet.

On 02/10/2024 at 17:41, jimmy boo said:

Bill Leckie used to have a right good go at the arsecheeks when he wrote for the Sun a few years back. No idea where he is now.

He wrote an atrocious article about a Scottish player coming out a few years ago that was full of petty innuendo. I think after that he has thankfully been left behind.

49 minutes ago, gannonball said:

He wrote an atrocious article about a Scottish player coming out a few years ago that was full of petty innuendo. I think after that he has thankfully been left behind.

Still at the sun baby sucking Celtic at every turn. Like the majority of the Scottish media.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

I was in the barbers a couple of weeks ago and was reading the Sun, he’s still got a column on the go and this one was all about “Naisy” as he continually referred to him.