Scotland v Moldova

41 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Fraser's not a bad shout as long as Tierney can play as he did against the Faroe Islands or we have someone overlapping him from midfield.

The natural replacement would obviously be Doig. It's probably too early for Hickey but I think he'd be well suited to drifting into midfield from LWB with Tierney pushing high.

I don't think it's too early for Hickey (or Doig) to play against Moldova at home - he's played 11 games in Serie A.

Edited by craigkillie

On 25/08/2021 at 15:59, TheScarf said:

It's the kind of attendance/game that you would shift away from Hampden to a 30/40k seater stadium, but Scotland doesn't have any.  Its 20k then a 30k jump to Ibrox and Hampden.

Even if Hampden had been better constructed with the same capacity - could've had the lower tier holding 30k or similar and only opened that initially, with an upper tier or two holding a further 20k.

It's the worst large stadium I've ever been to anywhere in Europe.

Just now, Marshmallo said:

Even if Hampden had been better constructed with the same capacity - could've had the lower tier holding 30k or similar and only opened that initially, with an upper tier or two holding a further 20k.

It's the worst large stadium I've ever been to anywhere in Europe.

Good shout.  2 tiers with only the bottom one open would been ideal for most Scotland games.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Good shout.  2 tiers with only the bottom one open would been ideal for most Scotland games.

Was my pal who drew this comparison so I can't take the credit, but Monchengladbach's stadium holds 54k and would be a perfect blueprint for that sort of set up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borussia-Park

C-BORUSSIA-Park-Innen-2017-09-19-CV-(6)-

Just now, Marshmallo said:

Was my pal who drew this comparison so I can't take the credit, but Monchengladbach's stadium holds 54k and would be a perfect blueprint for that sort of set up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borussia-Park

C-BORUSSIA-Park-Innen-2017-09-19-CV-(6)-

The terracing too would be superb for Scotland games.

Think that would work fine against Moldova, but would he not just play Tierney as a LWB if Robertson is injured and put another CB in to take the LCB spot?
Tierney at CB gives us two attacking options down the left as opposed to one if Cooper's there. I'm just talking about the Moldova game atm as hopefully Robertson's fine for the other two.
I don't think it's too early for Hickey (or Doig) to play against Moldova at home - he's played 11 games in Serie A.
I was more getting at him only playing 50-odd minutes since February. I could've made that clearer though.

Went on to see how ticket sales were going (already got mine), surely it would've made more sense to open the South Upper first before having folk stuck centrally behind the goal miles from the pitch with an absolutely terrible view? 

Edited by C. Muir

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

I'd love to see Aaron Hickey called up, but I'd be surprised because John Souttar who was in a fairly similar situation wasn't called up. Would you rather Josh Doig start than Ryan Fraser? If not, is it better to have him in the senior squad or playing in the u21's. 

This is how I think the squad breaks down and covers positionally.

image.png.88a67e957a3b5093bbe4f2afb17eeb02.png

Edited by 2426255

26 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

I'd love to see Aaron Hickey called up, but I'd be surprised because John Souttar who was in a fairly similar situation wasn't called up. Would you rather Josh Doig start than Ryan Fraser? If not, is it better to have him in the senior squad or playing in the u21's. 

Fraser could play wing-back of course, but it blunts our attacking options a bit. I think Doig would be more than capable, but as you say it comes with the downside of disrupting the U21s and also bringing another body into a tight-knit squad.

9 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Fraser could play wing-back of course, but it blunts our attacking options a bit. I think Doig would be more than capable, but as you say it comes with the downside of disrupting the U21s and also bringing another body into a tight-knit squad.

We have quite a few options to consider starting in attack against Moldova and I just don't think it's really necessary to bring in a replacement to play against them, I'd be pleased to see Ryan Fraser start at left wing back personally and there would have been a fair case to start him over Greg Taylor anyway. The only justification for me calling someone further into the squad would be to introduce them to the set up like we did with Nathan Patterson and provide further cover in the event of an injury to Robertson or Fraser. 

Edited by 2426255

8 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Think that would work fine against Moldova, but would he not just play Tierney as a LWB if Robertson is injured and put another CB in to take the LCB spot?

If Robertson is going to miss out then I’d go with Tierney as the LWB and put Hickey in the LCB spot. Hickey seems to have  regained his fitness and form after Covid/injury and arguably the most versatile player Scotland currently have.

7 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Agreed. Hickey is an excellent player and started well in Italy prior to getting Covid/injured. If not for that I’d have had him in one of the three CB spots or maybe even a RWB last year as the boy just looks so comfortable with a ball whichever position he plays.

6 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

They adopt this strategy at the Allianz Arena in Munich, alternating between a full house for Bayern and bottom tier only being opened for 1860 games but feels like a full house. 

WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW

Please don’t attend if you have any Covid-19 symptoms.

Only attend the match if you feel safe and well enough to do so.

We would like to advise supporters that Hampden Park is now a cashless stadium.

Please bring a credit or debit card in order to buy food and drink within the concourses.

Please carry out a Lateral Flow Test before attending the match.

Masks should be worn within the stadium and on public transport to and from the match.

Arrive early to avoid queuing on entry.

No bags larger than A4 to be brought to the stadium.

If you have not had one or either of your COVID-19 vaccinations, we would encourage you do so by registering here.

Is anyone else having bother with tickets for this? I didn't get a confirmation email on buying them on 5th of August - and nothing has arrived by post.

Just phoned the bank, and they've confirmed the transaction. Wondering if anyone has encountered something similar. 

58 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Is anyone else having bother with tickets for this? I didn't get a confirmation email on buying them on 5th of August - and nothing has arrived by post.

Just phoned the bank, and they've confirmed the transaction. Wondering if anyone has encountered something similar. 

28 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

There aren't physical tickets as far as I know - you should have received a QR code or something like that when you bought them.

Yup, a QR code set up in the most annoying way possible - as tickets weren’t sent as individual documents you could save as a document in your phone - had to go through the email, screenshot individually and send out to everyone. 

19 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Agreed. Hickey is an excellent player and started well in Italy prior to getting Covid/injured. If not for that I’d have had him in one of the three CB spots or maybe even a RWB last year as the boy just looks so comfortable with a ball whichever position he plays.

He can't play centre-back because he is not a very good defender.