Ayr United vs Dunfermline Athletic

So, attempting to play "nice football" and failing miserably at it?
Gotcha.

Think “attempting” is too kind a word tbh. Just utter abject shite. No idea what the “plan” is when we play. The only time we looked like we had clear tactics was the 15 minutes against Raith. Apart from that it has been a shambles.

Think “attempting” is too kind a word tbh. Just utter abject shite. No idea what the “plan” is when we play. The only time we looked like we had clear tactics was the 15 minutes against Raith. Apart from that it has been a shambles.

And i think McGlynn would have figured it out by half time 15 minutes of fame.

It was hardly 15 minutes of sexy football though. It was...bang average. Which says a lot when you've got people referencing it. 

It exactly compounds my point.

In that 15 minutes, or whatever it was, we showed signs of a game-plan, which is the absolute bare minimum you expect. The rest has been abject pish with 0 plan or clear tactics.

It was good that the Scotland games took my mind off how bad we are, but now we are back to business, I am a total miserable hoor again.

Lucky if we take a couple bus loads down to this on Saturday.

3 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Playing us a high pressing game wasn't going to succeed once the hyped up energy petered out - it was only a matter of time before we got our passing game going to run rings around you.

Playing us a high pressing game wasn't going to succeed once the hyped up energy petered out - it was only a matter of time before we got our passing game going to run rings around you.
Guess we'll never know eh

I have zero interest in the game in all honesty. Grant has ripped out all my enthusiasm about Pars games.

Imbalanced squad of wingers and strikers,  a decent right back that we don't play in his position and the rest of the rabble are either wimps, can't be arsed or just not good enough. I can't see how we can build a cohesive team with such imbalance and glaring flaws. Nobody behind the front players want to get involved in the dirty side of the game. A shower of shitbags that clown has assembled.

Just now, Rob1885 said:
5 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Guess we'll never know eh

I know, Dunfermline's nervousness was palpable

Christ, makes you wonder. Have Raith ever lost a game?

See that Inverness beat them a couple of weeks back, McGlynn just not fancy sorting it out at half time? Can only imagine when Dundee were dispatching them with ease in the playoffs last season they just didn't want to win? 

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Christ, makes you wonder. Have Raith ever lost a game?

See that Inverness beat them a couple of weeks back, McGlynn just not fancy sorting it out at half time? Can only imagine when Dundee were dispatching them with ease in the playoffs last season they just didn't want to win? 

Inverness only beat a weakened side with a late wonder strike, we had as much of the game. Dundee didn't beat us with ease, you're havering. In fact we beat them at Dens.

Come to think of it, didnt we beat Dunfermline with ease in the playoffs?

Inverness only beat a weakened side with a late wonder strike, we had as much of the game. Dundee didn't beat us with ease, you're havering. In fact we beat them at Dens.

Didnt count for very much but by all means continue to dine out on all you like.

5 hours ago, DAFC. said:

The only time we looked like we had clear tactics was the 15 minutes against Raith.  Apart from that it has been a shambles.

19 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Christ I know rovers fans can get a bit precious at times,  but the how less than 15 minutes of an abandoned game went is getting a bit ridiculous to trigger them.

It seems that that 15 minutes of kick and run like headless chickens is what's precious...

1 hour ago, Raith_Raver said:

Aren’t you 8 points off the top of the league after just 3 or 4 games? 

3 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

I have zero interest in the game in all honesty. Grant has ripped out all my enthusiasm about Pars games.

Imbalanced squad of wingers and strikers,  a decent right back that we don't play in his position and the rest of the rabble are either wimps, can't be arsed or just not good enough. I can't see how we can build a cohesive team with such imbalance and glaring flaws. Nobody behind the front players want to get involved in the dirty side of the game. A shower of shitbags that clown has assembled.

Exactly how I feel. Why this clown has been kept in the job is beyond me. I've said before, I'm normally patient with managers but it's obvious that he's well out of his depth and his recruitment has been a disgrace.

Probably won't watch us at all until he's gone and stick to the highlights, to have a chuckle if nothing else while League One stares us in the face.

14 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:
1 hour ago, Raith_Raver said:
Yes, after 3 games to be precise. Arent you 11 points off top at the same stage?

You're a fanny. Do f**k off

Thanks for your usual informative contribution. :)

PS Are you from Abbeyview by any chance 🙄

Edited by Raith_Raver