Rangers vs Hibernian - 03/10/21

50 minutes ago, AJF said:

Not keeping with the theme of analysing all the incidents in the match, there's been very little mentioned of our penalty shout.

45 minutes ago, Orbix said:

The Wright one or the Roofe one? 

41 minutes ago, AJF said:

Neither, the Morelos one. We had a corner at 1-0 and McGinn had his arms round Morelos and bundled him over, preventing him from touching the ball cleanly.

f**k me, now they cant even decide which of these 3 "incidents" was a penalty.

Entitled c***s, the **** eh?

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

f**k me, now they cant even decide which of these 3 "incidents" was a penalty.

Entitled c***s, the **** eh?

Not quite. I know which incidents Orbix was referring to, I just didn't think they were penalties.

28 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Was it?

Off the ground and studs showing. Flying in at a ridiculous pace. 

Doig was going at the full pace, I think Lundstram was controlled and took the ball. At no point does it look like he's about to cause a serious injury.

Porteous foot was well over the top of the ball and the ball hitting his thigh is irrelevant.

I do think Lundstram could have been 'cleaner' but it's nothing like Porteous.

1 hour ago, G51 said:

There’s a reason that the only English club that’s shown any interest in Porteous is Millwall, at a time when English sides are signing young Scottish players at an unprecedented rate.

He costs Hibs more points than he wins for them.

Another swing and a miss from an ignorant Rangers fan, quel surprise!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ryan-porteous-queens-park-rangers-24009575.amp

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/7237079/galatasaray-preparing-transfer-bid-hibs-ryan-porteous/amp/

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/besiktas-join-race-ryan-porteous-20808003.amp

1 hour ago, GroundHoppingBear said:

It was a horrendous attempt at a tackle, and frankly, Scottish football is summed up by the defence of him.

Calm down Helen Lovejoy, it was a contentious decision.

Dry your fucking eyes.

3 minutes ago, G51 said:

how many of those three stories (two of which aren’t even english clubs, nice job reading the post) actually ended up as bids

We've had Morelos going to Porto, Barisic going to Roma etc which never materialised. So not sure how a Hibs fan linking us to stories about transfers that never happened is of any relevance whatsoever. Turkish football is going backwards, so it's not as if he's even being linked to a top side.

The boy will go nowhere if he doesn't screw the nut. It's not even just his hot headedness either. Look at the goal Morelos scored last season at Easter Road. Porteous is dragged right out of position by Morelos and leaves so much space for him to get in the box and score. He's far too determined to be seen as the new Scott Brown or something. It's mental that Hibs fans are loving it.

5 minutes ago, G51 said:

how many of those three stories (two of which aren’t even english clubs, nice job reading the post) actually ended up as bids

You didn’t say bids, you said “shown any interest.”

Milwall were also in for Allan Campbell, does he come under the same category?

6 minutes ago, G51 said:

You said ‘shown any interest’ not made a bid tbf, if you’re going down the pedantic route. 

2 minutes ago, GroundHoppingBear said:

Won't someone please think of the children in third place, losing at Ibrox.

This doesn't work as well when it comes from a fan of a club with a history of tear stained statements when things don't go their way.

If I was to offer my last thoughts, Gerrard is a total p***k for talking about opposition players like that in the media. It’s not his place and it’s disrespectful. 

Say/think what you like behind closed doors but it’s actually disrespectful to jack ross, not just porteous, to be doing that IMO. 

3 minutes ago, Namond Brice said:

This doesn't work as well when it comes from a fan of a club with a history of tear stained statements when things don't go their way.

Lie down and grunt on the Hampden turf.

Porteous sent for an early bath, Hibs sent down a couple of places. But he laughed at Morelos once so he's hero worshipped.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

If I was to offer my last thoughts, Gerrard is a total p***k for talking about opposition players like that in the media. It’s not his place and it’s disrespectful. 

Say/think what you like behind closed doors but it’s actually disrespectful to jack ross, not just porteous, to be doing that IMO. 

It's not being disrespectful when it's the truth though? Scottish football has far too many characters afraid of speaking the truth and saying it as they see it. Even Kevin Thomson saying on RTV how he's such a nice lad. It's all trying to be OTT friendly IMO. Gerrard was bang on.

1 minute ago, GroundHoppingBear said:

It's not being disrespectful when it's the truth though? Scottish football has far too many characters afraid of speaking the truth and saying it as they see it. Even Kevin Thomson saying on RTV how he's such a nice lad. It's all trying to be OTT friendly IMO. Gerrard was bang on.

No, it’s his opinion on a player he has had previous negative experience with. 

Even if he is ‘bang on’ (he’s not), it’s still not his place to be commenting like that. 

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

No, it’s his opinion on a player he has had previous negative experience with. 

Even if he is ‘bang on’ (he’s not), it’s still not his place to be commenting like that. 

His player is involved in another bad challenge from the same player, that's beyond coincidence or normal play.

That's Porteous had terrible challenges on Roofe, Barisic, Coulibaly and now Aribo. At what point does Gerrard call it out? When a player is out with a broken leg?

5 minutes ago, GroundHoppingBear said:

His player is involved in another bad challenge from the same player, that's beyond coincidence or normal play.

That's Porteous had terrible challenges on Roofe, Barisic, Coulibaly and now Aribo. At what point does Gerrard call it out? When a player is out with a broken leg?

The tackle yesterday is clumsy and definitely didn’t warrant any pant wetting.