Coffee / French press

Ylf

18 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I bought myself an Aeropress a few weeks ago after seeing it recommended on another thread. I haven't had a chance to use it yet though. Maybe on Sunday morning if I need a good coffee after a heavy night on the beer.

I also have a cheap and cheerful Nespresso machine in my home office. I know coffee aficionados think they are only for subhuman scum, but I like it and the pods are pretty cheap if you buy them in bulk from Amazon.

I've recently switched to a bean to cup machine from Nespresso, and I've yet to match their Master Origin India pods with beans. Massive difference in price of coffee beans too, there are a couple of Inverness roasters (yeah, I know, a lot more) that I'd like to use but their beans are about double what you can pay online.

Edited by welshbairn

Love El Jaguar beans from John Watt in Carlisle: https://johnwattcoffeeandtea.com/product/el-jaguar/ They occasionally have deals (three for two or fiver a bag instead of seven quid) so keep an eye out for them.

Seemingly they now have the contract for the kiosks at Carlisle United but haven't been able to venture there to see what it's like.

Heat up some milk in a mug in the microwave and fill it up with these..
https://www.nespresso.com/uk/en/order/capsules/original/monsoon-indian-coffee-pods

I started to heat the milk up in mine as well but the milk part of the machine stopped working. Had to get it sent away for repair. It says in the manual you shouldn’t heat the milk before putting it in the jug and I got asked about it when reporting the fault.

Weirdly enough when we got it (Nov 2020) it made a perfectly frothy coffee but after about 6 months it was flat. Thought it’d be sorted when it got sent away for repair (Oct 2021) but it didn’t, but in the last week it’s started to foam the milk perfectly again. One of life’s greatest mysteries.

On 08/12/2021 at 19:41, Alert Mongoose said:

Always preferred these. Not a huge fan of technological advances in certain areas.

70A00079-E0A7-4ABC-938A-D2D19DA86D33.png

I'm not a coffee drinker - I've tried on numerous occasions to get into it, and even worked as a barista before - but I got my folks one of these for their Christmas and they're absolutely daft for it. Dead easy to use and as long as you've got a way to get your milk frothy for a cappuccino it's grand - if you like an Americano it's grand too.