English Premier League 2021/22 Season

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a VAR review where the video assistant recommends the referee to check the monitor and the ref subsequently sticks with his original decision. Ever. 
Tbf it used to happen at the start of VAR but it's pointless now.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The atmosphere at that stadium looks/sounds shite.

It does, and to think they tried to recreate the yellow wall with their safe standing section.

As for the penalty, ball hitting an outstretched arm leaves the officials little choice.

Defenders simply must be aware of the position of their arms to avoid getting penalised in these situations.

39 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
40 minutes ago, Donathan said:
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a VAR review where the video assistant recommends the referee to check the monitor and the ref subsequently sticks with his original decision. Ever. 

Tbf it used to happen at the start of VAR but it's pointless now.

Think it happened at a Palace v Villa game. Not sure what the VAR Offiicial was thinking, as ref had clearly made the right call originally and was nothing clear and obvious to overturn.

Tbh, I think VAR Officials should just make the call, like in Cricket/NFL.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

A "who can score more" last day would be fun tbf.

Indeed. Man City have a decent advantage at the moment but Liverpool are playing Southampton on Tuesday who love to concede a cricket score at least once a season. 

Indeed. Man City have a decent advantage at the moment but Liverpool are playing Southampton on Tuesday who love to concede a cricket score at least once a season. 
Haven't they already taken an absolute doing this season?

If West Ham were to win by two today, its a GD of 5 to make up. 3 or more off Southampton and it would be game on for an absolutely #Barclays last day

Eta couple of fours and a six.... They cab do better than that

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Haven't they already taken an absolute doing this season?

If West Ham were to win by two today, its a GD of 5 to make up. 3 or more off Southampton and it would be game on for an absolutely #Barclays last day

They've conceded 9 in the two previous seasons. Think they might have limited it to 5 or 6 this season but it's definitely not beyond Liverpool to put a handful past them if they know they need to win big. 

They've conceded 9 in the two previous seasons. Think they might have limited it to 5 or 6 this season but it's definitely not beyond Liverpool to put a handful past them if they know they need to win big. 
That Liverpool team, if they have no reason to take their foot off the gas like the 2nd half against Man U, is as good a team as you can imagine for hitting a score like that.

If they know 5 goals is what's needed against shite like Southampton, you would be mad to back agaisnt them getting it.