Scotland v Moldova

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Four changes from the Euros squad - Kelly, Clark, Ferguson and McLean in, Marshall, McLaughlin, Fleck and McTominay out. Massive blow not to have McTominay.

I'm concerned about how the defence will look if Clarke sticks with the back five.

It would seem silly considering he was our best player at the Euros, but I worry that we might see Hanley played on the right of the three. He played there against Luxembourg and there was a rumour that he would against CR before Tierney's injury too.

I know Gallagher's been excellent for Scotland but I wouldn't have minded him missing out and a more natural RCB coming in.

10 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Four changes from the Euros squad - Kelly, Clark, Ferguson and McLean in, Marshall, McLaughlin, Fleck and McTominay out. Massive blow not to have McTominay.

Why has McTominay missed out? have I missed something? But agreed. Big loss for us

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Gordon

O'Donnell Hendry Hanley Tierney Robertson

Gilmour McGregor

McGinn            Turnbull

Adams

There's the team I'd be going for in the Denmark game.

If we assume that's the formation I'd have

Patterson over O'Donnell

Super Duper Liam Cooper over Hendry

Genuinely expected Jason Kerr to come in - a better option to play alongside Hanley & Tierney in the back three than any of those centre backs other than Cooper IMO - but otherwise no complaints. Wasn't expecting Ferguson in but I'd rather have him than Fleck and much like goalkeepers not called Craig Gordon, he won't be getting on the pitch anyway.

4 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

and Clarke is bringing in Austin MacPhee to the coaching staff.

https://www.irishfa.com/news/2021/august/austin-macphee-leaves-northern-ireland-coaching-role

His CV looks good but all i can think of is his poor time at Hearts and how badly he handled every press conference. 

I worry about a Scotland midfield that doesn't have Ryan Jack in it and I worry even more when Scott McTominay isn't there either. I think we'll struggle in the middle of the park more than at the back - good to see Robbo will make it. That said, if we get the mix right in there we should be able to carve teams open, Turnbull and Gilmour have a lot of quality between them there, I just worry defensively. 

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I don't think Gordon will play all three games, so a decent chance that one of the others will make his debut against Moldova.

I guess of the three games that would make sense but does Clarke not like to keep the team as consistent as possible.

I guess the management etc will be glad this is the last 3 game in less than a week window we face for a long time.

1 minute ago, realmadrid said:

His CV looks good but all i can think of is his poor time at Hearts and how badly he handled every press conference. 

He's looking after set-pieces, not doing the pre/post-match presser or picking the team. Much like Cathro, McPhee has an excellent reputation as a coach, their performance as a manager isn't really relevant.