God Save The Queen

Lex

Whilst the guy featured in the response is well known locally as rather eccentric, the fact is that this newspaper like so many others operates on the basis that the readership can never have too much bad news.  It is also incredibly biased politically.
To be avoided.
A Scottish Family Party candidate, no less.

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

She also owns an unrivalled collection of Swans, Dolphins, Whales and Sturgeons.
She doesn’t own Black Swans though, not indigenous to the U.K., they come from Down Under introduced to the U.K. in the late 18th Century. Although still part of the Commonwealth for the time being, she probably doesn’t want to do anything more to piss the Australians off at moment by claiming them as her own. Probably best not given them another reason to remove her as Head of State. It really would be the last straw.

If they're black, send them back might be a good conservation slogan.

I haven't  thought this through, have I?

2 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Re. the hosting of the jubilee party earlier, there are some people who are in love with the Royal Family.

There's a BBC documentary out at the moment about life in a London street during COVID. One gentleman, who IIRC was a single man in his 50s, took his 5 minutes of fame to espouse how much he loved her majesty and that he sends her birthday cards every year without fail.

It's pretty odd behaviour, but in general it's harmless eccentricitiy. If it wasn't her Maj it would be Robbie Williams or writing love songs about cats.

None of this sycophancy should have anything to do with her being Head of State, a ridiculous anarchronism in the modern age. And for those who say it will never change, have a quick look at how many terriroties the Queen 'ruled over' when she was crowned, compared to now. Tick tock.

I also have no doubt that if she was kicked out of office, many sycophants would run a monthly go fund me page to keep her and her family rolling in Swish chalets. Weirdos the lot of them, but sooner that than Scientology (I guess?)

Aye, because set against the rest if it, being a Scientologist would be a step too far. 

32 minutes ago, H Wragg said:
37 minutes ago, O said:
Whilst the guy featured in the response is well known locally as rather eccentric, the fact is that this newspaper like so many others operates on the basis that the readership can never have too much bad news.  It is also incredibly biased politically.
To be avoided.

A Scottish Family Party candidate, no less.

To be clear, the Scottish Family Party’s god is ok with avarice, adultery, divorce, and outrageous sums spent on protecting relatives from legal scrutiny - as long as those indulging in it are royal? This repellent little band of god-bothering bigots certainly turn very liberal when the characters involved in all the things they cry about have fancy titles.

25 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

If they're black, send them back might be a good conservation slogan.

I haven't  thought this through, have I?

Might need tweaked a bit, right enough.

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It would work with squirrels, if they're grey, send them away.

Now you're getting places.

How about lions?

If they're tawny, we want them gonny.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

No, lions are good, we should keep them.

We could set them loose on the squirrels.

Then it would be, if they're red, they're dead.

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

We could set them loose on the squirrels.

Then it would be, if they're red, they're dead.

I'm looking up non native species, that should keep me busy for an hour until the work morning meeting.

27 minutes ago, Antlion said:

To be clear, the Scottish Family Party’s god is ok with avarice, adultery, divorce, and outrageous sums spent on protecting relatives from legal scrutiny - as long as those indulging in it are royal? This repellent little band of god-bothering bigots certainly turn very liberal when the characters involved in all the things they cry about have fancy titles.

What utter nonsense.

4 hours ago, Satoshi said:

I also have no doubt that if she was kicked out of office, many sycophants would run a monthly go fund me page to keep her and her family rolling in Swish chalets. 

Very entertaining book by Sue Townsend (Adrian Mole author) about if the UK was to be a republic and they have the royal family sent to live on a council estate. Deffo worth a read as light entertainment.

57 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

And for all the gammonistas and multi-profiled unionistas, here's a chance to direct your wankathon endearments and to be with your ain folk in the right place for you all.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10856707/queens-platinum-jubilee-tribute-congratulatory-messages.html

Judging by the hilarious tone of these they are being spat out by a North Korean bot.

2 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Judging by the hilarious tone of these they are being spat out by a North Korean bot.

Not sure if ‘long live your body’ is confirmation of bot/mentalist/fellow shapeshifting reptilian/all of the above. 

CDD72687-E587-4A99-BB45-314BF5A8FB63.jpeg