WOSFL Division Four 2021-2022

There was no need to fixture a league of 28 games in the same way the Prem, with it's 38 games was. To have teams playing Saturday/Wednesday in July and August and now sitting with their season finished isn't a good look regardless of the Covid climate.
Covid lockdowns and weather postponements were anticipated, and it was vital that we got into linear leagues. Fortunately the games weren't stopped in the way they were last season, but Kennie had to be prepared for that very real possibility. And it could have happened at any time. This is a one-off season, unique.

20 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

There was no need to fixture a league of 28 games in the same way the Prem, with it's 38 games was. To have teams playing Saturday/Wednesday in July and August and now sitting with their season finished isn't a good look regardless of the Covid climate.

That's a brilliant crystal ball to have. Where can I buy one? Maybe you should help Kennie, that way we can get everyone finishing at the same time. Since some of the Division 4 clubs still have 5 games to go.

4 minutes ago, glensmad said:
26 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Covid lockdowns and weather postponements were anticipated, and it was vital that we got into linear leagues. Fortunately the games weren't stopped in the way they were last season, but Kennie had to be prepared for that very real possibility. And it could have happened at any time. This is a one-off season, unique.

Covid lockdowns were not anticipated this year, they were a possibility. The biggest/only threat was at the start of 2022 and even then it soon became apparent that games weren't going to be put off. At that point maybe two matches in three weeks could have been scheduled, especially in the notional Division Four league. As for weather, that is a given and is the reason the Prem will be such a bunfight come April and hence should never have been a 20 team league. 

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

That's a brilliant crystal ball to have. Where can I buy one? Maybe you should help Kennie, that way we can get everyone finishing at the same time. Since some of the Division 4 clubs still have 5 games to go.

Why are you mentioning Mr. Young personally? I'm not getting at him. There is a full committee who have an input to these sort of decisions as he probably has to put his proposals before them for ratification before it gets published. Also, why would the public offer to help out with fixturing? The facts are that there are now teams who have finished their season and have FOUR MONTHS of lying idle ahead. That's quite simply an outcome of bad decision making.

2 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Why are you mentioning Mr. Young personally? I'm not getting at him. There is a full committee who have an input to these sort of decisions as he probably has to put his proposals before them for ratification before it gets published. Also, why would the public offer to help out with fixturing? The facts are that there are now teams who have finished their season and have FOUR MONTHS of lying idle ahead. That's quite simply an outcome of bad decision making.

I'm mentioning him so that you can help since you appear to have these psychic abilities. It's almost as if people have forgotten the wildly different number of games played when things shut down around this time in 2020.

I'm sorry Jim, but you are very wrong. Covid shutdowns were a very real possibility when the season started, in fact they were very much expected, hence the clubs agreeing to the Phase 1 and Phase 2 plan, the season starting early and the fixtures being front-loaded.

All going well the season finishes without WW3 starting and we all know where we stand.

Hopefully without any funny business from the relegated 6 or 7 trying to pull a fast one and changing the rules at the last minute.

Edited by Glenconner

All going well the season finishes without WW3 starting and we all know where we stand.
Hopefully without any funny business from the relegated 6 or 7 trying to pull a fast one and changing the rules at the last minute.
Perhaps you should explain that.

On 20/12/2021 at 09:20, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Finnart and BSC probably need something better that Springburn. 

The SFA Referee Appointments page says that Finnart's last game (this Saturday, 12th March) v Harthill will be played at Greenfield Park - the home of Glasgow United (Shettleston Juniors to you & me).

If true (the WoSFL fixtures still say at Springburn) that looks like it might be Finnart having left Springburn, for 'something better'.

Finnart played one or two midweek fixtures at Greenfield Park at the start of the season, when the Springburn astro was already booked up.

3 hours ago, glensmad said:
5 hours ago, Glenconner said:

Perhaps you should explain that.

Overheard that in the lounge last night at Benburb.

"Effin ridiculous that amount of clubs getting relegated, summit should be. done about it".

You can take the teams out the. Juniors but...........

"Effin ridiculous that amount of clubs getting relegated, summit should be. done about it".
I assume whoever said it hasn't a clue about the reason for it.

It won't be changing.

The SFA Referee Appointments page says that Finnart's last game (this Saturday, 12th March) v Harthill will be played at Greenfield Park - the home of Glasgow United (Shettleston Juniors to you & me).
If true (the WoSFL fixtures still say at Springburn) that looks like it might be Finnart having left Springburn, for 'something better'.
Finnart played one or two midweek fixtures at Greenfield Park at the start of the season, when the Springburn astro was already booked up.
It's a one-off.

32 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Think the theory behind it was you reduce the number of teams over few seasons with play offs thrown in.

These discussions all took place a long time ago, various options were put in front of the clubs and they voted on it.

The decision to relegate seven teams from the Premier this season was decided by the WoSFL clubs by a vote. They could have chosen to go with five this season and five next season, but they didn't choose that option.

It is now firmly written in the Constitution and Rules of the WoSFL that is what must happen this summer.

16 hours ago, Glenconner said:

Are they not standing still rather than being relegated? 

Another one from the Referee Appointments page.

Saturday 19th March, Harmony Row are at Home. Home this season has been New Tinto Park - Sir Alex Ferguson Park not being good enough for the WoSFL.

But Drumchapel United are playing out the season at New Tinto, and they've got a Home game too on Saturday 19th.

At the moment, it looks like Harmony Row v St Peter's will be played at Sir Alex Ferguson Park.

Unless there'll be a change of KO and two back-to-back matches at New Tinto, which has happened a few times.

The WoSFL fixtures page also lists it as at the Sir Alex.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this would be the first time since joining the WoSFL that Harmony Row's men's first team will have played a match at the club's true home (?).

Edited by LeedsPhil