General SWPL discussion - season 21/22

Thereisalight..

3 hours ago, John MacLean said:

She wasn't last night but she might have been had she not had a wee injury. 

She has been so good in goals that we don't really think of her as an outfield player that can play in goals any more but one of three very capable keepers that we have. The fact that she offers experience outfield as well makes Danica a real asset. 

I remember seeing her in goals v Rangers and the commentary mentioned she was just covering injuries. Was suprised to see her in the highlights show last week still in goals! Clearly shes a good asset to have if she can play multiple positions! I take it your other GKs are back from injury now?

3 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I remember seeing her in goals v Rangers and the commentary mentioned she was just covering injuries. Was suprised to see her in the highlights show last week still in goals! Clearly shes a good asset to have if she can play multiple positions! I take it your other GKs are back from injury now?

Lauren McGregor was back last night but Lauren Grant is still out injured. 

We've had absolutely no luck with injuries this season including another one last night. It's making an already tough challenge even harder but the girls seem to be relishing it. 

Glasgow Women 3-2 Boroughmuir Thistle in SWPL2 this lunchtime. 

A lively game from start to finish. Glasgow down to ten for the last ten minutes following a red card that only referee Chris Gentles will know what for, but they dug in and scored a dramatic stoppage time winner. Great entertainment for my fiver.

20211107_120331.jpg

20211107_120612.jpg

5 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Aye it was a good first half. Definitely more goals in the game.

Think rangers seem quite happy with the 1 goal. Can see Celtic getting a goal in the 2nd half. Rangers will kick themselves to only go in with 1 goal at HT

Edited by Thereisalight..

7 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Nice to see Hay coming on. Hopefully she'll provide more impetus for rangers. Was suprised she didnt start the game tbh as I thought she played well midweek v Motherwell 

I missed the game but was the result merited?

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I missed the game but was the result merited?

Yeah, I went along to it. Should have been about 8 or 9 tbh. Rangers were poor in the final 3rd at times. 

Lizzie is a player having a good season but shes been woeful in the games v Celtic and Glasgow City this season. That should have been at least 0-2 there 

A question for you more knowledgeable fellas on here - during the TV games with Rangers v Glasgow City and Celtic the commentator has mentioned to the co commentator about how the teams only play each other twice now. I've looked at the fixtures on both Google and the SWPL site and it lists 3 rounds of games v each team for everyone.. any ideas? 

12 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

A question for you more knowledgeable fellas on here - during the TV games with Rangers v Glasgow City and Celtic the commentator has mentioned to the co commentator about how the teams only play each other twice now. I've looked at the fixtures on both Google and the SWPL site and it lists 3 rounds of games v each team for everyone.. any ideas? 

He definitely got it wrong. It's 3 rounds of games for a total of 27. I heard them say it as well and was confused, but it's definitely 3 rounds. The SWPL social media have said the season is 1/3 done, and that's everyone played each other once now.