Vaccine passports at stadiums

After Hearts announcement yesterday, To (rightly) not sell tickets for the Motherwell game until the Scottish goverment provide clear guidance on how to implement this passport fiasco, is there grounds for clubs, i.e Celtic, Rangers, Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen to run as normal until proper guidance is put in place by the powers.

i've had Hearts away pencilled in the diary for quite some time now, and would very much like to go.

Edited by Neil86

10 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Did I miss another Ann Budge missive?

From  the  club website

Heart of Midlothian Football Club is well aware of the impact on supporters due to the current uncertainty surrounding COVID-19 vaccine passports and their proposed implementation at Scottish football stadiums.

We are working closely with the SPFL, SFA, the Scottish Government and other clubs to ensure that our views are understood and considered.

Until such a time that the Scottish Government issues clear guidance on how these measures can be safely and practically carried out at stadia, the club has taken the decision not to make matchday tickets available for Hearts’ upcoming cinch Premiership match with Motherwell.

This has been done in an attempt minimise disruption should supporters purchase tickets before a detailed plan of action regarding vaccine passports and entry to the stadium is announced. 

We hope that our fans understand this decision, and we also hope that the Scottish Government provides this information as quickly as possible so that procedures can be put in place and tickets can go on sale.

Yep - I'd like to be there at the game but clubs need to know the basics from Govt (eg, do they need to check every person or just a percentage) and so Hearts are in the right here I think (and I'm sure part of this is to put pressure on the Govt and SPFL to finalise this).

I would hope though that Hearts and the other affected clubs have some operational ideas in place about how they can implement different versions as the Govt are never going to supply that level of detail. 

Have we even seen any theoretical proposals from anyone about how to do this? Given that Vaccine take-up in the older cohorts is extremely high, do they treat this like buying bevvy and just target Under-25's for "ID"? :)

I really do hope that tickets will be available for Motherwell fans. Been there twice, once for Seedorfs stunner and another in the Scottish Cup. An easy away day as well.

I have went to 2 away games this season and we lost both (2-0 airdrie and 1-0 dundee) so maybe it's best that I don't get to visit next weekend.

Edited by Phillips455

From the latest Briefing;

Spot checks required for football fans

Nicola Sturgeon has confirmed that football clubs will not be expected to check every supporter's vaccine passport before they are allowed to enter a stadium on match day.

The First Minister announced that large outdoor events such as music festivals and sports matches would instead be required to carry out "a reasonable number of checks".

Football bosses had previously warned that asking every fan to prove their vaccine status before being allowed through a turnstile could cause massive queues on match days.

I guess this give clubs the go ahead to organise a few extra stewards to pick folk at random and check them and more importantly get tickets on sale.

shouldn't be too difficult to organise?

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Think we got a bit lucky with this rule if the checks are only for 10,000+ events, our capacity being 9,512 so even with a full house we're not required to comply (unless the rules have changed from last I'd heard)

c***s are only really bothering about events where younger folk hang out, to coerce them into getting double vaccinated.

3 hours ago, shuggz said:

Up until 9999 fans are in, they don't have to check anyone ? Then next person onwards can be checked. Even all ticket games, the attendance can't always be known beforehand as some don't turn up for various reasons.

"Yes we'd sold 10,500 tickets but how were we do know they'd all decide to use those tickets"

Tell that to the judge

29 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

"Yes we'd sold 10,500 tickets but how were we do know they'd all decide to use those tickets"

Tell that to the judge

Lets say a game which would normally be expected to be c.10k,clubs could just print 9999 tickets and dodge the passport issue.