Liam McLeod

Possibly relevant; I still remember watching a game between two non-Celtgers sides, and when one of them took the lead, the very first words out of his mouth were, "AND THAT'S A MASSIVE GOAL FOR RANGERS!"

It wasn't a mistake - his thoughts were just immediately with a side who weren't playing. So I take it he has massive gambling debts.

Guest TheJTS98
15 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Why does he always sound fucking terrified, as if he's getting chased by a pack of hounds?

It's either that he's being chased or he's giving a live report from the scene of an unfolding catastrophe.

I suppose he's been told to try and sound dramatic. But it's just fucking stupid.

I actually like him and quite enjoy his dramatic tones. He conveys passion without being unprofessional (unlike screeching numpty Peter Martin) or Crocker-esque.

Granted I only really listen to him commentate on Scotland games, but a highlight for me was how utterly raging he was when commentating (for the radio) on us getting humped by Russia. It was controlled and, aye, dramatic, but utterly believable.

I think the problem with McLeod is that he has a habit of saying something 'sound-bitery', the "yes he can, yes.. he.. can" shout when (I think) Griffiths scored that freekick against England has been played to death.

I'll tell you the person who I just cannot stand listening to is Paul Mitchell, and it's absolutely nothing to do with his commentary which, in general, is very good. It's that the man is a dyed in the wool god botherer (like full on), and I just can't honestly take him seriously.

40 minutes ago, Ric said:

I think the problem with McLeod is that he has a habit of saying something 'sound-bitery', the "yes he can, yes.. he.. can" shout when (I think) Griffiths scored that freekick against England has been played to death.

I'll tell you the person who I just cannot stand listening to is Paul Mitchell, and it's absolutely nothing to do with his commentary which, in general, is very good. It's that the man is a dyed in the wool god botherer (like full on), and I just can't honestly take him seriously.

This exactly. He tries to make even a throw in sound like the Aguerrrrrrooooooooo moment. 

7 hours ago, Ric said:

His Twitter and particularly his 'liked' list are...shall we say...a real trip into an alternate dimension.