Biggest mess?

Tells you all you need to know about the shite at the bottom of the league that everyone just assumes we’ll be fine after winning two games.

You have a squad of players that should feel embarrassed they were even in the bottom half never mind 10th. It was blatantly obvious they would start to climb the table once the donkey in charge was sacked.

At no point did I think Dunfermline would be near the bottom. You seem to have a board who will act. How I wish ours was the same.

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Tells you all you need to know about the shite at the bottom of the league that everyone just assumes we’ll be fine after winning two games.

I'm interested how you get on in the next few games heading in to January; if I recall, McCalls first game with Thistle was a 3-1 win away at Inverness too (and we know how that all turned out), you then confidently turned us over with the greatest of ease, but that also coincided with the most abject, towel-thrown-in performance I've seen by Ayr since possibly the mid-90s Simon Stainrod days. At least then we had an ounce of excitement over which foreign star he would bring to the club week to week. I'm not sure we're a yard stick at the moment, but 6 points from 6, 6 goals scored, and Yogi giving rallying interviews that I can only dream of Duffy doing, you're facing the right direction.

I've a lot of time for our chairman building sustainable club infrastructure in the background, he's just miles away at the minute with the football-related decision making. Hoping that we'll be the least shite out of 3 or 4 clubs again this season is exhausting already.

The relegation playoff is also a worrying prospect for the next couple of years with the sides now in league 1 and Kelty likely to be the next to move up into that league next season. Hamilton appear to be the current "stick on" for 10th but in reality all 4 have some serious jeopardy to navigate around. Ayr absolutely need a clearout in January, it is a massive ask of a manager who isn't known for his recruitment skills and knows his tenure is limited. On top of that we face the same issues as QotS and Morton with limited budget and who would realistically take any of the current crop of players?

Would worry about whoever finishes ninth as there's a number of upwardly mobile clubs in L1. Going to be as hard slog for the bottom four for the rest of the season.

My head says we have no chance of a playoff spot but will ultimately be safe mid table. My heart is yearning for an epic second half of the season that sees us catch the leading group and squeeze into 4th on the last day, before going on to pump Ross County in the final and finish off Mackay's career for good.