Austin MacPhee

12 minutes ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

Little scotlander thinking, are you picking up the discarded @Satoshi batton🤣

I get what your saying, were just reading different things into it. I think some of that stuff would be great for him to point out in a job interview rather than a media interview.

Is it possible you have been taken in by the hair and love of a confident man?

Ach I do get irked by the desire of my fellow countrymen to cut down the tall poppies, as if pointing out that you're doing a good job is something to be challenged and shamed. 

Regarding your second sentence, you might have a point, but we don't know what he was asked and what he was responding to. The interviewer might have asked what difference he's made to the national team since taking up the set-piece role. He's then told them. 

I'm actually disappointed that the interview didn't make mention of his bounteous barnet or his masculine confidence.

The first post literally said that it was a good thing that he was making us better, it doesn't take away from the fact that he is a very obviously weird egotistical guy. I think it's a bit unfair on the players to give him all the credit for us scoring goals from set pieces too.

22 minutes ago, Donathan said:

@craigkillie is normally an excellent poster on Scotland stuff but he’s having a nightmare here. Why on earth would you tie yourself in knots to character assassinate a guy who’s helped us to score 12 in 18 from set pieces? 

Hes having a nightmare?

On the last page you were touting this guy for the Scotland job with absolutely zero credentials 🤣

For the record im not saying Austin MacPhee is a "weird egotistical guy" I dont know him. Just that I thought he was a bit over the top in that interview.

11 minutes ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

Hes having a nightmare?

On the last page you were touting this guy for the Scotland job with absolutely zero credentials 🤣

For the record im not saying Austin MacPhee is a "weird egotistical guy" I dont know him. Just that I thought he was a bit over the top in that interview.

I was touting him for the job because if Steve Clarke was to leave* then I’d want someone from within the tent to continue the current feel good factor.

* I actually think at the age of 60, Clarke could be our manager for some time yet. I can’t see him wanting to take a club job at his age but also not sure he will want to retire. I expect him to stick around at least through the World Cup qualifying campaign if not euro 2028. 

45 minutes ago, Donathan said:

I was touting him for the job because if Steve Clarke was to leave* then I’d want someone from within the tent to continue the current feel good factor.

* I actually think at the age of 60, Clarke could be our manager for some time yet. I can’t see him wanting to take a club job at his age but also not sure he will want to retire. I expect him to stick around at least through the World Cup qualifying campaign if not euro 2028. 

And how do you know that would be the case? We only hear on brand media output and have little to no idea how he is perceived within the squad.

Personally I would want someone with the relevant experience instead.