Jussie Smollet

ICTChris

Actor Jussie Smollet has been found guilty of five charges relating to him faking a racist attack on him in Chicago in February 2019. Smollet claimed to have been walking to get a sandwich in -10 weather when he had been attacked by two white men wearing MAGA hats who beat him, poured bleach on him and out a noose around his neck.

It was subsequently found that Smollet paid two Nigerian brothers he knew to fake the attack as he wanted to boost his profile and earning potential.  Smollet, who has been axed from their hit TV show Empire, could face more than 20 years in prison when sentenced.

have any P&Bers ever made up a load of okd crap and been caught out?

Have any P&Bers been beaten up while out for a Subway at 2am?

If I was going to stage a racist assault I would have thought paying a couple of white skin heads may have lent a greater degree of authenticity than using two guys from Nigeria.

He'll need to stick to the acting as he's already failed as a casting director.

What an out and out bellend.

Don't want him getting 20 years in the nick.  Being held up as a figure of ridicule is good enough for me.

Absolutely crazy that BLM are still backing this idiot.  That tells you all you need to know about that hateful, conspiratorial outfit.

50 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

If I was going to stage a racist assault I would have thought paying a couple of white skin heads may have lent a greater degree of authenticity than using two guys from Nigeria.

You're assuming these Nigerians are black.

(Probably a fairly safe assumption, tbh.)

Twenty years in prison is the very highest end of the possible sentence.  It's more likely he'll get a lighter sentence - some talk about him only getting probation.  I think that he'll get a short stint in prison though, the prosecutor was very hard on him for continuing to lie to the court during the trial.

1 hour ago, Aladdin said:

To be fair he claimed a racist and homophobic attack.

But glad to see it's likely he's going to get a proper sentence as his antics undermine all the people that have really been attacked for their skin colour or sexuality.

The scariest thing is how the media automatically jumped to back up his nonsense right from the start.

They've also made complete fools of themselves over the Covington Kids and Kyle Rittenhouse, with Nicholas Sandmann receiving huge payouts.  Rittenhouse will no doubt get the same.

Will they learn?  I doubt it.

12 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

He must be feckin' desperate. If he'd contacted PnB in the first instance, he could have visited 12 Ruel St. for a proper shoeing.

I'm sure Tam the Bam and Shandon would have been right up for it.

Erm...