North Lanarkshire EL Clasico

it looks like this will go ahead, and if Airdrie are able to put out close enough to their strongest XI then we should be getting back on the horse at my local stadium. 

the 2-1 scoreline last time out flattered our perspective hosts, but Airdrie haven't really gotten any better at taking more of the umpteen chances we create so it's entirely possible we carry on failing to put the game to bed and pay the price accordingly. 

Turn up and get our shooting boots on and it should be a handsome winning margin. After back to back league defeats, though, a win of any sort will do and this is always, always a potential point dropper. 

No doubt about it, we HAVE to win this game, and that's no slander on Clyde btw, but for our own ambitions, we MUST win.

Goodwillie will get his customary goal or 2, so we'll have to put away at least 2 chances I would think.  The teams not been wildly different the last wee while, so we'll see what happens. Probably make the trip for this one since it may be the last for a while 😔.

1 hour ago, moses1924 said:

Do tickets for this game need to be bought in advance or is it pay at the gate? Is there any vaccine passport stuff required? Not been to a game since COVID restrictions came in but hopefully going to this one

Youi can buy a ticket on the website, and the club have just posted this ''Taking a lateral flow test before travelling is strongly encouraged, as is buying a ticket in advance to avoid queuing delays''

17 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Would not be at all surprised if this is our last game for a while. Merry Christmas everyone.

Not been since Clydebank game but think I'll go tomorrow for that exact reason. 

Missed Goodwillie owning David Hutton 2 years ago so this will actually be the first I've seen us play Airdrie at Broadwood since they were Airdrie Utd

Edited by C. Muir

9 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

No doubt about it, we HAVE to win this game, and that's no slander on Clyde btw, but for our own ambitions, we MUST win.

Goodwillie will get his customary goal or 2, so we'll have to put away at least 2 chances I would think.  The teams not been wildly different the last wee while, so we'll see what happens. Probably make the trip for this one since it may be the last for a while 😔.

Agreed. A must win. I hope the players show a reaction after the last 2 league poor performances against cove and Montrose. Having said that Clyde’s record against us is rotten, Since that last defeat at Broadwood we’ve beaten Clyde 4 times 13-3 on aggregate. 

Quite remarkably if results really went against us tomorrow we could end up closer to East Fife in 10th than Cove in 1st.

Must win

Looking forward to the game as I expect this could be the last for sometime as I sense a lockdown coming. Hopefully we can get 3 points as we need to keep on the coattails but I was talking to a boy in Baynes yesterday and he said we have 9 players who have trained. The rest who are missing or on the bench are not fit or are struggling. He was mentioning names so seemed to be in the know but I will not name them since it could be rubbish. I hope the boy is 200% wrong but he seemed genuine which worries me. Clyde are a funny team, sometimes look really good, other times rubbish so will be interesting which 1 turns up 

Looking at the teams, this could be quite a tough one, possibly a game too far in terms of our current unbeaten run. I think our pair in the midfield will struggle more than they did last week, possibly overrun similar to the Peterhead game.