G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

13 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

It was also the bones of a squad that won a treble the season before and there were a lot of reasons to why a team who won the league at a canter capitulated but you already know what they are so your post is disingenuous to say the least.

And i didn’t say spending money wasn’t advantageous however should we be ashamed for actually having a business model that keeps us in the black to allow us to do so? However spending money doesn’t win you the league, you still have to find the right players, the right coach, get buy in and get results. We spent 10 million on Ajeti and Barkas ffs so it’s not just as simple as dump a load of cash to guarantee quality and success as those 2 evidence 

But you missed the point completely, most Celtic fans wouldn’t have expected us to be ahead of Rangers at this stage considering the volume of players needed and doubly so with our recent record of signing expensive duds. It took Rangers 4 years of big spending to catch Celtic we have clawed it back in 7 months 

We could go back and forth all day but we won’t - it’s all about opinions as they say.

I think Celtic’s massive budget gives them and advantage over the rest of the teams in the Premier League and you don’t. You won’t budge on that and neither will I.

And spending money doesn’t win you the league ? Really !! In Europe especially, I bet 90% of the teams that have won their leagues over the past 20 years have had the top 2 or 3 budgets in their respective leagues.

10 hours ago, Greenlantern said:

The frustrating thing is, we’ve been taking our chances of late, anything in and around the box we’ve been putting it away. Just wasn’t our night.
When their first goal went in (against the run of play it has to be said) you could just tell they were lifted massively by that.
From then on in we just struggled to get going, and on occasions we did that little bit of quality was missing.

A learning curve for most of these players, league and Europe are vastly different ball games.

The defeats in Europe have been all different the players and Ange learn more from them,to see where we are and what we can and can't do.
Our best performances have came away from home in Germany and Spain,that 3rd goal last night probably puts it beyond Celtic but you never know.
Celtic were left short in Germany against a quality side,in Spain it was a bit naive and early for this group of players.
Last night we all know Celtic can play better and cause Bodo problems,Bodo will also be better for this game.
I disagree with you and Jinky on the midfield three, I think McGregor is wasted in the number 6 role much prefer him in the Turnbull role.
Which means Bitton,McGregor and Hatate for next week if fit,the balance wasn't right last night and it effected the front three this for me is why we lost the game.

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

We could go back and forth all day but we won’t - it’s all about opinions as they say.

I think Celtic’s massive budget gives them and advantage over the rest of the teams in the Premier League and you don’t. You won’t budge on that and neither will I.

And spending money doesn’t win you the league ? Really !! In Europe especially, I bet 90% of the teams that have won their leagues over the past 20 years have had the top 2 or 3 budgets in their respective leagues.

There is a lot of Celtic fans think why have we got 20 odd million in the bank and why it's not spent on the team.
The board think we don't need to spend it and you think we have an advantage,Why would we have an advantage with the resources we have when we don't spend the resources we have?
Every other club on the planet spends more than they have,yes it's a club like no other. 

6 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Why would we have an advantage with the resources we have when we don't spend the resources we have?

Because the resources you have spent is significantly higher than any other team. Probably more than the other 11 teams combined this season.

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

We don't spend every penny available and more like your club.

But what you have spent, is more than every other club in the league. Just because you have cash in the bank doesn't mean it's not an advantage.

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

How can it be an advantage if it's sitting in the bank?

Are you fucking shitting me? I'm not talking about the money sitting in the bank, I'm talking about the money that you actually have spent.

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The money we spend we can afford to spend.

Nobody is arguing otherwise. Yes, you can afford to spend it, but that still means you have an advantage over all of the other clubs due to the spending power you have and the investment in players you've made this season. That is irrefutable.

Edited by AJF

Are you fucking shitting me? I'm not talking about the money sitting in the bank, I'm talking about the money that you actually have spent.
If you haven't learnt by now that it's a completely pointless task trying to talk sense into wasterwilly then nothing will help you.

Just now, Empty It said:
7 minutes ago, AJF said:

If you haven't learnt by now that it's a completely pointless task trying to talk sense into wasterwilly then nothing will help you.

True. Each occasion I think surely he can't be serious this time. Yet each time, I am surprised.