Scotland v Ukraine

Lex

24 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I'm slightly peeved by this tbh. It's just 1 week on from the date of the playoff game, and suddenly, despite the war still going on, it's now ok to play sports.

The game should have taken place last week.

Please point out where it’s “now ok to play sports”’in Ukraine.

Edited by Karpaty Lviv

Playing in Ukraine and Ukraine being able to field a squad are two completely different kettles of fish.

Obviously their playoff semi final is away from home anyway, as will the final if (god forbid) they make it there. 

However, for their nations league group games, I think it’s a safe bet that they’ll find some adopted home stadium to play them. Poland would make sense given that it’s a neighbouring country, is geopolitically friendly with Ukraine, and has plenty of large stadiums given that they co-hosted the euros a decade ago. 

10 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Playing in Ukraine and Ukraine being able to field a squad are two completely different kettles of fish.

Obviously their playoff semi final is away from home anyway, as will the final if (god forbid) they make it there. 

However, for their nations league group games, I think it’s a safe bet that they’ll find some adopted home stadium to play them. Poland would make sense given that it’s a neighbouring country, is geopolitically friendly with Ukraine, and has plenty of large stadiums given that they co-hosted the euros a decade ago. 

Syria haven't played a home game in 10 years 

47 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Also heard the presenter on the Morton v Killie game mention playing Ukraine on 7th June. Is this date just being banded about becuase that's when the NL game with Ukraine was meant to be?

Yep. Nothing concrete about that. I personally think the 7th would be a poor choice. 

1 hour ago, Donathan said:

If they can declare on 1st April they will be 100% be able to field a team in June then there is no reason why they could not have fielded the same team 8 days prior if they had really wanted to.

The only winners in all of this are Wales.

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

If they can declare on 1st April they will be 100% be able to field a team in June then there is no reason why they could not have fielded the same team 8 days prior if they had really wanted to.

That's hilarious. Look at that again without your tartan army tints in. 😅 

20 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

That's hilarious. Look at that again without your tartan army tints in. 😅 

Why? This is a thread about a football match, not the war itself.

It's perfectly acceptable to be annoyed that Scotland's shot at qualifying has been made more difficult through no fault of their own, whilst the opponent waiting in the final has simultaneously had their chance made slightly easier.

49 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

if they had really wanted to.

It was more that part which I found funny. As if Ukraine are going to cobble together a team for the March dates just to make things easier for us. Mate, put yourself in their position for a second and think about what you're saying here.

It's a selfish outlook is what I'm saying and maybe taken a step too far by suggesting they didn't try hard enough to get the game on. That really is shoddy. 😄

Edited by 2426255

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

It was more that part which I found funny. As if Ukraine are going to cobble together a team for the March dates just to make things easier for us. Mate, put yourself in their position for a second and think about what you're saying here.

It's a selfish outlook is what I'm saying and maybe taken a step too far by suggesting they didn't try hard enough to get the game on. That really is shoddy. 😄

I'll accept that. When it comes to the scenario surrounding Scotland qualifying for a World Cup for the first time in 24 years i'll reserve the right to look at it through tartan tinted specs.