Motherwell v St. Johnstone - 18th December 2021

I was against a change of shape for Saints but it's getting past the stage of saying it's not at least worth a go. We might lose a game but then we are losing every week anyway. I don't think it would be seen by the players as a manager losing faith in a system at this stage, if that was a concern. 

The question becomes though if we change shape and lose does he immediately revert to 5-3-dull/5-2-boring or stick with something different? 

Won't suggest a team as such but know the players I would like to see get a chance and, even more so, those I want nowhere near the starting eleven.

3 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Curtis Main was fucking shit.

I think that's slightly harsh.  He was never a goalscorer, and he'll not be anywhere near the top of anyone's list of favourite strikers.  However, while a lot of people rightly praise the contribution of Turnbull, Hastie & Ariyibi in the second half of 18/19, a lot of the space created was due to Main launching folk out the way first!

Also, we'll always have the lovely memory of him scoring twice at Hampden and absolutely bodying the Aberdeen centre-halves halfway to Rutherglen train station during the 2018 SC Semi-Final.  

Came in on a free, done a job and then fucked off again on a free.  No harm done.

I thought he was class to begin with. Shortly before that semi-final against Aberdeen, he absolutely ragdolled the Rangers defence in a 2-2 draw too. 

You can definitely seperate his Motherwell career in to two parts. 8 goals in his first 15 games, then 6 in his next 43 (two of which were against Clyde and East Stirling in the league cup groups).

He was effective as a lone-striker the following season, but he wasn't anywhere near the player I thought we had got in the first three months.

34 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

All week on all social media you’ve been slagging the team,but now you instruct them  to win, some hard neck 

Surprise surprise Frank Chickens1 has red dotted me! I’ve dm’d him to block me ,instead of being a sad fucker,dotting me all the time, so fingers crossed 

7 hours ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

All week on all social media you’ve been slagging the team,but now you instruct them  to win, some hard neck 

Aye, imagine a Saints fan wanting Saints to win while simultaneously saying this squad is shit.

I just want us to get to January in touch of safety, if not out the relegation zone, by any means necessary at this stage, as I'm terrified we'll be cut adrift and will have too much work to do to turn it around.

19 hours ago, Costanza said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Eetu is not even in the squad. 

Davidson must surely realise his public criticism was daft. Only way for it to make sense is for him to give Eetu another chance so he can claim he was just playing mind games. It was all done to inspire a reaction.

At least that's what my over-reading of the situation tells me. In other words, you're probably right.

It'll be 343 today.

Not an attacking 343 though, it'll be some weird variation with players who should be nowhere near the starting 11 are in. That 4 in midfield will no doubt include Booth, Rooney  and Crawford, so basically one midfielder with another 2 either side of May. So an attacking formation in 343 turns into Callum Davidson inspired 541. Get this pish in the fucking bin, play the game to win and change it to 442 and use the players at your disposal. 

Clark 

Rooney  Gordon  McCart Devine 

Middleton Bryson Butterfield Viv

E2          May

Not too fussed if he changed the RB and LB to Brown and Booth to combat Motherwells wide players.