Staggies v Celtic, 15th December 2021

53 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I don’t have a particular problem with the pitch invasion. Probably a bit much but football does that to you. 

Becoming the done thing at our ground for away fans, so far Aberdeen, St Mirren, and Sevco fans have done it, maybe missed some, can't remember for sure if Hearts fans did too.

Celtic fans haven't had the chance yet, they've never beaten us at the Spaghettihad in our 4 seasons back in the top flight, would imagine their pent up frustration at that will be the mother of all pitch invasions when they do.

4 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Even Hart told him to wind his neck in and gave him a sly kick. Must’ve had a a few choice words for the ref. 

Yeah must admit Hart I just assumed was your typical big mouth player but games for us you can see him organising more than I can remember any other keeper. You see him speaking to coaches on the bench more and he’s pulled a few players away from controversy. Add in his sweeping/distribution that I had discounted his ability to do he’s been way more than just a shot stopper for us.

Edited by gannonball

36 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Yeah must admit Hart I just assumed was your typical big mouth player but games for us you can see him organising more than I can remember any other keeper. You see him speaking to coaches on the bench more and he’s pulled a few players away from controversy. Add in his sweeping/distribution that I had discounted his ability to do he’s been way more than just a shot stopper for us.

Joe Hart has been outstanding. The signing was ridiculed by many on here and I was unsure based on his ability with the ball at his feet.

Happy to eat my words, the big man is class

16 hours ago, Gallo24 said:

Have to be trolling hitting out with that. If not, do you really think the Celtic fans were running onto the pitch thinking “we have to celebrate more than rangers would do in this situation”?

Bairnardo has a point, it's the usual look how more passionate we are/how much more it means to us that both sets of fans get up to.

6 hours ago, buddie06smfc said:

This conspiracy theory that consumes Celtic fans and board members minds alike needs to stop. Any supporter who goes to go to a game awaiting any sort of controversial decision so that they can cry conspiracy must be a terrible existence. Referees are hopeless up here but there is no alternative and when you get VAR allowing penalties like the Leicester one at the weekend it shows how hopeless a system that is too. 

I've seen on twitter Celtic fans trudging up the video of the Inverness handball in the Scottish Cup semi final pointing out that Alan Muir was behind the goal and failed to spot the handball. I would imagine that would be because he couldn't see through Meekings' head. The referee on that day was to blame for that, and Celtic's inability to prevent 3 Inverness goals. I've yet to see Celtic fans bringing up many a controversial decision they've benefited from, funny that or maybe there is something more sinister. 

They conveniently forget how shite their defence was that day. Van Dijk scored a great free kick but was utter shite the rest of the game. Celtic’s midfield looked league one level too.  A joke of a performance from them. 

6 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

In the context of this season that goal is massive, absolutely massive especially considering the 3 points looked to be gone after the red card.

And it’s football isn’t it? It’s the only time when we get to lose ourselves a little so folk whining about fans celebrating and a few spilling onto the park need to wind their neck in a bit.

Nah, Celtic are well clear of 3rd place. I don't see Hearts catching them.