**The Official P&B Christmas 2021 Thread**

Cheese

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

The closest M&S food will be at the Gyle shopping centre in Edinburgh, just down the road from the airport.

There is a big M&S in the Falkirk retail park that is quite good, and is next to a big Iceland, Tesco and Farmfoods. It'll be heaving at lunchtime tomorrow I suspect.

There is a smaller Tesco in Linlithgow, plus an Aldi and a Sainsbury's. These will be quieter but less choice.

Thanks pal. I'll check them out. Been able to avoid the UK Christmas crazy for a while now but just need to launch back in.

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

I have a sense of foreboding at the moment. Flying into Edinburgh at 11am tomorrow morning where we've rented a big hoose for all the fmaily to be together form Christmas Eve to the 28th. The problem is the supplies. I tried doing it online ages ago with Click & Collect service but loads of things were "unavailable". Not just wee things, the main event stuff. Decided to go to supermarkets when we arrive tomorrow but I have a sense of dread about it. Can anyone suggest a quieter supermarket/M&S food to drive to tomorrow lunchtime? I'll be heading from Embra airport to Striring area then driving to Glasgow.

You could always try the M&S at the airport, probably won't have everything but worth a go..

4 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

I have a sense of foreboding at the moment. Flying into Edinburgh at 11am tomorrow morning where we've rented a big hoose for all the fmaily to be together form Christmas Eve to the 28th. The problem is the supplies. I tried doing it online ages ago with Click & Collect service but loads of things were "unavailable". Not just wee things, the main event stuff. Decided to go to supermarkets when we arrive tomorrow but I have a sense of dread about it. Can anyone suggest a quieter supermarket/M&S food to drive to tomorrow lunchtime? I'll be heading from Embra airport to Striring area then driving to Glasgow.

There's a large M&S food in Paisley on Renfrew Road but it'll most likely be busy.

Edited by RH33

6 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

M&Ss tend to be packed, including the associated parking e.g. at The Gyle.

Tesco at Hermiston Gait is a pretty good shop, and parking is typically not too bad. It could be a handy location for your route, too