The Glorious Heart of Midlothian FC v Sevco

3 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Speculation in the papers this week about Halkett and Walker moving away. 

Every time we play these c***s, there's a story. 

I can see why you chose that username. 

3 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

Narrow loss, or a draw. Beni being out hurts us. 

Rangers will press forward, leaving space behind, we're at Tynecastle, we've got a great record against them recently at home, and Haring (or McAneff) for Beni is not too big a problem. I can see us winning this one (which is not something I can ever get used to saying when playing either one of the OF).

Unless Bobby Madden's the ref. He's not, is he?

1 hour ago, paranoid android said:

Speculation in the papers this week about Halkett and Walker moving away. 

Every time we play these c***s, there's a story. 

Any team's welcome to Walker - he's obviously not even on the edges of Neilson's plans, and Halkett seems a level headed guy. Doubt he'll give it a second thought.

1 hour ago, lennyzer0 said:

Rangers will press forward, leaving space behind, we're at Tynecastle, we've got a great record against them recently at home, and Haring (or McAneff) for Beni is not too big a problem. I can see us winning this one (which is not something I can ever get used to saying when playing either one of the OF).

I hope you are correct. I don't think I've often been confident about a game v either of those two though. Only time I can remember being confident was the home game v Celtic at the start of this season.

I'm a big Haring fan, I really am. He's pretty underrated by many, in my opinion. I just think he's struggled to show it consistently since he returned from injury. Even allowing for that though, he's a totally different player to Beni. So much of our great start to the season was down to Beni. His ball retention and ability to win the ball back in tight situations has been the foundation for our good season so far. I think the last two wins have been a bit scrappier because of his absence, as we haven't dominated the ball in midfield to the same degree. Haring is more of a goal threat though, and he picks out an accurate long pass better, than Beni. I think Haring will add more to our attacking potential, but Beni gives us a better grip on midfield.

I'd be playing Moore as RWB from the start, whether Smith is fit or not.

Edited by Kyle Reese

24 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

Any team's welcome to Walker - he's obviously not even on the edges of Neilson's plans, and Halkett seems a level headed guy. Doubt he'll give it a second thought.

I'd have Walker playing before Nando, but his time is probably up at Hearts - he might struggle with the pitch and high-tempo work-rate required at Livi, but Callum Davidson seems keen. 

13 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I'd have Walker playing before Nando, but his time is probably up at Hearts - he might struggle with the pitch and high-tempo work-rate required at Livi, but Callum Davidson seems keen. 

Wouldn't have Walker on from the start of a game. Every time he has come on and grabbed a goal as a sub, there has been a lobby for him to start. Then when he gets a start he is generally a passenger. We can't afford a player who will just allow Rangers to bomb past him with little resistance on Sunday. If we need to pinch a goal later on, when legs are tired, then absolutely I'd rather see him getting stripped than Gnando.

Aye, taking into account our form at Tynecastle, I've got the fear for this one. Under Gerrard, our November into December form was usually pretty good but we still haven't really got properly going yet this season so I'm quite wary.

Trips to Tyncastle, Pittodrie and Celtic Park in the next 3 and a half weeks has the potential to make or break our season.

1 hour ago, lennyzer0 said:

Rangers will press but I don't think the gaps in behind that were emblematic of Gerrard's time are going to be there still, there's clearly more instruction to sit one of the full backs when going forward, and playing 2 at the base of a 4-2-3-1 means that there's less chance of Hearts countering on just Goldson and Bassey in the centre.

We've struggled against Robbie Mourinho teams in the past and I can see the same thing happening again.  At Tynecastle the crowd and Hearts players will scream for every decision, placing a lot of pressure on the ref.

We'll press forward in numbers, Hearts will disrupt play and easily break up our attacks. We'll lose a few goals to counter attacks as our defensive gaps are exploited.

2 - 2

52 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I agree about playing him over Gnando - but I just think he's done as far as Neilson is concerned (and hopefully Gnando is away in January - whatever Blackpool fans saw in him, it's not working out at Hearts, and he seems actually to be getting worse, game by game.)

25 minutes ago, bennett said:

We've struggled against Robbie Mourinho teams in the past and I can see the same thing happening again.  At Tynecastle the crowd and Hearts players will scream for every decision, placing a lot of pressure on the ref.

We'll press forward in numbers, Hearts will disrupt play and easily break up our attacks. We'll lose a few goals to counter attacks as our defensive gaps are exploited.

2 - 2

Doesn't normally seem to make a blind bit of difference to the ref, in my experience.

1 hour ago, Kyle Reese said:

I hope you are correct. I don't think I've often been confident about a game v either of those two though. Only time I can remember being confident was the home game v Celtic at the start of this season.

I'm a big Haring fan, I really am. He's pretty underrated by many, in my opinion. I just think he's struggled to show it consistently since he returned from injury. Even allowing for that though, he's a totally different player to Beni. So much of our great start to the season was down to Beni. His ball retention and ability to win the ball back in tight situations has been the foundation for our good season so far. I think the last two wins have been a bit scrappier because of his absence, as we haven't dominated the ball in midfield to the same degree. Haring is more of a goal threat though, and he picks out an accurate long pass better, than Beni. I think Haring will add more to our attacking potential, but Beni gives us a better grip on midfield.

I'd be playing Moore as RWB from the start, whether Smith is fit or not.

Haring was excellent at the start of the season. He was a big part of our good start and started 4 out first 5 games, only dropping out when Devlin came.  He was also one of our best players at Celtic Park and helped change the game when he came on last Sunday. He's not Beni, but I have no fears about him at all. He's also a threat in the opposition box.

15 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Haring was excellent at the start of the season. He was a big part of our good start and started 4 out first 5 games, only dropping out when Devlin came.  He was also one of our best players at Celtic Park and helped change the game when he came on last Sunday. He's not Beni, but I have no fears about him at all. He's also a threat in the opposition box.

Yeah, I wouldn't necessarily disagree with any of that. I don't think Haring is back to his very best, like he was pre-injury, but as I said, I'm a big fan. He's definitely more of a goal threat, and I'd rather he was on the goal line to defend the back post than Beni, too. It's not that I don't appreciate the good things that big Pete does, its more that we miss the good things that Beni does, because Haring doesn't really play the same way. Hopefully Devlin will manage that side of things on his own, and Haring can put his own attributes to good use.

Edited by Kyle Reese