It's Friday! Friday! Gotta get down on Friday! ICTFC ~vs~ Kilmarnock

1 hour ago, Ott said:

We were playing the team at the top of the league! We now have our team spirit back - the goals will come because we are actually playing decent football. We definitely need width but that team was set out not to lose. Would love to see macdonald playing regularly and using Roddy on the right is a waste in terms of attack but give major solidity - he covers miles as did Billy McKay (one incredible tackle in his own box). What I saw last night was a real determination and quite a bit of creativity (Allardice was superb throughout) and great leadership from Welsh. I think the issues that caused the blip have been dealt with and we saw a team that is determined to win this league. The support of the young lads was just brilliant as well although it’d be far better if they were in the North stand. All in all a brilliant night even if my head hurts really badly today!  

Let’s not try and pretend we were playing a good team just because they were top. With one or two exceptions (Arbroath and probably Raith) the league if full of teams who are different levels of shite. We’ve been rotten most of the season and are 2 points clear!

The first half was exactly the same as every other one I’ve seen is have this season. Controlled the game didn’t create much and the chances we should have scored we missed. The only difference is that we didn’t turn to shite in the second half which is what normally happens.

We deserved to win and were comfortably the better team but we still need to improve massively going forward if we are going to win this league.

The young team were fantastic. It’s crap having them out in the open but when the roof gets out on that should hopefully really improve the atmosphere, as long as they keep turning up!

Those seats were put over there years ago to create a singing section and it last about three games before being scrapped.  Do they YT want to create a better atmosphere in the stadium as a whole or do they want to be the atmosphere alone?  I'm towards their side in the North Stand and for most of the game we could hear the Killie fans better than we could hear them.  Fair play for trying to create an atmosphere but if they want this to really work they need to be in North Stand for the noise to rub off on other fans.

I thought the club was meant to be skint but apparently there's going to be a roof stuck on soon.  If that's the case it'd be better taking the seats and having it back as terracing.  They won't be sitting down anyway.

27 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Aye. However, you can't have been that bad in every game to get to the top of the league and no doubt you won't be that bad at Stark's next week.

Don't be fooled,

We've lost 4 home games, all to teams in the top 5 and only managed 4 points from 24 against them, but thats the fans fault according to Wright in a couple of post match interviews !!

We clawed last gasp league wins against QOTS & Ayr away, after huffing & puffing for 80 odd minutes, scraped past Morton at home and were lucky to escape with a draw at Dunfermline & Arbroath.

We've struggled in cup games to break down Queens Park & Morton.

We're a complete shambles considering the squad he's assembled with the budget he had at his disposal.

It says it all when we actually missed Stephen f**kin McGinn last night.

5 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Good post in ignoring the result and shite display from Killie to concentrate on some Caley fans welfare, who were btw'singing in the rain with that result'. 

But they shouldn't have had to be singing in the rain with all the wide open spaces in the ground.

No wonder you have so few fans attending games if you treat them like that.

Oh, I know how shite we have been all season, but despite you lot beating us twice, you are still only the fourth best team we have played.........and before you say it,  I know we are in for a long hard season unless we start improving as it shows how bad we are.

Next week will be our hardest game.............god help us if we play as badly as last night.

57 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

But they shouldn't have had to be singing in the rain with all the wide open spaces in the ground.

No wonder you have so few fans attending games if you treat them like that.

Oh, I know how shite we have been all season, but despite you lot beating us twice, you are still only the fourth best team we have played.........and before you say it,  I know we are in for a long hard season unless we start improving as it shows how bad we are.

Next week will be our hardest game.............god help us if we play as badly as last night.

I'm sure your problem began with the amount of players your board offloaded with relegation, they must of thought that putting together a new squad would suffice in the Championship and they would go straight back up, Hearts did but look at the fanbase they have as far as income is concerned, however Killie don't have that similar type of finances and the chance the board took with the squad might not pay off.

Yes you were absolutely terrible yesterday which made us look all the better, but I feel there is an underlying problem, Chris Burke for instance was poor throughout the game and that's unlike him.

Do you know the Crown bar/lounge? that was once owned by the wife's grandfather who played for the Rangers and then Kilmarnock.

The problem with sacking Wright is that Bowie would just appoint someone worse. He gets a lot of credit for getting Clarke on, but since then every single thing he's done has been absolutely hopeless. 

He appointed Alessio which was a mistake, and then sacked him which was a mistake. He then appointed Dyer which was a mistake and should have fired him way earlier than he did, which was a mistake. Now it seems like hiring Wright was also a mistake. 

34 minutes ago, Coooombe said:

The problem with sacking Wright is that Bowie would just appoint someone worse. He gets a lot of credit for getting Clarke on, but since then every single thing he's done has been absolutely hopeless. 

He appointed Alessio which was a mistake, and then sacked him which was a mistake. He then appointed Dyer which was a mistake and should have fired him way earlier than he did, which was a mistake. Now it seems like hiring Wright was also a mistake. 

Lets be honest, Clarke was handed to Bowie on a plate after the initial contact was carried out by others.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

I'm sure your problem began with the amount of players your board offloaded with relegation, they must of thought that putting together a new squad would suffice in the Championship and they would go straight back up, Hearts did but look at the fanbase they have as far as income is concerned, however Killie don't have that similar type of finances and the chance the board took with the squad might not pay off.

Yes you were absolutely terrible yesterday which made us look all the better, but I feel there is an underlying problem, Chris Burke for instance was poor throughout the game and that's unlike him.

Do you know the Crown bar/lounge? that was once owned by the wife's grandfather who played for the Rangers and then Kilmarnock.

If you had seen just how rotten we were last season, you would know why we had to get rid of the vast majority. The only one we should have kept was Power who went to St Mirren.

Don't know what's going on behind the scenes but Wright's tactics are one dimensional and poor. His signings have also been questionable and we desperately need a creative midfielder in January. Polworth has been a disaster.

The Crown used to be a great wee boozer, a nice bar and a 'cabaret' room round the back. Don't know what it's like now as it's been years since I was last in it.

Favourite memory was seeing Hector NIcol in his prime, worst memory was sitting watching Scotland being humped by Peru in 1980 world cup........ Ally McLeod owned the Tudor pub just up the road.

On 03/12/2021 at 19:16, SandyCromarty said:

Pishing down now so it's the tv game for me.

Along with the rest of your “fans”. Left Killie at 1 o’clock to travel up even though it was on telly. We were pish and deserved to get beat but don’t come on here with your high and mighty views when you can’t be fecked travelling a few miles to watch your team that is going for top spot. Pitiful home support which makes Hamilton Accies look like an attribute to the big league.

1 minute ago, Killiefan said:

Along with the rest of your “fans”. Left Killie at 1 o’clock to travel up even though it was on telly. We were pish and deserved to get beat but don’t come on here with your high and mighty views when you can’t be fecked travelling a few miles to watch your team that is going for top spot. Pitiful home support which makes Hamilton Accies look like an attribute to the big league.

And Carson is still hackett in the flesh.

10 hours ago, Killiefan said:

Caley being top of the league and trouncing Killie does leave me feeling 'high and mighty', thanks for reminding me.

Stay clear of those sour grapes, seems they're affecting you.

Apologies if I upset you and I hope your pillow wasn't too wet on Saturday morning.

4 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Caley being top of the league and trouncing Killie does leave me feeling 'high and mighty', thanks for reminding me.

Stay clear of those sour grapes, seems they're affecting you.

Apologies if I upset you and I hope your pillow wasn't too wet on Saturday morning.

You definitely haven’t upset me, opinoins from a “fan” who sits in their house as opposed to handing over much needed cash to their club don’t really bother me. It’s just that you have always came on here with your strong views on your team but you don’t back them up by supporting your team.. It’s supporters like you that means Arbroath now have a bigger home support.

59 minutes ago, Killiefan said:

You definitely haven’t upset me, opinoins from a “fan” who sits in their house as opposed to handing over much needed cash to their club don’t really bother me. It’s just that you have always came on here with your strong views on your team but you don’t back them up by supporting your team.. It’s supporters like you that means Arbroath now have a bigger home support.

Our crowds may not be great right now, but still nowhere near down to the levels of Hamilton or Arbroath.

Not helped visually, that I think we're more spread out than at most grounds. Also the big gap in the middle of the north stand being vacated by the young lads who moved over to the west bank, as you'll have noticed, if you were there.

Our crowds are utterly embarrassing. There's no defending it. Away supports have obviously reduced since our time in the top tier but there are around 1,500 ICT supporters who have gone missing in the last few years alone. Hopefully a decent run at the title, or at the very least promotion, can get a few of them back along.

That might be the case for some but for many others I think that's an easy excuse. What would fans want from the club to feel more welcome? Genuine question. I'm guessing less arsehole stewards as a starter?

1 hour ago, RiG said:

That might be the case for some but for many others I think that's an easy excuse. What would fans want from the club to feel more welcome? Genuine question. I'm guessing less arsehole stewards as a starter?

I’d say the biggest reason is Rangers getting promoted to the premiership. I know loads of folk who now support rangers instead of Caley ever since then.

I honestly don’t understand the not feeling welcome thing. You go to sit and watch the football, what more are people wanting?

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Undervalued is probably a better word for it.  There doesn't seem to be any real overlap between the club and the fans and fan engagement seems to be miniscule.  In all the years I've been going to the Caley Park, it's always been a bit of clique - the only thing that changes is whose clique it is.  We often look to Motherwell as the blueprint but we seem a long long way from that.