Rangers vs Hibernian - 03/10/21

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

I never said JR said it was a red card - I said his comments indicated he thought it was a red card i.e. he implied it. Why else would he comment that the tackle looked bad from a certain angle and then complain that the referee made the decision without seeing the incident from that angle?

You extrapolated that into JR comments "indicated he thought it was a red card"

Kevin Abstract What GIF by BROCKHAMPTON

18 minutes ago, Ric said:

Hibs' decision to challenge Porteous' sending off is, imo, more about them not having enough defensive cover than expecting it to be overturned. The thing is there's an international break so appealing in the hope that he could play the next game is pointless as the decision will be made before Hibs meet United.

I would genuinely be stunned if that is overturned.

McGregor, Lewis and an England under 21 internationalist for cover but apart from that you've called it spot on.

11 minutes ago, Judy Murray said:

What a fucking slaver 

8 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

You extrapolated that into JR comments "indicated he thought it was a red card"

Kevin Abstract What GIF by BROCKHAMPTON

It's not exactly hard to "extrapolate". If a manager thinks a decision is wrong, they categorically come out and say so and state the referee got it wrong. He never, his complaint was about the referee and linesman making the decision without seeing the angle where the tackle "doesn't look great" (JR's own words) and he then went on to say he understands why it was given.

It's not hard to work out what he thinks about it.

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

You cant be serious that you can translate that into him thinking its a red, surely?

You can make some good points, but I think @Judy Murray might be spot on with the analysis here..............

Edited by Leith Green

6 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

You cant be serious that you can hence translate that into him thinking its a red, surely?

You can make some good points, but I think @Judy Murray might be spot on with the analysis here..............

Like I said, if a manager doesn't come out and say the decision was wrong and instead says Porteous gives the referee a decision to make, they understand why it was given and focusses their main criticism at how the officials arrived at that decision rather than it being the wrong one, then, in my humble opinion, that seems like he thinks it was a red.

You may disagree, which is fair enough.

Edited by AJF

1 hour ago, AJF said:

It's not exactly hard to "extrapolate". If a manager thinks a decision is wrong, they categorically come out and say so and state the referee got it wrong. He never, his complaint was about the referee and linesman making the decision without seeing the angle where the tackle "doesn't look great" (JR's own words) and he then went on to say he understands why it was given.

They are so deep in conspiracy mode that they can't accept their manager can see why a red was given.

10 minutes ago, Ulises de la Cruz said:

Exactly, he doesn't say its a red.

Right, just to be clear, I never said that Jack Ross said it was a red. I’ve maintained all along that going by his comments I think he believes it was though. It was also the opinion of the Clyde panel after hearing him yesterday - although I don’t know how much weight that carries 😂

So, to summarise: I think his comments imply he thinks it was a red, or at the very least, he doesn’t think the decision was categorically and definitively wrong.

Like I said before, you can disagree, it’s just my interpretation of his failure to state it was the wrong call amongst his other comments.

Edited by AJF

25 minutes ago, AJF said:

Right, just to be clear, I never said that Jack Ross said it was a red. I’ve maintained all along that going by his comments I think he believes it was though. It was also the opinion of the Clyde panel after hearing him yesterday - although I don’t know how much weight that carries 😂

So, to summarise: I think his comments imply he thinks it was a red, or at the very least, he doesn’t think the decision was categorically and definitively wrong.

Like I said before, you can disagree, it’s just my interpretation of his failure to state it was the wrong call amongst his other comments.

Exactly he's hardly going to say he can see why it's given if he thinks it was a terrible decision.