Kilwinning Rangers 24/25

1 hour ago, funky monkey said:

Yup, would imagine so. Having said that, in as much as he'll enjoy what will be a quite incredible league win, I'm sure he'll be disappointed at the season Kilwinning are having as he had such a strong attachment to the club.

Anyone know why he got sacked by the Buffs? 

2 hours ago, funky monkey said:

Yup, would imagine so. Having said that, in as much as he'll enjoy what will be a quite incredible league win, I'm sure he'll be disappointed at the season Kilwinning are having as he had such a strong attachment to the club.

This league race  is most certainly not over there's still lots of football to be played .

1 hour ago, Peter Culter said:

I didn’t make the match yesterday but watching the highlights it’s the same old story.

Absolutely criminal defending that you think can’t get worse and inevitably does in the next match.

I agree with 99% of your post and Loudon and Woods start in the back four for me.

The other youngster that featured against Beith (O’Brien) didn’t look out of place but is it asking too much of inexperienced young players to save the season?

Boland is liable to take a flaky at any given moment and Mark Miller isn’t the answer in defence BUT is a better bet than Aldin who we are stuck with for another year at £250 per week, apparently.

I actually thought Aldin was a good stabilising influence last night apart from one moment of indecision.

Last night was the Lewis Morrison show and had we not been playing against him then the defensive mistakes may have been mitigated against.  I actually thought the team fought really well considering we were 2-0, 3-1 and 4-3 down.  Ben Lewis and Gavin Millar dragged us back into it, and we are essentially playing without a striker and badly missing both Mackin and Collins, both of whom probably won't be back at the weekend.

I agree with the other poster that we should have Ben providing a shield in front of the defence and at least tightening up at the back before even thinking about what we are going to do up front.  

Looking at the fixtures at the moment I am wondering if Beith will have a chance to win the league and relegate us on the same night.  Which would be interesting...

37 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Hertha has done that for years, keeps saying Beith are underdogs. I think he feels it's like a lucky charm.

No not at all we've got 5 tough games coming up and we can only take it one game at a time while respecting every opponent. 

58 minutes ago, energyzone said:

That will be that then.

No coming back from that. It's been a slow death last few weeks. Incredible demise since Chris Strain was sacked. Never expected the Buffs to find ourselves in this position. Can't help but feel it's very much self inflicted.

19 hours ago, energyzone said:

That will be that then.

Not yet, Still a lot of winnable games but in reality need all wins to be sure

Still to play
Clydebank (H)
Largs Thistle (H)

Beith  (A)
Cambuslang Rangers (A)
Petershill (A)
Kirkintiloch Rob Roy (A)
Troon (A)

7 Hurlford United 24 10 5 9 39 36 +3 35
8 Largs Thistle 25 10 5 10 37 39 −2 35
9 Cumnock Juniors 25 9 6 10 44 45 −1 33
10 Troon 25 10 3 12 35 41 −6 33
11 Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 23 9 2 12 31 34 −3 29
12 Glenafton Athletic 23 7 6 10 29 33 −4 27
13 Arthurlie[a] 25 9 3 13 34 46 −12 27
14 Petershill 28 7 4 17 37 78 −41 25 Possible relegation to the First Division

15   Kilwinning Rangers      23   5   4   14     38   60   −22    19    Relegation to the First Division
  16   Cambuslang Rang[c] 24   6   2    16    25   50   −25    17

Updated to match(es) played on 15 April 2023. Source: West of Scotland Football League

Not official yet until mathematical impossible but with no team being relegated to the WOSFL from the Lowland League and Beith not being promoted, this will mean there are 3 teams relegated from the Premier division so looks a tall order for Kilwinning to succeed, especially after Arthurlie defeat

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

3 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Those games in hand seemed like a cat having 9 lives.

Sadly Kilwinning seem to be using them up at a fast rate.

Tick Tock

Manager giving very little but the odd “Fur f**k sake!” on the sidelines.

Playing Gavin Millar as a left-back later in the game and obviously expecting him to breach the opposition while not giving him the ball was bizarre.

If we can’t complete a ten yard pass how can we switch a Hollywood ball from one side of the field to another?

Chris Millar brings nothing except moaning.

His time is up.

15 hours ago, Peter Culter said:

Manager giving very little but the odd “Fur f**k sake!” on the sidelines.

Playing Gavin Millar as a left-back later in the game and obviously expecting him to breach the opposition while not giving him the ball was bizarre.

If we can’t complete a ten yard pass how can we switch a Hollywood ball from one side of the field to another?

Chris Millar brings nothing except moaning.

His time is up.

The 'marquee' signings of Millar, Miller and Nichol in a bizarre attempt to match up with Darvel are the basis of what has been a disastrous season for the Buffs.

I would love for us to back to playing Ayrshire boys, guys who at least have a connection to the local area and know what the club is about. It's maybe wishful thinking on my part. I'd rather play up and coming local youngsters making their way up the ladder than playing guys who are well past their best.

On 16/04/2023 at 17:42, funky monkey said:

The 'marquee' signings of Millar, Miller and Nichol in a bizarre attempt to match up with Darvel are the basis of what has been a disastrous season for the Buffs.

I would love for us to back to playing Ayrshire boys, guys who at least have a connection to the local area and know what the club is about. It's maybe wishful thinking on my part. I'd rather play up and coming local youngsters making their way up the ladder than playing guys who are well past their best.

Can see what you're saying there but your club was one of those who wanted to get in to the pyramid. Your wish doesn't really fit in with that ambition. Anyway, good luck tonight.

17 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Can see what you're saying there but your club was one of those who wanted to get in to the pyramid. Your wish doesn't really fit in with that ambition. Anyway, good luck tonight.

I've no problems with ambition, but it's got to be done the right way and in a sustainable manner.

Struggling away at the bottom of the league with the trap door open, it's tough watching players who the fans perceive as not giving a s*** about our predicament.

Anyway, ambitions will be set aside for the time being as we try and avoid the seemingly inevitable.

Edited by funky monkey

Watched Camby on Saturday and that was the worst team I've seen them put out at Somervell in years. Sun's out in Cambuslang and a cracking day at moment so will pop down tonight to see if it can improve from Saturday.