Kilwinning Rangers 24/25

16 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

A poor game tonight on a very poor pitch.

3 points all that matters as we now look forward to Clydebank at Buffs Park on Friday night.

FB_IMG_1681851957363.jpg

It was pretty poor up until the sending off. Kilwinning deserved the points.

1 minute ago, funky monkey said:

Never a sending off. A yellow and a free kick probably adequate.

It's difficult to honestly say without the benefit of a replay, as I wasn't standing close enough. But my impression was it was a denial of a goal scoring opportunity, and I thought a sending off. The game was being filmed, so hopefully we get to see it again. 

I thought you brought a decent travelling support today, btw.

I never thought either club would be anywhere near relegation before the start of the season.  

The Buffs really are a poor side & u would guess a huge squad overhaul will happen this summer regardless of what league they're in. Is the majority of the players Gormleys? The lad Mackin upfront looks to be about 4 stone overweight & as slow as a week in the clink.

3 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Now the relegation caravan moves on to Arthurlie tomorrow night.

Can Talbot do Kilwinning a favour?

Seen Maxy from Pollok watching Cambuslang ahead of Saturdays clash but he left at half time. Definitely looks to be Cambuslang relegated but as to the remaining 2 then who knows.

31 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

It's difficult to honestly say without the benefit of a replay, as I wasn't standing close enough. But my impression was it was a denial of a goal scoring opportunity, and I thought a sending off. The game was being filmed, so hopefully we get to see it again. 

I thought you brought a decent travelling support today, btw.

I never thought either club would be anywhere near relegation before the start of the season.  

We were right in line with it. Gavin was clever getting in front of the defender, but wasn't a clear goal scoring opportunity in my opinion.

Our away support is decent, generally get those numbers at away games.

8 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Now the relegation caravan moves on to Arthurlie tomorrow night.

Can Talbot do Kilwinning a favour?

I suspect Arthurlie might nab a draw in this one. Dunterlie pitch is very poor, doesn't lend itself to silky soccer.

9 minutes ago, AM-1 said:

The Buffs really are a poor side & u would guess a huge squad overhaul will happen this summer regardless of what league they're in. Is the majority of the players Gormleys? The lad Mackin upfront looks to be about 4 stone overweight & as slow as a week in the clink.

We are a struggling side for a variety of reasons, all of which have been discussed elsewhere on this thread.

35 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Yeah agree 100% but the referee whistled straight away but no help from the linesman who defiantly seen it all

Who came off injured in the first half and what was the injuries?

Ben Lewis and Ally McColm off injured. Two guys that are giving everything to the cause. Hopefully one or both make it for Friday night against the Bankies.

5 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

We were right in line with it. Gavin was clever getting in front of the defender, but wasn't a clear goal scoring opportunity in my opinion.

Our away support is decent, generally get those numbers at away games.

Fair enough, you'll have definitely had a better view of it than me, then. However was it the last man who brought him down?

Just now, G_&_T said:

Fair enough, you'll have definitely had a better view of it than me, then. However was it the last man who brought him down?

Probably was the last man. Still think the referee got it wrong and was the opinion of all of the Buffs fans around us.

12 hours ago, funky monkey said:

Probably was the last man. Still think the referee got it wrong and was the opinion of all of the Buffs fans around us.

Is there any highlights up yet of the game? would like to see as I didn't think it was a penalty from my position but sure there were many in a better position that me to make that call

Still a lot of football to be played and sure to be exciting games till the end of the season
I've added the games left in the bottom 7 teams,  think everyone else is safe although not checked mathematically

Kirkintilloch Rob Roy
Cambuslang Rangers (H)
Clydebank (H)
Darvel (H)
Kilwinning Rangers (H)
Largs Thistle (H)
Arthurlie (A)
Clydebank (A)

Glenafton
Auchinleck Talbot (H)
Clydebank (H)
Cumnock (H)
Arthurlie (A)
Cambuslang Rangers (A)
Clydebank (A)
Petershill (A)

Arthurlie
Auchinleck Talbot (H)
Glenafton (H)
Hurlford (H)
Kirkintilloch Rob Roy (H)
Auchinleck Talbot (A)

Glenafton
Auchinleck Talbot (H)
Clydebank (H)
Cumnock (H)
Arthurlie (A)
Cambuslang Rangers (A)
Clydebank (A)
Petershill (A)

Petershill
Glenafton (H)
Kilwinning Rangers (H)

Kilwinning Rangers
Clydebank (H)
Largs Thistle (H)
Beith  (A)
Petershill (A)
Kirkintiloch Rob Roy (A)
Troon (A)

Cambuslang 
Cumnock (H)
Glenafton (H)
Troon (H)
Kirkintilloch Rob Roy  (A)
Pollok (A)

p.s.  apologies if i got any wrong or missed a game out

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

37 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Is there any highlights up yet of the game? would like to see as I didn't think it was a penalty from my position but sure there were many in a better position that me to make that call

Cambuslang were filming the game. Nothing from KRTV for this one.

7 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Still a lot of football to be played and sure to be exciting games till the end of the season
I've added the games left in the bottom 7 teams,  think everyone else is safe although not checked mathematically

Kirkintilloch Rob Roy
Cambuslang Rangers (H)
Clydebank (H)
Darvel (H)
Kilwinning Rangers (H)
Largs Thistle (H)
Arthurlie (H)
Clydebank (H)

Glenafton
Auchinleck Talbot (H)
Clydebank (H)
Cumnock (H)
Arthurlie (A)
Cambuslang Rangers (A)
Clydebank (A)
Petershill (A)

Arthurlie
Auchinleck Talbot (H)
Glenafton (H)
Hurlford (H)
Kirkintilloch Rob Roy (H)
Auchinleck Talbot (A)

Glenafton
Auchinleck Talbot (H)
Clydebank (H)
Cumnock (H)
Arthurlie (A)
Cambuslang Rangers (A)
Clydebank (A)
Petershill (A)

Petershill
Glenafton (H)
Kilwinning Rangers (H)

Kilwinning Rangers
Clydebank (H)
Largs Thistle (H)
Beith  (A)
Petershill (A)
Kirkintiloch Rob Roy (A)
Troon (A)

Cambuslang 
Cumnock (H)
Glenafton (H)
Troon (H)
Kirkintilloch Rob Roy  (A)
Pollok (A)

7 home games for KRR is quite incredible.

I suspect the only team we can catch is Arthurlie. That's being realistic. That's why they celebrated like they had won the CL on Saturday.

We always end up with a backlog of home games because we share at CUFC and the pitch is unplayable after a wee spit of rain in winter.

However that fixture list isn't fully accurate. We're definitely away to Arthurlie on the 29th.

4 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

We always end up with a backlog of home games because we share at CUFC and the pitch is unplayable after a wee spit of rain in winter.

However that fixture list isn't fully accurate. We're definitely away to Arthurlie on the 29th.

Sorted 👍

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread