Vaccine passports at stadiums

1 hour ago, shuggz said:

Lets say a game which would normally be expected to be c.10k,clubs could just print 9999 tickets and dodge the passport issue.

If your intended point is that the choice of 10,000 as the limit is somewhat arbitrary and could theoretically produce some unintended results in a few exceptional cases then fair enough.

On 21/09/2021 at 15:44, Neil86 said:

The First Minister announced that large outdoor events such as music festivals and sports matches would instead be required to carry out "a reasonable number of checks".

A reasonable number of checks is bullshit and has no legal meaning. Some people might think checking 5 people is reasonable, some might think 10% of capacity is reasonable, some might think 50%. Its posturing nonsense like when the SG tried o ban people from going to Manchester and the Manchester Mayor told them to GTF

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

If your intended point is that the choice of 10,000 as the limit is somewhat arbitrary and could theoretically produce some unintended results in a few exceptional cases then fair enough.

Want to tell me why somebody in Gretna could go to a game in Carlisle with 10,001 and be perfectly safe !!!!!!!

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

Want to tell me why somebody in Gretna could go to a game in Carlisle with 10,001 and be perfectly safe !!!!!!!

I dont think you have quite grasped why these things are being introduced..................

I think it's pretty clear now this isn't going to happen - it's just grandstanding from the Scottish Government.

The lack of any real comment from the clubs (or Scottish Rugby) on this other than Hearts just delaying a sale tells me they know the score.  The whole thing is a bluff and will be binned next week - how many is "reasonable"?, what is the entry criteria?, what is the exclusion criteria?, what exemptions are there? what are the punishments for the individual and company for breaking the rules?, have stewards been hired to implement it?, are there enough stewards available?, what will they use to check it? - it's next week and none of this has been communicated or agreed

One of 2 things will happen:

1. The Government will backdown and not even bother fighting the legal challenge raised by nightclubs

2. They will put the scheme "on hold for further review" next week because they know it's unimplementable - and that further review will never happen.  England would have done this next week as well if the Prime Minister had the numbers to get the initial vote through (which is clear he did not)

An utter disgrace from the Scottish Government here trying to bully young people who don't need or want this vaccine by threatening to give them less freedoms than those who comply with the governments wishes, despite breaking no laws.  I'm not really interested in the public health arguments - such a system is apartheid however they try to wash it and the very fact 68 of our elected officials support it shows our society is in bad need of repair.

In the unlikely event this does actually happen (as above - it'll get shelved by Tuesday), I have no intention of showing any papers to anybody and will demand a refund of the matches missed from Hibs - and I won't be the only one.  These abhorrent "passports" have no place in a free society. 

If law abiding citizens have to show papers to access freedoms that should be open to all law abiding citizens then we do not have freedom.