Staggies v Celtic, 15th December 2021

13 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Not only a West of Scotland problem, I'm from the Stirlingshire area and some of the hatred for Catholics which oozes out of some of the towns and villages in that part of the world, including the one I'm originally from, Fallin, is truly something to behold. 

Several areas of darkest Fife are bad for it too, and as for those villages in the hills above Falkirk, places like Sheildhill, Redding, Slamannan, Laurieston, Brightons, Polmont and the rest... 'staunch' doesn't come close.

Fallin is a strange little place. Does it not claim to have the oldest RSC in Scotland ?

Why don’t you support Stirling Albion and avoid the nonsense that comes with the Old Firm ? Must only be about 2 miles from the stadium for Fallin or so.

With regards the villages above Falkirk, you’ve missed Westquarter, which is easily the staunchest of them all and Rumford, which is like a little Irish village surrounded by the rest.

Maybe if there was a bill which specifically dealt with offensive behaviour we'd see the offensive singing stopped.

Oh wait a minute, we did have an offensive behaviour bill but one team didn't like it and it had to go.

It didn't cause any noticeable reduction in offensive behaviour and there is already existing legislation and common law to deal with criminal behaviour of this type.

Thinking we can arrest or prosecute our way out of this problem is an outdated concept. It will only stop when clubs are deducted points for the behaviour of their fans, which is a minefield in itself and will never actually happen.

6 minutes ago, energyzone said:

It didn't cause any noticeable reduction in offensive behaviour and there is already existing legislation and common law to deal with criminal behaviour of this type.

Thinking we can arrest or prosecute our way out of this problem is an outdated concept. It will only stop when clubs are deducted points for the behaviour of their fans, which is a minefield in itself and will never actually happen.

I disagree, the offensive behaviour bill worked. Songs would be started and fade away once they got to offensive bits, it made a difference imo.

On 17/12/2021 at 08:49, Comrie said:

That video is grim. Some definite Dingwall accents in there.

Name, shame and ban. A pity as the Young Team were making some much needed atmosphere in the Jailend.

Agree with your second sentence, club have to stamp this out.

First one, definite Dingwall accents? The drums are beating, possibility one of the instigators is from further afield.

I will apologise if my source turns out to have given incorrect information.

A lot of comments on this site automatically use the words  from Glasgow when judging OF supporters.

Sadly a lot of the troublemakers come from cities, towns and villages outside Glasgow.

I guess it’s wanting to be the big man mentality.

On the journey to games they  get so tanked up on whatever, all the bigotry and bile spills out.

Having said that, judging by the faces in the Jailend section , they don’t appear old enough to be drinking, then again, you ever know .